Nashville and Surrounding Area Thread

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
There have been some threads pop up lately on what to do & where to play when visiting the Nashville, TN area.
This thread will serve to house discussion and general chatter on the Nashville Area.

Nashville has a lot of cool things to do. Somethings that come to mind:

If you like country music, or music in general, if the Opry is playing, it’s a must attend. Might as well mark, “Grand Ole Opry” off the bucket list. If it’s not playing, the Tour is decent, and they will let you sing on the stage. The Opry plays every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

“The Mother Church of Country Music” - The Ryman Auditorium is the original home of The Opry. If someone is playing the Ryman, go. The Backstage tour is also really cool.

Go have a beer at Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge & The Stage on Broadway. Everyone has played there and the live music is great.

Centennial Park has a full size exact replica of The Parthenon, it’s actually cooler than it sounds.

Go get Hot Chicken at Hattie B’s or The Scoreboard (if you are staying at the Opry Land Resort) .

If you like history, go tour the Hermitage, it was Andrew Jackson’s House.

The Country Music Hall of Fame & The Johnny Cash Museum are cool too.

If you are into wine Arrington Vineyards is where to go (about 40 mins south of Nashville).

Steakhouses - Kayne Prime. Pricey but worth it. Need to make reservations in advance.

Breakfast- Puckett’s & Pancake Pantry are among my favorites.
Biscuit Love has also been recommended.

Course Recommendations:

Gaylord Springs- My home course
The Hermitage- The President's & The General’s Course
Greystone- Dickson, TN
The Crossing Golf Course- Franklin, TN
The Legacy- Springfield, TN
Pine Creek- Mt. Juliet, TN (just ok)
Twelve Stones- Goodlettsville, TN
Country Hills Golf Club- Hendersonville, TN (good elevation changes)
Long Hollow Golf Club- Gallatin, TN (short but fun track)

Middle TN THPers, feel free to add, and I'll update the main post.

8f6075e209a46f4a010ab1195c2b4390.jpg

8ff46baba4969f2bcfede5d89222b97b.jpg
4f584f186114166bc794f90700d66a60.jpg

Last edited:
Good thread jdax.
I will be in Nashville on the 31st for a biz trip.

Hopefully some local THPers can meet up for dinner or drinks that evening. Early flight out the next day.

Steakhouses - Kayne Prime. Pricey but worth it. Need to make reservations in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If people are about an hour and a half east, Crossville/Fairfield Glade is full of fun courses to play.

Beartrace ar Cumberland Mountain (Jack Nicklaus course) **Best course in the County
Lake Tansi Golf Course

Druid Hills Country Club
Heatherhurst Golf Course
Stonehenge Golf Course **worked here for 4 years. Amazing course but expensive. Bent fairways and greens. Amazing scenery and right along side Bear Trace.

There is one other course that is kinda run down but it's a fun course to play and it has a par 3 60 yd island green completely surrounded by water and bunkers. Fun course. River Run Golf Club.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Staff
If people are about an hour and a half east, Crossville/Fairfield Glade is full of fun courses to play.

Beartrace ar Cumberland Mountain (Jack Nicklaus course) **Best course in the County
Lake Tansi Golf Course

Druid Hills Country Club
Heatherhurst Golf Course
Stonehenge Golf Course **worked here for 4 years. Amazing course but expensive. Bent fairways and greens. Amazing scenery and right along side Bear Trace.

There is one other course that is kinda run down but it's a fun course to play and it has a par 3 60 yd island green completely surrounded by water and bunkers. Fun course. River Run Golf Club.

The drive is long but I concur on The Beartrace at Cumberland Mountain being a great track...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drive is long but I concur on The Beartrace at Cumberland Mountain being a great track...

Yeah, I grew up right down the road from that course and remember when it was built and then played it back in 2016 for memorial day and couldn't believe how beautiful it was with everything grown in and the course in tip top shape.

Where was this when I was in town last year? :alien:

Add Biscuit Love to your list for breakfast. So freaking delicious

Haircut for @JB Forty Ten Barber Studio set an appointment with Salazar the Barber

Haircut for @JB Forty Ten Barber Studio set an appointment with Salazar the Barber

I do like a good barber, but I am only there for about 12 hours, so I figure spending that on some food and beverages with THPers is better : )

Lake Tansi Golf Course

Druid Hills Country Club
Heatherhurst Golf Course

Good to know, heading to Fairfield Glades in June

Great stuff Dax. My wife and I are heading to Nashville toward the end of July for our 10 year anniversary and I'll definitely be hitting up a bunch of these suggestions. We actually just booked our tickets for the Opry last weekend.

Great stuff Dax. My wife and I are heading to Nashville toward the end of July for our 10 year anniversary and I'll definitely be hitting up a bunch of these suggestions. We actually just booked our tickets for the Opry last weekend.
You will love the Opry!

Good thread jdax.
I will be in Nashville on the 31st for a biz trip.

Hopefully some local THPers can meet up for dinner or drinks that evening. Early flight out the next day.

Would love to see you JB, but I'm headed to St. Louis that morning. Hope you have a great time though!

Check and see who's playing at The Ryman while you're in town. Even if it isn't an artist/band that you're over the moon about, go catch a show there. It's one of the best venues in the country and totally unique compared to other music venues.

Check and see who's playing at The Ryman while you're in town. Even if it isn't an artist/band that you're over the moon about, go catch a show there. It's one of the best venues in the country and totally unique compared to other music venues.

Will update to add “The Mother Church of Country Music” - The Ryman Auditorium...

Anybody joining us jdax? Or just us?

Just me so far it appears...

Just us so far...

I want in! Apparently since Mike left, Dax doesn't think of me anymore...

Wish I could but won't be back in the area yet. Got 28 days!

I want in! Apparently since Mike left, Dax doesn't think of me anymore...
That's funny! I'll be back in TN soon and we will all have to get together and play! I'll be in Rockwood, but we could always meet somewhere central and I'll tell Mike to drive his a$$ in for it!

As for the thread, you need to add Greystone in Dickson to the list.

Yes, it's an hour outside downtown, but it's too fun not to list.

The Ryman backstage tour is great, even if you don’t catch a show. Lots of history in that building.

As for the thread, you need to add Greystone in Dickson to the list.

Yes, it's an hour outside downtown, but it's too fun not to list.

It’s on there...

Back