Myrtle Beach area golf on a budget: May 10-15th

rjb01camaross

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, just like the title says, I am looking for some course recommendation for the Myrtle Beach area. I am trying to stay with $75 and under rounds since this isn't a golf trip, but the wife gave me the "ok" to bring my clubs and play two or three times while we are there next month.

Its been a few years since I have been to MB, but based on my research so far I am looking at Litchfield, MBN North, Long Bay, Wild Wing, River Club, Blackmoore, Brunswick plantation, or Waterway hills. All of these seem to fit the price point but I am not sure about how good quality they are. If there are other I should look at please let me know. Also, if any THPers are going to be around MB the 10-15 of May, let me know if you want to meet up for a round.

I live in Little River and am a Primetime member, so if you need a partner for a round or 2 I can get you on Waterway hills for $34 your cost, Grand Dunes for $55, Long Bay for $55. Let me know if you are interested.

^^^good deals^^^

Look at some of the package deals. Often you can get greens fees on 2 or 3 different courses for $100-$150 depending on the package and time of year. All of the courses you listed are nice. I liked Aberdeen in the King's North package over Waterway Hills.

I lost Aberdeen and River hills because they were sold to some investors from China. Go to primetimescard.com for a complete list of courses and tee time pricing. As a local I can play Aberdeen (1st place I broke 100) for $32 but I don't get points towards my free rounds.

Definitely hit up waterway hills. Wild wing isn't what it used to be. Grande dunes is a great course (to second another comment)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Little River and am a Primetime member, so if you need a partner for a round or 2 I can get you on Waterway hills for $34 your cost, Grand Dunes for $55, Long Bay for $55. Let me know if you are interested.

Those sound like great deals. Hopefully soon I will have a clear picture on what days I will be playing.

Hey guys, just like the title says, I am looking for some course recommendation for the Myrtle Beach area. I am trying to stay with $75 and under rounds since this isn't a golf trip, but the wife gave me the "ok" to bring my clubs and play two or three times while we are there next month.

Its been a few years since I have been to MB, but based on my research so far I am looking at Litchfield, MBN North, Long Bay, Wild Wing, River Club, Blackmoore, Brunswick plantation, or Waterway hills. All of these seem to fit the price point but I am not sure about how good quality they are. If there are other I should look at please let me know. Also, if any THPers are going to be around MB the 10-15 of May, let me know if you want to meet up for a round.
I'll be there scouting True Blue and Caledonia at that time. I'm targeting the 12th and 13th, driving up from Savannah in the morning on the 12th to play one in the afternoon, stay the night, play the other in the morning and drive back. Those are probably out of your price range but let me know if you're interested, I'm calling this week to book the tee times.

I've played Kings North, Blackmoor, and Wild Wing...All 3 are nice courses. You won't go wrong on any of those 3. My parents have a place in NMB so I'll be down some during the summer if anybody is up for a few rounds I'll post up on here and maybe we can get together and knock it around some.

If any of you guys visiting need people to play with ... there are plenty of us around. Hit up the "Calling All Carolinian's" thread and you'll get plenty of responses.

I'll see if I'm free to play 11-15, but the 10th is Mother's Day and it's my wife's first. :)

Definitely hit up waterway hills. Wild wing isn't what it used to be. Grande dunes is a great course (to second another comment)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opinions....we all know what they say about 'em.....but I'm completely IN agreement on Grande Dunes....and 180* out on Waterway Hills/Wild Wing. I played WW on 4/5 and several times in the past. It's among my favorite courses down there and personally feel it gets UNDER-rated too often. Waterway .... big yawn here. The Gondola ride is the high point.....literally and figuratively for me. Only course I've ever quit after 9 there. (admittedly it was due to a cranky back and a quick trip the the chiropractor to try to save the rest of the week - but if it was remotely interesting....I certainly would have finished the round.)

You can get great rates in the lobby of the PGA Superstore....but can only book 2 days out. We booked all but one of our 6 rounds there and never topped $70 ....though most were afternoon times. Good luck and enjoy your trip & ......your wife's understanding.

Opinions....we all know what they say about 'em.....but I'm completely IN agreement on Grande Dunes....and 180* out on Waterway Hills/Wild Wing. I played WW on 4/5 and several times in the past. It's among my favorite courses down there and personally feel it gets UNDER-rated too often. Waterway .... big yawn here. The Gondola ride is the high point.....literally and figuratively for me. Only course I've ever quit after 9 there. (admittedly it was due to a cranky back and a quick trip the the chiropractor to try to save the rest of the week - but if it was remotely interesting....I certainly would have finished the round.)

You can get great rates in the lobby of the PGA Superstore....but can only book 2 days out. We booked all but one of our 6 rounds there and never topped $70 ....though most were afternoon times. Good luck and enjoy your trip & ......your wife's understanding.

I also got my tee times from the lobby area of the PGA Superstore (I think it used to be Martin's) and never had any issues at the golf course. Was always booking as a single, and I think I only got paired up twice (but that was generally during june/july when nobody wants to golf in the afternoon). I really enjoyed playing the front 9 on the Witch I believe (through the swamp area). Barefoot has nice golf too, I enjoyed the Fazio course.

I'll be there scouting True Blue and Caledonia at that time. I'm targeting the 12th and 13th, driving up from Savannah in the morning on the 12th to play one in the afternoon, stay the night, play the other in the morning and drive back. Those are probably out of your price range but let me know if you're interested, I'm calling this week to book the tee times.

Those courses look awesome, but a little much for me right now.

If any of you guys visiting need people to play with ... there are plenty of us around. Hit up the "Calling All Carolinian's" thread and you'll get plenty of responses.

I'll see if I'm free to play 11-15, but the 10th is Mother's Day and it's my wife's first. :)

Hopefully we can get a round in. I should be able to finalize some plans late next week.

thanks for the tip about the PGASS lobby!

Back