Mystery speed-plug??

McKillian

Reaction score
Lanna-Drevviken, Stockholms Lan, Sweden, Sweden
Handicap
Hey,

Saw this weird speed-aid yesterday at a golfshop. Don´t know the name of it on account of trying to keep track of my two youngest kids inside the shop.

I can describe it and how its supposed to work, maybe anyone has seen and tried it?

Ok, its a weight plug of maybe 50 grams formed as the butt of your shaft with a spike in it. You put the weight at the end of the shaft and it fits nice and secure with the grip. Its supposed to make your clubs butt end heavier and increase lag and power. I didn´t have the chance to try it on account of the kids, but it got me intrigued.

Anyone seen or heard of it?

Sounds like a standard shaft butt weight but the spike is throwing me off.

The spike is just for making sure it stays on the shaft. You press it thru the grip-hole. Maybe it is a standard shaft weight but I´ve never seen one before. Have you tried one? What does it do/effects?

The spike is just for making sure it stays on the shaft. You press it thru the grip-hole. Maybe it is a standard shaft weight but I´ve never seen one before. Have you tried one? What does it do/effects?

Sorry, I have not tried one. If you google "golf club shaft butt weight" you will find some links including one to a review on golfsmith.com that may help.

Ok found it, but it looks nothing like the one I saw. I´ll see if I can get my hands on one, they were only like 20-25 dollars so its not the end of the world.....

Back