Naples/Fort Myers/Bonita Springs - Discount Golf?

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I realize it's probably a long shot, but is anyone aware of any discount packages or ways to get access to some of the private courses in the Naples/Fort Myers/Bonita Springs areas? Heading to the area Oct 1-15.

Years ago we would purchase the Shark Pass, which became the Franklin-Templeton book which gave us discounted access to the WCI courses, but they have long discontinued it. The last few years we have used the Southwest Florida PGA Pass, but it's looking a bit thin this year.

In particular there is one course that I would probably sell an organ on the black market to access: Talis Park. I would also love to get onto Bear's Paw but it's not on the list this year. I know THP has some connected people, so if you're an insider let me know!

Not an insider, but I travel to Naples for work often. Two best public courses where you can easily get tee times are Old Corkscrew and Tiburon. Also, Links of Naples has night golf under the lights which is a blast!

Not an insider, but I travel to Naples for work often. Two best public courses where you can easily get tee times are Old Corkscrew and Tiburon. Also, Links of Naples has night golf under the lights which is a blast!
Played both; Tiburon has been one of my favourite courses, but I'm the only one in the group who would pay the public rate. That's the downside of travelling with a bunch of retirees I guess 🤷‍♂️
I will definitely look into the Links though, night golf sounds awesome!

South FL golf pass. Not as many courses as in previous years but still some good ones. Played Olde Cypress and Forest Glen last weekend. Great tracks and great condition.

South FL golf pass. Not as many courses as in previous years but still some good ones. Played Olde Cypress and Forest Glen last weekend. Great tracks and great condition.
This is what we'll be doing again this year for sure. You're spot on that some of the courses are missing, but it's still a good deal.

Played both; Tiburon has been one of my favourite courses, but I'm the only one in the group who would pay the public rate. That's the downside of travelling with a bunch of retirees I guess 🤷‍♂️
I will definitely look into the Links though, night golf sounds awesome!

When I caddied down in Naples years back we would go to the Links for night golf once a week and have a blast!

Also on the pass, Colony and Copper Leaf are good to play.

Also on the pass, Colony and Copper Leaf are good to play.
The Colony is one of the best conditioned courses I have ever played. I don't think we've ever done Copper Leaf, will have to look into it for sure.

Edit: I take that back, apparently I played it last October 🤷‍♂️

One of my favorites in Estero is Raptor Bay. Unfortunately, its closed for now as they redo it, and rename it. Also, they are adding a 9 hole course by the end of this year, or early '23.

One of my favorites in Estero is Raptor Bay. Unfortunately, its closed for now as they redo it, and rename it. Also, they are adding a 9 hole course by the end of this year, or early '23.
Aw man that stinks. We usually played our first round there, it was a great opener course. Any idea what the new name will be?

We’ve had a condo in Naples since 2013 and the prices for golf have gone way up since Covid began. You’ll be there before peak season but October rates at better courses like Old Corkscrew and Tiburon are $145 and $220. TPC Treviso Bay is open to the public until October 31st and is one of the better courses in SW Florida.

We’ve had a condo in Naples since 2013 and the prices for golf have gone way up since Covid began. You’ll be there before peak season but October rates at better courses like Old Corkscrew and Tiburon are $145 and $220. TPC Treviso Bay is open to the public until October 31st and is one of the better courses in SW Florida.
Gone are our days of playing Tiburon for $45.

Treviso Bay was a very pretty course when we played it a couple of years back, I could see myself playing it again this year.

I renewed my SWFLPGA pass membership yesterday, my only regret is that Bear's Paw is not on the list this year. It was under renovation last year so I didn't get to play I then either. There's always next year....

My son-in-law and I played Raptor Bay last year around October. It was "only" $85 and included a golf hat and $5 coupon at the turn. Heard tell when it reopens it will be in the low to mid $200s. Have to start looking around for Jauary.

Last edited:
My son-in-law and I played Raptor Bay last year around October. It was "only" $98 and included a golf hat and $5 coupon at the turn. Heard tell when it reopens it will be in the low to mid $200s. Have to start looking around for Jauary.
I know it's the area, but IMO even $98 for Raptor is too much. $200+? Better be a very, very nice facility for that. On the other hand, you get me through the front gates at Talis Park and I'd have no issue handing over two Benjamins to play. I love Tiburon but even I don't think I could bring myself to pay the $150 fee they want, especially since the most we ever paid to play it was $45 🤯

Ultimately looking for discounts has made me appreciate just how lucky we were years ago when the Shark Pass existed. We played a TON of very nice courses for mere peanuts.

Back