Rvick82

Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 16.5
I took a good amount of lessons last year that greatly improved my swing, timing, balance, etc. I practiced ALOT and got better. Now that I am back in school, working two jobs, and married I don't have tons of time to practice right now. I am learning to practice smarter not harder. Anyway, as I was at the range a few days ago my wife was with me and I had her a take a quick video of my swing. I do not have a driver right now so I was working with my 3 wood (taylormade burner 2.0 TP 15*). I kept feeling like something was off on my swing and my ball flight seemed to be much higher than normal. I not sure exactly how to describe it other than I felt that something was off through my turn. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, this is the "Ask the Pro" thread. So please don't respond until the GolfTEC pro does. Then after that, I'll take all the advice I can get. Thanks!

When things feel a little "off", sometimes a simple solution is quiet the feet down and feel a little more grounded.

Specifically for you, I'd try to get the left knee from wandering too far on the backswing by keeping the left heel on the ground. This should get the lower body a little more stabilized and might be just what you need to regain that solid, connected feel.

Holding the finish position is always a great idea; you seem to do that well. But, to get extra nit-picky, I'd like to see that right foot more vertically oriented when you finish. The heel kicking out is an indication that the knee and hip action isn't quite sync'd up with the rest of the body.

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

Thanks for the advice! I will be working on keeping my left heel grounded and not getting to sloppy or lazy with my follow though. Hopefully that will help tighten up a few things off the tee.

Back