Myrtle Beach trip

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
One of my buddies won the lotto for 4 tickets to the Tuesday practice round at the Masters. We decided that we will hit up Myrtle Beach for a few days leading up to the event then drive to Augusta from there. Maybe even stop off in Virginia or DC for a round on the way home on Wed. This is what we got from a place that my friends have booked with before. We are thinking about option 3 but are unsure of the Big Cat courses, 2 of the 4 of us going have played the Barefoot Resort courses and Caledonia and True Blue and loved them but might want to try something new. Anyone have any input?

Here are some 4 night / 6 round packages to consider for your Myrtle golf trip before the 2014 Masters.

DATES: April 4-8;

ACCOMMODATION: Courtyard by Marriott at Broadway at the Beach (central Myrtle Beach) – two rooms with two beds in each – includes breakfast daily onsite.

GOLF COURSES:

· Play all 4 Barefoot Resort courses (Dye/Fazio/Love/Norman) along with Caledonia and True Blue for $1,033 per golfer
· Play all 4 Barefoot Resort courses (Dye/Fazio/Love/Norman) along with TPC and the Witch (includes lunch/2 drinks) for $908 per golfer
· Play all 4 Big Cat courses (Leopards Chase/Lions Paw/Panthers Run/Tigers Eye) with lunch both days along with Caledonia and True Blue for $770 per golfer
· Play all 4 Big Cat courses (Leopards Chase/Lions Paw/Panthers Run/Tigers Eye) with lunch both days along with TPC and the Witch (includes lunch/2 drinks) for $645 per golfer

We also have other accommodation and course options available throughout the area.

These prices include 4 nights lodging, breakfast for 4 mornings, green fees AND cart fees for 6 rounds, AND all taxes.

Can't go wrong with option 1, barefoot and TB/Caledonia. With that said, I've never played, but heard a lot of praise for the Cat courses. I've played both TPC, awesome Fazio layout that I loved, and The Witch, great conditions and nice layout, but kinda "meh" to me.

If it were me, I'd probably vote Cats with TB/Caledonia and spend the $260 savings on Masters memorabilia.

True Blue's staff is amazing and it is always fun to drive carts in bunkers. Plus Caledonia is a must play course. I say these two should be in the mix for sure.

I've played Lion's Paw, Panthers Run, and Tiger's Eye. I can't comment on current conditions because it was a few years ago but they were good then. It was early June when we played them. Most courses there are in very good shape in April as you will see by the prices. None of those tracks really stuck out to me as awesome. We went year after year to play and would play some courses again but those we didn't. In their defense, we stopped going as a group a couple years after we played them. The one I liked the best was Lion's Paw.

if you can find any other options that give you choices with the below they would be good:

Tidewater
The Dunes
Pine Lakes

This might help too: http://www.scgolfpanel.org/Rankings/50Best2012-PressRelease.htm

Otherwise I agree with JLit. All the courses will be in great shape at that time of year. Pick an option with some savings and spend that cash at Augusta.

Living the dream Francis. If you stop in VA, Williamsburg and the Golden Horseshoe is an awesome track.

I agree. Francis' next post will be asking for recommendations for a restaurant to take Phil after they play 36 at Augusta next season. Great stuff buddy.

I'd probably go with option 1. I didn't care for the Witch all that much. Although I haven't played the Cat courses, True Blue and Caledonia are rated the best in the area. I've played the Love and Fazio courses and they have been 2 of my favorites.

Tapped from my Transformer

I agree. Francis' next post will be asking for recommendations for a restaurant to take Phil after they play 36 at Augusta next season. Great stuff buddy.

Lol my Fedex rep gave me 2 tickets to the Thursday round at the Barclays for the Fedex Hospitality suite. Not sure what that is but it can't be bad...

Awesome ! Have fun FrancisD !

Lol my Fedex rep gave me 2 tickets to the Thursday round at the Barclays for the Fedex Hospitality suite. Not sure what that is but it can't be bad...
I think it means free drinks and a good view of the course. In other words, awesomeness.

Back