Nashville Friends

PGAhodge

Reaction score
Just checking to see how many of us Nashville golfers there are on here. I am looking for some people to get out with. I mainly play at Westhaven in Franklin and occasionally drift out to Greystone. Looking for some winter golf friends!

I'm always looking for people with whom to play. I play at Westhaven a good bit because my boss is a member there, and Greystone is my favorite public course in the area. I also play Forest Crossing and/or King's Creek from time to time.

Nashville Friends

My buddy JDax and I are members at Gaylord Springs. We'll be teeing it up at 11am this Saturday. Come join us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to get down sometime and play Gaylord Springs. Haven't played since playing in a media day for the Bellsouth Senior Classic many moons ago.

Nashville Friends

I'm down for that if you still have a spot open.

Should have checked with my partner first but we are full.

Mike

Last edited:
Yes sir. See you Saturday. Room for one more if anyone wants to join the 3 of us.

Mike

As of right now, I'm working Saturday. Weather looks great though, so maybe I'll be able to get someone to cover me so I can get out to play.

I'm in Hendersonville. Member at Foxland Harbor. Heading out to Montgomery Bell to play tomorrow. Always fun to play there.

Just an FYI. The greens at Montgomery Bell are absolutely PERFECT!

welcome to the gang. another Music City THPer here. I'm out in the Old Hickory area and am a member at Old Hickory CC. I don't get off that course much but will whenever I have the opportunity.

Welcome to THP

I'm in Nashville too...
I'm a member at Gaylord Springs with Mike (E1iterate)...
We are always down to play with new people...

Dax

welcome to the gang. another Music City THPer here. I'm out in the Old Hickory area and am a member at Old Hickory CC. I don't get off that course much but will whenever I have the opportunity.

I've only been there once, but thoroughly enjoyed it. That tee box right by the driveway, long par 5 along the road, is that 14? Anyhow, I have no idea how I did it, but I hit my drive almost like a dead shank, and it carried the swimming pool and ended up between the practice green and the 18th green. I played it about half way up 15, pitched up to that treacherous green and made my birdie putt! Ugliest birdie i've ever made...

Im taking a quit little road trip tomorrow and playing the "Fightin' Joe" in Muscle Shoals.

I've only been there once, but thoroughly enjoyed it. That tee box right by the driveway, long par 5 along the road, is that 14? Anyhow, I have no idea how I did it, but I hit my drive almost like a dead shank, and it carried the swimming pool and ended up between the practice green and the 18th green. I played it about half way up 15, pitched up to that treacherous green and made my birdie putt! Ugliest birdie i've ever made...

yeah, that's 14. I've had the shanks off that tee once as well. As a result, I ended up in that square water hazard over by the pool house. :act-up:

The long bombers out at the club can make that green in 2 but you better land soft because the green is so shallow and surrounded by sand. They've re-shaped it when they put in the mini-verde in 2013. The ball holds a lot better now. While it's still steep and fast, you can actually keep the ball on the green with a putt from above the hole. With the old surface, and bent grass, your approach had to stick on the front, or you were going into one of the 3 front bunkers if you had a putt from above the hole. If you get into the back bunker, or up on the 3rd tier, just take a 10 and pick up cuz you're going off the green, down the hill and into one of the front bunkers. Freakin impossible green. :angry:

For all us regular golfers, #14 isn't too hard to birdie. All ya have to do is hit it straight 3 times in a row. :act-up: I take em any way I can get em.

yeah, that's 14. I've had the shanks off that tee once as well. As a result, I ended up in that square water hazard over by the pool house. :act-up:

The long bombers out at the club can make that green in 2 but you better land soft because the green is so shallow and surrounded by sand. They've re-shaped it when they put in the mini-verde in 2013. The ball holds a lot better now. While it's still steep and fast, you can actually keep the ball on the green with a putt from above the hole. With the old surface, and bent grass, your approach had to stick on the front, or you were going into one of the 3 front bunkers if you had a putt from above the hole. If you get into the back bunker, or up on the 3rd tier, just take a 10 and pick up cuz you're going off the green, down the hill and into one of the front bunkers. Freakin impossible green. :angry:

For all us regular golfers, #14 isn't too hard. All ya have to do is hit it straight 3 times in a row. :act-up:

It is a tough green! That was this last fall I played there. The only green I can think of around here that is harder is #3 at Highland Rim.

Back