ANNOUNCEMENT Mystery Grab Bags Return for Albatross Club Members

I'm happy that I was lucky enough to get through to the shop and actually click on the purchase icon this time. :)

I will never understand people's need to send nasty messages when they, heaven forbid, don't get a mystery bag. :rolleyes:

IIRC, this was exactly the reason that JB/GG stopped doing this for awhile. People need to lose the entitled mentality and enjoy THP for the knowledge and camaraderie. Goodie bags, testing opportunities, and events are bonuses and should be seen as such.

Edited re: language

I actually had a few people come in the shop so i got busy, not a big deal! my chance was your 2nd chance but dang to get a bunch of sh!tty pm's like that is just like wow for real! get over it peeps..

I'm really shocked that I was able to snag one of these. It was at least 5 minutes past the hour before I could even get the store page to load. I was surprised that there were any left and then it took forever to complete the transaction. I was sure that I would miss out before the transaction went through.

Happy to get one, it was definitely pure dumb luck. Thanks @JB and @GolferGal !

On a side note, there's a pretty awesome thing going on in the PM thread that GG sent out to the winners. Pretty much everyone has asked that the shipping charges that were inadvertently added to the transaction be donated to St. Judes instead of being returned to us.

Definatley no need for any nasty pm's or messages. JB and Golfergal didn't need to do this and to get that sort of response from some people is down right bang out of order

On a side note, there's a pretty awesome thing going on in the PM thread that GG sent out to the winners. Pretty much everyone has asked that the shipping charges that were inadvertently added to the transaction be donated to St. Judes instead of being returned to us.
This is one piece of what makes THP so great. Nice work to all those donating!

Ok, that’s pretty awesome. Well done all!

Congrats to everyone who were able to snag a grab bag! Sadly, I got called away during the server meltdown, so I’ll try again next time. Oh, and for those certain few that sent nasty notes to JB & GG: go play in heavy traffic. Morons.

St. Jude FTW nice thinking!

I'm really shocked that I was able to snag one of these. It was at least 5 minutes past the hour before I could even get the store page to load. I was surprised that there were any left and then it took forever to complete the transaction. I was sure that I would miss out before the transaction went through.

Happy to get one, it was definitely pure dumb luck. Thanks @JB and @GolferGal !

Doesn’t surprise me since I still can’t find the store!

Doesn’t surprise me since I still can’t find the store!
hit the "articles" tab at the top and itll take you back to the actual home screen, then youll see a "shop" tab across that tool bar

hit the "articles" tab at the top and itll take you back to the actual home screen, then youll see a "shop" tab across that tool bar
Oddly enough I was in that page. On my phone the Shop tab is off the screen. Figures. I was playing a round and in the middle of the fairway so I felt rushed. By the way, my ball was not in the middle, just me. o_O

Site wasn’t loading for me either but I’m no where near upset enough to send a nasty PM. That is just stupid and petty. The only thing that I can think of @JB and @GolferGal suck at is making an elitist forum that isn’t all inclusive and looks down on us common folk. So good job you two, for making this site/forum the place it is. The staff and admin you have in place are top notch. I look forward to the unboxing videos, especially @BigDill For some reason I think his will be pretty fun.

So all 50 bags were just brought down to @GolferGal office.

She has no idea what is in any of them and each certificate was stuffed in their blind. Once they are purchased, a shipping label goes on and out they go. There is no way for us to know who gets what and no way for anybody to know what is inside until its opened.

Good luck everybody.
Efficiency at it's finest.

My patient was a golfer and we were talking. He had me try, but, alas, to no avail. I'm slow.

I got to the page and clicked it, thinking I was golden. I haven't been teased like that since an 8th grade dance......

What a rush that was lol
It was one of those moments where time seemed to stand still while you waited for the page to load......

I was hoping to see if JB could tell us how many tried to get in at that time.
Picture a 20 lane highway at 5:00 pm that needs to get funneled down to 1 single lane..... Pretty sure it looks ten times worse than that :eek:

I'm not real good at math, but at $4.00 per, with 50 bags that's about $200 going to charity I think. Do we wanna post up a challenge to have THPers that didn't win match the shipping fee donation to really take it up a notch and help an awesome charity?

I'm not real good at math, but at $4.00 per, with 50 bags that's about $200 going to charity I think. Do we wanna post up a challenge to have THPers that didn't win match the shipping fee donation to really take it up a notch and help an awesome charity?
I'm onboard with this.

I really don't get those sending nasty messages. @JB and @GolferGal and the rest of the THP team did the best they could to get enough capacity. It's always frustrating when you feel things don't go your way but c'mon.... talk about first world problems.

The whole THP team puts in tremendous effort and an unbelievable amount of work to make a special place for us. Be appreciative of what they've created that we get to be part of, not angry that you didn't get whatever you want. Celebrate those that were fortunate to get a Mystery Box and tune in for the unveiling of all the awesomeness!

In any rate, thank you @JB, @GolferGal and all the THP staff for making a fantastic place that I get to come and geek out about golf and meet people that share a passion for the sport. I've spent more time THPing than any other site for a reason.... and am very appreciative of all the hard work and effort. It definitely shows!

So all 50 bags were just brought down to @GolferGal office.

She has no idea what is in any of them and each certificate was stuffed in their blind. Once they are purchased, a shipping label goes on and out they go. There is no way for us to know who gets what and no way for anybody to know what is inside until its opened.

Good luck everybody.

If you like your bag, you’re welcome...
If you don’t like what you got, remember I didn’t know who was getting what bag, so take it easy.

I got a Swing Aid last time, I didn’t blame @MWard .

Any word on why the site went down? I hit refresh right at 2pm and it wouldn’t load till after 2:10 or so.
Zip it, you’re going to the Morgan Cup... 😎

Back