bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
As some of you might know, this past weekend I dressed the part of Santa Clause for the kids in my brothers Army unit.

On Friday I e-mailed the lady that is in charge just to double check times, and everything. She let me know that there would be about 20 littles ones I'd get to entertain.

Saturday afternoon finally arrived and it was time to head to the base for lunch and then the arrival of Santa. The woman in charge wasn't too happy. There were about 60 people that said they would be there and only about 30 showed up. :angry: There were only 5 little ones also. So after lunch was served and eaten I disappeared. I changed into my outift and headed back to the main area. My heart was racing with anticipation about how the kids would react.

I walked in carrying a bag full of gifts. All the kids got excited. I found my seat and got ready for all the little ones. One of the little girls was so excited to see me. She came up to me and was just talking my ear off. She told me what her name was and then told me what she wanted. Then I heard her say something about underwear. So I had to ask her what she said and I thought she said she wanted underwear for Christmas. It kind of threw me off, how many kids really want underwear for Christmas? Her mom came up later and told me that she DIDN'T want underwear. All the kids came up and had their picture taken with Santa and got a gift. One little boy got his gift and started to open it, only to find out it was the gift that was supposed to be for his sister. Disappointed he came back up to tell me that it was a girls toy. Everything got straightened out after his sister got her gift.

After everyone got their gift and picture all the adults crowded around Santa and got thier picture too.

When all the pictures were done the same little girl that didn't want underwear came up to me and asked me what kind of cookies I wanted. Not thinking about it I said Peanut Butter, because those are my favorites. I never thought that mom had probably made some sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies. So now mom will have to make some peanut butter cookies too. Oops. Sorry mom.

After I changed back most of the little kids had left or were getting ready to leave. My wife told me there was one little girl that got really excited when she seen me, she whispered to her mom "That's the real Santa".

The kids made me all kinds of pictures. I'm glad I could make their day and they even made my day.

Amazing story....Thanks for sharing this. That is what is great about the holidays.

That was an incredible story bogey, it brought a tear to my eye! That is why I love the holidays....well that and the pretty lights and cool weather.

Cute story, Bogey. My first thought was that underwear girl was so excited she had an accident on you. Glad she didn't!

Cute story, Bogey. My first thought was that underwear girl was so excited she had an accident on you. Glad she didn't!

Thankfully I didn't have that happen. I also only had 2 kids cry. One of them was a little over a year old and the other had just got there and was woke up from their nap.

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

OK not worthless but got any pics of you in the santa garb?

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

OK not worthless but got any pics of you in the santa garb?

I'm waiting for them to be e-mailed to me. There is one picture that I hope is/was deleted or I might have one pissed off Army MP looking for me. :wink:

Here's a picture of everyone at the party with Santa.

ChristmasParty.jpg

Back