Myrtle beach packagers

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
We have lived in SC for almost 5 years and still haven't made it to myrtle.

I think the wife and I are going to go do a few days in January and I dont even know where to start. There are too many packagers out there.

We are doing caledonia and true blue for sure...and a third round somewhere. Maybe heathland? I know its a drive from the other two.

Any suggestions on packagers to get quotes from?

How is that possible?

Just got this email today. Looks like its for just spring tee times but maybe it gives you some ideas where to go.

Never done the stay and play packages but have played several courses in Myrtle. Happy to recommend some if you are interested, however if you are playing Caledonia and True Blue, you are getting in two of the best down there already.

Never done the stay and play packages but have played several courses in Myrtle. Happy to recommend some if you are interested, however if you are playing Caledonia and True Blue, you are getting in two of the best down there already.

Yeah man. What are some of your favorites?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know...

I've only been back to golf for 2 years and she has only been playing for a year.

Its about the same distance as the pinehurst area...we went up to tobacco road a couple of months ago. That was fun!

You took your wife to Tobacco Road when she had only been playing for a year??? I’m surprised you are still married

Yeah man. What are some of your favorites?
On the south end, Prestwick and Blackmoor are fantastic. The Witch in Conway is a lot of fun. Pine Lakes, near the Grand Strand is one of my favorites. Whispering Pines is (I believe) the only course in Myrtle owned by the city and has no houses on it. I thought it was really good for a low cost round as long as you can deal with the helicopter rides taking off every few minutes. :p

We just got a quote for 4 nights 4 rounds at Caledonia and True Blue in May for 8 for about $625 each.

I'm watching this as well. Might be planning a trip there for March.

Has anyone stayed/played at the Barefoot resort?

I played the dye course at barefoot about 4 years ago. The grass was dead from a really prolonged cold season so it wasn’t in the best condition. However it was a fun course, and I shot an 80 which is one of my best rounds ever.

we are planning on going next year and I’m hoping to play true blue or Caledonia at the very least.

We didn’t stay however, we stay across the street at Ocean Creek.

I'm watching this as well. Might be planning a trip there for March.

Has anyone stayed/played at the Barefoot resort?
I stayed there once and it was just fine, I'd do it again. Then, the courses were in great shape but it was years ago.

The condo was a little tight for the 4 of us, that surprised me, but not terribly so.

I'm biased because I owned a condo at Legends for over a dozen years, but I much preferred the more spacious layout of the Gleneagles condos there. Turnberry Park's are smaller, similar to the size at Barefoot.

We had good luck out of litchfield beach resort many years ago. Most recently we hand normal summer vacation up in North Myrtle and played some nice tracks. I think Traditions was the one I liked most. no, scratch that. it was called Tidewater as my memory serves

If Cali and TB are definite....TPC Myrtle is in that area and top shelf. I have stayed/played Barefoot and all are good courses. I believe I have seen Barefoot advertising recently. My guess a little search will find that.

If you're going to play those 2 courses, and, want to keep the awesome train going... Tidewater and Pawleys Plantation.

I was just down there a few weeks ago, and played all of the above. They're all in great shape right now.

Tidewater

20201107_085952.jpg

Boss Par 3 at Pawleys.

Pawleys.jpg

If you're going to play those 2 courses, and, want to keep the awesome train going... Tidewater and Pawleys Plantation.

I was just down there a few weeks ago, and played all of the above. They're all in great shape right now.

Tidewater

View attachment 8977409

Boss Par 3 at Pawleys.

View attachment 8977410
Didn’t Big Break Myrtle Beach go to Pawleys for some filming/competitions? I hate that Big Break is gone, that was good television.

Didn’t Big Break Myrtle Beach go to Pawleys for some filming/competitions? I hate that Big Break is gone, that was good television.
They did. Most of the show was at the barefoot courses but they went to pawleys plantation for one or two of the episodes.

I agree...was an awesome show

They did. Most of the show was at the barefoot courses but they went to pawleys plantation for one or two of the episodes.

I agree...was an awesome show
I played golf with "barefoot Dave" back when he was in college....Blackledge CC in CT...

Almost every Hotel has a "Golf Desk" with access to tee times, not necessarily as part of a "package", so almost anywhere is possible to get on to. You can pick where to stay that is convenient between the different courses.
I will say that although the early tee times tend to go quicker due to the length of day thing and people trying to squeeze in 36, those early times can be a bit soggy or possibly frost delayed. Especially in January. Sleep in, have a nice breakfast and get out a bit later after it warms up and dries out a bit. I prefer to play as the sun is going down as opposed to when the sun is rising.

Almost every Hotel has a "Golf Desk" with access to tee times, not necessarily as part of a "package", so almost anywhere is possible to get on to. You can pick where to stay that is convenient between the different courses.
This is accurate from my experiences as well. However, when I talked to the golf desk at Compass Cove where we usually stay, they are getting tee times and prices from the same database you can access yourself on the many “play Myrtle Beach golf” websites. There wasn’t any discount at the hotel golf desk. Since I haven’t stayed anywhere other than CC recently I can’t say that is the case at every hotel so ask around before you assume.

Thats pretty badass. Seems like a solid dude
Hartford U had a crazy good team for a very small school....Blackledge was where they had their annual invitational and the guys played there in the summer and just cleaned up with all the pro shop credit and won everything....Jerry Kelly was also on team and played in the mens club at Blackledge. Never played with him. But Dave Gunas was a crazy nice guy....I loved watching that show especially when he was on it. Tim Petrovic also played on Hartford U a few years later.

Back