My Sick Spider Ninja Moves - Embarrassing Story

lazychicken

Reaction score
Handicap
This past weekend I was playing as a single at my home club. The beginning of my round started out a little cool so I had been wearing a pullover. But I quickly removed it and threw it in the cart basket. Later in the round, as I stood on the #15 tee box waiting for the group ahead of me to clear, I realized I was in the shade and the wind had kicked up a little and it was now a bit cooler outside. So I grabbed the pullover and put it back on. The group ahead was finally getting to hit and I knew they had been playing pretty quickly so I started getting ready to tee off.

I reached down and stuck my tee in the ground...and that's when all hell broke loose.

Out of the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. A deadly spider of some variety I can't identify because I don't know anything about spiders was on the right sleeve of my pullover in the middle of my forearm, and he was climbing toward me. Clearly he was in attack mode. I could see his eyes narrow as he sized up his prey. I could smell the deadly venom flooding his killer fangs. He looked me right in my soul and I could hear him whisper "you're a dead man!!". He picked up his tiny spider cell phone and called his spider wife to tell her that his hunt had been successful and they were having golfer for dinner. I could hear her excited squeal through the phone. I knew I had only seconds to act.

At this point, primal instinct kicked in. My whole body sprung into action and began fighting for survival. I'm sure to anyone watching it had to look like I was a well-trained martial artist executing a series of finely-honed spider ninja moves. But I'll be honest with you, I felt like I was just running around the tee box flailing my arms and spinning around for all I was worth. What surely sounded to outside observers like a very manly viking battle cry was actually me screaming like a little girl.

The fight for my very survival felt like it lasted hours, but it was probably only 10-15 seconds. I was finally able to rip the pullover off and throw it on the ground before smiting it with my driver.

I never found the remains of my 8-legged foe, but I'm sure he was full of sadness and regret as the light left his lifeless carcass. I can only hope he had enough time to alert his spider friends - "This golfer is not to be trifled with".

Anyway, I just wanted to get my version of events on record in case someone else happened to have been watching. Thanks.

This is the exact reason I will not allow Mrs Chefkritter to post on THP in that she will proudly post videos of me battling the fiercest foes of snakes, spiders, and armadillos. My running, screaming, and victory dances after battle aren’t quite ready to see the Internet

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hahahaha

If you didn't find the body, know that he's still out there. Waiting for you. Every time you tee it up.

You just widowed his spider wife and his 200,000 spider babies... He had a lot of mouths to feed, now all their lives will be on your conscience

I totally read that in The Christmas Story narrator voice. It was that much more epic!

I was standing over a putt in Flagstaff recently when something caught my peripheral vision on my left. I thought maybe it was a leaf or something so I backed away.

No leaf, just a tarantula, the size of a dinner roll plate. Walked right thru my line.

One of the locals spoke up and said “They’re harmless, they eat other bugs, leave it be - also I don’t want to putt over a smashed tarantula” so I just stood back and watched it cruise along, then rocketed the putt 38 feet past the hole.

I was standing over a putt in Flagstaff recently when something caught my peripheral vision on my left. I thought maybe it was a leaf or something so I backed away.

No leaf, just a tarantula, the size of a dinner roll plate. Walked right thru my line.

One of the locals spoke up and said “They’re harmless, they eat other bugs, leave it be - also I don’t want to putt over a smashed tarantula” so I just stood back and watched it cruise along, then rocketed the putt 38 feet past the hole.
You know what’s funny, a tarantula wouldn’t have bothered me. I see them quite frequently on courses around here in Texas. Heck, even snakes don’t bother me. Coincidentally, the hole #15 I was on for my spider story was actually the scene of a snake story that has quickly turned into lore at my club. I wasn’t there, but apparently during our member-guest tournament several months ago a guest walked over to his ball in the fairway and saw a Timber rattlesnake nearby. As I understand the story, he said something about how he used to pick these things up all the time as a kid, and then proceeded to pick up the snake and throw it. Of course right when he moved his arm to launch the snake, it turned around and struck him on the arm. Again, as I’ve been told, he played several more holes before he slumped over and someone called 911.

And of course I’m a weirdo who actually likes snakes, so the first thing I’m thinking is that Timber rattlers are protected by Texas state law. You’re not really even allowed to “harass” them, much less pick them up. But seriously, IT’S A RATTLESNAKE!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!

About a day later the club installed a bunch of signs warning about snakes. Which is funny because the club is way out in the country where I assume everyone just automatically knows there are going to be snakes and critters.

I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help myself :ROFLMAO:

That was funny ? Can't help but think of Mrs Nut freaking out about anything the flies or jumps. I catch reptiles & amphibians all the time. I once held a little gray tree frog in my hand & it jumped on towards her & she freaked out. It was hilarious!

Now he may have just wanted to have a conversation with you about how to play the hole. Or possible he was looking for a caddie fee. :cool:

I was playing Arroyo in West Vegas last year and we were in the fairway waiting for the group in front of us to clear the green. Suddenly they began running in circles frantically, waving their arms around wildly, and then picked up their balls and clubs and sprinted to their carts and floored it outta there.

Well we then decided to do what any self respecting golfer would do.... make our approach shots and continue the round! As we drove up to the green a few minutes later we then noticed thousands of bees swarming everywhere. They were on the green, flying about, on the flagstick, and just everywhere. I seem to recall putting out while avoiding any stingers.

Revenge of the Daddy Long Legs. LOL That was the best course story I've heard in awhile. lazychicken is a man of various spider killing talents. :starwars:

You know what’s funny, a tarantula wouldn’t have bothered me. I see them quite frequently on courses around here in Texas. Heck, even snakes don’t bother me. Coincidentally, the hole #15 I was on for my spider story was actually the scene of a snake story that has quickly turned into lore at my club. I wasn’t there, but apparently during our member-guest tournament several months ago a guest walked over to his ball in the fairway and saw a Timber rattlesnake nearby. As I understand the story, he said something about how he used to pick these things up all the time as a kid, and then proceeded to pick up the snake and throw it. Of course right when he moved his arm to launch the snake, it turned around and struck him on the arm. Again, as I’ve been told, he played several more holes before he slumped over and someone called 911.

And of course I’m a weirdo who actually likes snakes, so the first thing I’m thinking is that Timber rattlers are protected by Texas state law. You’re not really even allowed to “harass” them, much less pick them up. But seriously, IT’S A RATTLESNAKE!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!

About a day later the club installed a bunch of signs warning about snakes. Which is funny because the club is way out in the country where I assume everyone just automatically knows there are going to be snakes and critters.

We played out at Wekopa in Scottsdale earlier this year. I asked the starter about the wildlife and he says well, it hasn't really been warm enough for the snakes to come out yet, but the bobcats tend to like the colder weather, so don't leave the fairway without a club in your hand. Nice.

spider-nuke-the-site-from-orbit-its-the-only-way-53081862.png

We played out at Wekopa in Scottsdale earlier this year. I asked the starter about the wildlife and he says well, it hasn't really been warm enough for the snakes to come out yet, but the bobcats tend to like the colder weather, so don't leave the fairway without a club in your hand. Nice.
My trusty 7 iron is the club that can get me out of trouble on the course, and it is also the club I carry when I have to leave the fairway into the tall stuff. We affectionately refer to various areas on our course as "rattlesnake junction" or "copperhead creek" or whatever. It is not at all uncommon to see roadrunners wandering the course carrying snakes they've caught. Gotta love Texas...

hahahaha

If you didn't find the body, know that he's still out there. Waiting for you. Every time you tee it up.
Clearly it is time to find a new course.

We've all done the spider dance but I love your depiction of events! hahahahaha

Ah, now it's completely clear why I'm getting invited out there. You need someone to sacrifice to the wildlife.

Back