Myrtle Beach in March

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
Haven’t been down to play in Myrtle yet, wondering how early-mid March are weather and condition wise. Is it worth the trip then or am I better off waiting a little later in the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t live in that area but have been many times. March can go either way. Temps should be decent to cool but could be wet.

I don’t live in that area but have been many times. March can go either way. Temps should be decent to cool but could be wet.

Agreed, that is what I am afraid of. I don’t mind weather as much, but if the courses are really soggy it can damper the trip.

It’s hit or miss. You can get a couple days in the high 70s or it could snow one day. Usually fairly wet.

It rains a lot in the Southeast in March. Probably 1/2 the days and when it rains it's like an all day soaking rain.

I'm about an hour south of Myrtle and can attest to March being wet. Hell all Yankee folk that moved down here say they moved up the old saying/, April showers bring
May flowers. March showers bring... The busiest two months of the year for travel golfers down here is April and October. Plan accordingly, lots of best course's get booked up.
Hope you make it down and have a great go around:cool:

Haven’t been down to play in Myrtle yet, wondering how early-mid March are weather and condition wise. Is it worth the trip then or am I better off waiting a little later in the season?

I play in North Myrtle every year at the end of March, and it's pretty much day to day. Chilly in the morning, most of the time short sleeve weather at some point during the day. Most annoying thing for me is when the wind is way down and the little gnats come out, gnawing their way through my soul.

I play in North Myrtle every year at the end of March, and it's pretty much day to day. Chilly in the morning, most of the time short sleeve weather at some point during the day. Most annoying thing for me is when the wind is way down and the little gnats come out, gnawing their way through my soul.
The gnats are the worst, keep your pants on o_O

The inland courses in what is called the "low country" can be really boggy in the spring if there is rain for an extended time. BUT- the coastal courses will drain better with the sandy soils. Places like Pine Lakes, Palmetto, Barefoot Resort, and similar will be much dryer (for the most part), I know I played Blackmoor after a wet spring and it was pretty soggy. I think the Legends courses stay pretty dry as well since they were built up on top of the existing land to create the bumps and hillocks to recreate the Links style.

I'd head to Orlando if weather is a concern.

Only have played there a few times during that time of the year. It can be hit or miss as most have mentioned.

I am leaving Saturday for Myrtle Beach returning Wednesday. Playing 6 rounds in 4 days. Staying at the Legends Resort and playing their courses. I will post how it is. Weather is going to be mid 60's during the day, cooler mid to high 40's at night and in the morning. Hoping it is not too wet also.

Last edited:
I am leaving Saturday for Myrtle Beach leaving Wednesday. Playing 6 rounds in 4 days. Staying at the Legends Resort and playing their courses. I will post how it is. Weather is going to be mid 60's during the day, cooler mid to high 40's at night and in the morning. Hoping it is not too wet also.

Good luck, hope the weather and conditions are great. Would love to hear how the trip went when you’re back. Have an awesome time.

Waiting to board the plane back home after four days in MB. Friday was windy as a bastard, but every other day was good, sunny and in the high 50s-low 60s. Today was absolutely perfect with temps reaching almost 70 (the only day I wore shorts). Two of the four courses were cart path only because of some torrential rain they received earlier last week, but they drained well and conditions were pretty good.

Played Wild Wing, Shaftesbury Glen, True Blue and Thistle.

Anyone play in MB recently? Curious what is in good shape right now....

Thank you!

Back