My track man gapping session today

Landing angle should be close to 45 degrees which that is, peak height with 6iron should be around your swing speed which it is, spin is good. Numbers are great. Question is can you swing the heavier shafts over a full 18 holes? That’s something you’ll have to decide. I was in this exact same situation, but I found my self tired when from swinging at fitting (trying to create the best numbers possible). Realized to myself I rarely play a iron shot to it’s maxed out number or swing all out. I ended up with kbs stiff 120. Like the feel better and if I want to step on one they are still stable enough to do so. I think the only other thing to consider is not the flex, but the weight of the shaft. The weight may help in your swing sequence.
I had this similar experience with Xflex $tapers. S+ is ideal for me. Sadly, not many OEMs offer that flex.

What would the optimal height with a SS of around 80 mph for a 6i be? I don’t have 6i numbers right now but I was averaging 80 feet on a 7i with a SS in the high 70s yesterday. I know I hit it a bit low. I am already playing Nippon 950s so I am playing a high launch shaft although it is in Apex 19s which have strong lofts.

Depends on some other numbers as well and if we need to make adjustments to anything. Also, strong lofts don't always mean lower flight. While the Apex 19s are stronger in loft, the CG location is stretched down and back and the club is designed to launch and fly higher than previous models. We also need to remember that high launch/low launch and high spin/low spin shafts don't always produce the result they advertise for. It's all about how that shaft responds to your swing and what it change in your delivery and contact.

Generic answer = 85 feet peak height and around 5300 RPMs with a 6 iron. We also need to make sure your landing angle is steep enough to hold greens (45* or so).

I have a plan. I am going to try a different ball ball and see how that goes first. Then if no luck , I will order a set x flex shafts and pop them in and see how things pan out with them. Worst case i can always put my original shafts back in and see the x flex ones if they do not work out. On a side note they irons have been performing really nicely, i definately would like to see a bit more higher launch and a few more backspin revs.

Back