scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
Big family vacation next week to north Myrtle...had planned on many rounds, but one of the golfers is flying in later and the other might not be able to play at all due to an injury...so...if anyone on here is in that area and would possibly be up for a round say anytime next week (20th-24th) please shoot me a pm! I'm just an average hacker and no stickler on courses. Just wanna play:D

Say hi to the lovely ladies at the Crazy Horse for me scoot! :D

Enjoy your vacation. Our yearly trip was canceled this year and I am still bummed, love North Myrtle!

Oh man, I forgot that's there yikes!
I've never been there, so I was REALLY looking forward to a great week of golf, now with my bro-in-law I'll be good to get two rounds, but have the go ahead if I can find a forum pal to hit it with...golf, not the Crazy Horse!

My in-laws have a house in N. Myrtle. Too bad you weren't down during Memorial Day weekend we could have teed it up. Played at a course called Farmstead. The 18th is a 600+ yard par 6 from the whites. Also, it was black biker week which is ALWAYS interesting.

did either of you read the feature story in Golf Digest last month? great article.

Yeah, I did read it rogue, pretty decent info in it.

i always go to south myrtle every year for 5 days of golf. we use to do north myrtle, and i'm somewhat familiar with the crazy horse. that's what i love about the area though, more golf courses than you can shake a stick at. i'm a big fan of caledonia, true blue and traditions but they're way south. i do hope you at least go to martin's while you're there.

i always go to south myrtle every year for 5 days of golf. we use to do north myrtle, and i'm somewhat familiar with the crazy horse. that's what i love about the area though, more golf courses than you can shake a stick at. i'm a big fan of caledonia, true blue and traditions but they're way south. i do hope you at least go to martin's while you're there.

One of my dad's friends lives in Calabash, which is just outside North Myrtle. I've gone down there twice in the last few years. Martins golf is one of(if not the) best golf stores I have ever been to.

One of my dad's friends lives in Calabash, which is just outside North Myrtle. I've gone down there twice in the last few years. Martins golf is one of(if not the) best golf stores I have ever been to.

love calabash, we've had our outing there before as well. i don't know what's better, the golf or the food, haha.

Everytime I go to Martin's I spend about 3 or 4 hours in that place. It's the greatest golf store on the east coast and they seriously should put a time limit on how long you can stay in there :). I think the bunker is my favorite spot as it's the only place I've ever found you can hit every wedge known to man out of the sand and see it's results. I'm going down over the 4th and we will be taking a 5 day golf trip in October that is always fun with about 20 guys and we play all the 4 and 5 star courses. I'm already getting excited just thinking about it.

Everytime I go to Martin's I spend about 3 or 4 hours in that place. It's the greatest golf store on the east coast and they seriously should put a time limit on how long you can stay in there :). I think the bunker is my favorite spot as it's the only place I've ever found you can hit every wedge known to man out of the sand and see it's results. I'm going down over the 4th and we will be taking a 5 day golf trip in October that is always fun with about 20 guys and we play all the 4 and 5 star courses. I'm already getting excited just thinking about it.

they also probably have one of the best pre-owned sections i've ever seen. and look at how much lefty gear they have!!!! it's a great place!

have a blast on your trip SKJ!

I lived over in Cherry Grove for a while. I played a lot of the courses around there. The Windy Hill course was a lighted Par 3 that I played almost everynight. I believe it may be closed now. I was there by myself most of the time. I found that a lot of guys would leave there family at the beach to go play. Call your course of choice and they will pair you up with someone. They always found someone for me to play a round with.

Stay an extra week and I'll play with you scooter. We don't arrive until the 26th.

And is Martin's a good place to get fitted for a driver? I've always just bought drivers off the rack but this time I want to experiment with shafts, loft, etc. I've been to Martin's a lot but only to buy balls, shoes, etc.
I looked on Taylormade's site and there are a couple of courses in the area that do fittings, too. Just wondering which would be best.

Harbor View is a lighted par 3, driving range and putt putt. We played there most nights as it was a fun little course. It is only minutes away from North Myrtle as well.

Martins is a PGA Superstore so most likely they can do a fitting.
And because of our affiliation with the PGA TOUR, every golfer has access to the same technology, expertise and TOUR Van experience that the card-carrying professionals do. To put it another way, the only thing PGA TOUR Superstores can’t do for you is provide more daylight hours to get in another nine.

Back