Myrtle Beach Area Golf Recommendations

I lived in the Sunset Beach area from 2004 until 2010. There are absolutely three areas to play in. NMyrtle Area, MB, and Pawleys. Going from Pawleys to NM is a haul(helped by 31 now).

If you are willing to drive my favorite courses in no particular order and money not being an object or issue.

True Blue
Caledonia
Tidewater
Glen Dornoch
River's Edge
Grande Dunes
Barefoot Dye and Love
Dunes

I like them all for different reasons, and depending upon the year some will be in better shape than others. I base this solely on design and visuals together. Tidewater, Caledonia, Glen and Edge have the best vistas, ICW or marshland) Best designs go to True Blue, Grande, Dunes, And Love. Best overall design to me is at True Blue, best overall vistas for me is Tidewater.

Than
I lived in the Sunset Beach area from 2004 until 2010. There are absolutely three areas to play in. NMyrtle Area, MB, and Pawleys. Going from Pawleys to NM is a haul(helped by 31 now).

If you are willing to drive my favorite courses in no particular order and money not being an object or issue.

True Blue
Caledonia
Tidewater
Glen Dornoch
River's Edge
Grande Dunes
Barefoot Dye and Love
Dunes

I like them all for different reasons, and depending upon the year some will be in better shape than others. I base this solely on design and visuals together. Tidewater, Caledonia, Glen and Edge have the best vistas, ICW or marshland) Best designs go to True Blue, Grande, Dunes, And Love. Best overall design to me is at True Blue, best overall vistas for me is Tidewater.
Thanks for the info.

We have scheduled:
True Blue
Glen Dornoch
Caledonia
Willbrook
And Dunes

Well to start this trip out, Delta just announced that the 1st Officer showed up sick and now they’re trying to find a sub.... so it could be a bit until we board... but I’ll just start planning how I’m going to play TB tomorrow while we wait.

Well to start this trip out, Delta just announced that the 1st Officer showed up sick and now they’re trying to find a sub.... so it could be a bit until we board... but I’ll just start planning how I’m going to play TB tomorrow while we wait.
Man that sucks. I’ll bet it will be a super trip. Enjoy

I'll revive this thread instead of starting a new one....

I'm going to head down to Myrtle at the end of August. I generally try to knock off a new one each time I'm down there. Any thoughts on Heathland at Legends? I'm just thinking about doing something different this time and that will fit the bill being a links style course. Is it a pretty fun round?

Doing an annual Myrtle Beach trip with some buds in June. This is our itinerary and I've never played any of these courses. Would love to hear from anyone who has!

Myrtlewood Palmetto
MBN - West
MBN - King's North
Legends Heathland
Legends Moorland
Arrowhead Country Club

Doing an annual Myrtle Beach trip with some buds in June. This is our itinerary and I've never played any of these courses. Would love to hear from anyone who has!

Myrtlewood Palmetto
MBN - West
MBN - King's North
Legends Heathland
Legends Moorland
Arrowhead Country Club

MBN West is a fun course. It's not too difficult and everyone should have a good time. I always like to open a golf trip with it. I love that there are no houses on the course, it's like playing on a reserve.

MBN King's North is probably my favorite course in Myrtle Beach. I can't wait to play it again in March.

Legends Heathland is a fun one and it won't disappoint.

From what I hear, the other ones you have chosen are all pretty nice too. I haven't played them, but I don't know of anyone that has had a bad thing to say about them in my circle. You guys enjoy! We're heading down with a trip planned to coincide with the opening rounds of March Madness. Golf in the morning, basketball in the afternoon. I can't wait lol.

The Better-Half wants to go on a golf trip over spring break. 🔥🔥

I recommended Myrtle Beach or even further south - Hammock Beach. She was fine with going either but I've never been in or golfed in SC. So I think we'll head to Myrtle Beach.

What courses would you recommend? We're thinking we'd golf 18 each day and fly home late. Maybe head down to Pawley Island and stay or stay up in Myrtle and travel a bit.

What are your recommendations?
#1 Caledonia - Simply the most beautiful course I've ever played.
#2 True Blue Sister course to #1
#3 World tour is fun. I will probably never get to Scotland or to Augusta.

⚡
STEAL OF THE DAY
⚡
$190 $145 MINT Cobra LTDx MAX Black Fairway Wood
Available Right handed with multiple spec combinations
Why we like it: 10% price drop + an additional 10% off
How to get it: Use code Flash at checkout. Shipping is free
Click here for deal
⛳
THE BACK NINE
⛳
$230 $130 New Cobra KING RADSPEED Hybrid