Nashville Explosion

911 lines are down all over here, so is AT&T cell and internet service.

I’m a couple hours southeast in Chattanooga right now, and my in-laws on AT&T have been without signal for the last few hours.

I’m a couple hours southeast in Chattanooga right now, and my in-laws on AT&T have been without signal for the last few hours.
Us too. We don’t have at&t cell but do for home internet and have nothing.

This is so unfortunate and appears to be a deliberate act. Just very sad to occur on Christmas morning.
I had to shake my head when I read the news article saying it "appears" to be a deliberate act. They found an RV with a recorded announcement saying it was going to detonate, and it blew up shortly thereafter. How can that be anything OTHER than a deliberate act??? Glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

{Edit:] Found out from my wife that my nephew's apartment is about three minutes away from the blast site. He wasn't home, but friends told him there were broken windows in their apartment building from the blast.

Man, that video is nuts. Very very sad.

Apparently the outages are pretty widespread. The scariest part is the 911 lines down, they are down in all the surrounding counties including into KY.

It will be interesting to see who is behind this. It's almost like a superhero movie attack.

I had to shake my head when I read the news article saying it "appears" to be a deliberate act. They found an RV with a recorded announcement saying it was going to detonate, and it blew up shortly thereafter. How can that be anything OTHER than a deliberate act??? Glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

{Edit:] Found out from my wife that my nephew's apartment is about three minutes away from the blast site. He wasn't home, but friends told him there were broken windows in their apartment building from the blast.
Man that is crazy...glad to know he was safe!

Some peeps are such bs ... there's too much anger out there. I've noticed that it's worse during Covid in my practice. Will be interesting to see what happens to attitudes when the vaccine takes over. At least these peeps gave advanced warning. But c'mon.

It was a few blocks away from Broadway which is a more populated area at night from what I remember about Nashville.

Glad that there were only minor injuries and hopefully NPD find the cowards that caused the explosion.
That's kind of what I was thinking - I've only been to Nashville once, but we sent most of our time down by the river where the action happens.

So am I understanding this correctly that the AT&T building that was hit contained equipment that supported their cellular and/or broadband network?

That's kind of what I was thinking - I've only been to Nashville once, but we sent most of our time down by the river where the action happens.

So am I understanding this correctly that the AT&T building that was hit contained equipment that supported their cellular and/or broadband network?
They hit their network hub for Tennessee and Kentucky. This was clearly targeted to do exactly what it did and not hurt anyone IMO. They did it at 6 am on Christmas morning and they blared to leave the area for 15 minutes over a loudspeaker.

This seems like a small link in a chain of events that this was the cover or catalyst to.

They hit their network hub for Tennessee and Kentucky. This was clearly targeted to do exactly what it did and not hurt anyone IMO. They did it at 6 am on Christmas morning and they blared to leave the area for 15 minutes over a loudspeaker.

I agree, it sure seems like that was the target and they didn’t want to hurt anyone, but knocking out 911 raises some questions. The whole thing is so bizarre, I hope we get some answers on motive soon.

Horrible. Glad to hear folks are alright though! Hope whoever is responsible is found quickly!
Read that they found human remains near the site. If so, I suspect they'll figure out who is responsible, but they're already dead.

Read that they found human remains near the site. If so, I suspect they'll figure out who is responsible, but they're already dead.

Internet stories are saying human remains. The police chief is saying they found tissue they believe to be from a human but they are waiting for the test results to come back on it, so they don’t actually know yet.

Wow.

If there is one good angle on this, it's that there are so many cameras in our world today that it's almost a given that one of them has video of who did this.

A former student posted pictures from his apartment. Luckily he was home(here) for Christmas. Pretty sure his apartment is a total loss. It's almost directly across the road from the RV.
FB_IMG_1608954673599.jpg

A former student posted pictures from his apartment. Luckily he was home(here) for Christmas. Pretty sure his apartment is a total loss. It's almost directly across the road from the RV.
View attachment 8983747
Wow, lucky he wasn't there!

Terrorists suck.

Yeah AT&T has two different facilities on 2nd Ave - at the AT&T building and the former BellSouth Central Office.

View attachment 8983747
I am so glad he wasn't there.

Ugh, reading about this kind of thing makes me so damn sad.

I am so glad he wasn't there.

Ugh, reading about this kind of thing makes me so damn sad.
Me too, he's been through the ringer the last 5 years and this apartment was part of his rebuild. I'm glad he wasn't there, but I'm also thankful for the officers who put their lives on the line to get others away from the scene in the minutes before.

Thank goodness these people were there to help!Screenshot_20201225-231708_Twitter.jpg

Back