Nashville Hot Chicken

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a fan? I know that much of the country found out about this during the KFC offering, but it’s such a staple in the south. What places near you do it best?

3C070110-5850-48C6-9D07-5BB4A1B16CE0.jpeg

• Admin
There’s a place in the town over from me called Music City Hot Chicken that has a good Nashville hot. Never been to Nashville so I don’t know how authentic it is but it’s dang tasty

I wish I had tried it down there. Magic Mike was going to take me to a place after we played down there, but the wife and I ran out of time and had to head back. Didn't want to be making stops on the drive back home, LOL.

I've only had Hattie B's in Nashvegas. It was delicious. Can't wait to get back.

There is a place in Columbus called Hot Chicken Takeover that is amazing. They temporarily closed during the pandemic and I hope they reopen soon when things begin to relax but the owner has gotten national attention because he focuses on hiring rehabilitated criminals and homeless people to help them get back on their feet.

I also recommend this book for anyone who wants to make things at home. Their slaw recipe is on this book as well as things from other notable places.

Hattie B's in Nashville

The best I've ever had is Eugene's in Birmingham. Hattie B's is pretty good too though.

Here's a half bird from Eugene's:

1587310927061.png

It's not bad but well down on my list of preferred chicken preparations.

We have 2 local places that do it fairly well. Joella's and Royals.

I don't believe I have ever had true Nashville Hot Chicken but know I would absolutely love it.

I have only had it a couple times as a special at a local restaurant. I have never experienced “authentic” Nashville Hot Chicken, but I would love to.

The Nashville Hot chicken minis at KFC are the 💣

I also really like the Georgia Gold Sweet one.

Its delicious, but they don’t have Nashville Hot Chicken, right?
Nope....will have to look for Nashville HOT when we visit grandkids innClarksville TN!

There’s a place south of Dayton called Mikes Nashville Hot, really good. And in the Cincy area Joellas is pretty good.

Eugene’s Hot Chicken in Birmingham AL is the best that I’ve had!

Being a fried chicken and spicy food fanatic, this is one of the several reasons I’ve always wanted to visit Nashville(driven through several times but unfortunately never had the time to stop).

In Nashville, there are many and a lot of them are very good, but the the two most popular are Hattie B's and Princes hot chicken which started it all.

Best one in town is at Earl's. They have it in slider form as well - and it's killer. Not sure if that restaurant exists in the USA or not.

Mmm Hattie B's is good and locally here Hot Chicken Takeover (CLE and CBUS) locations. - love the heat and the flavorful chicken. Would love to try tenders if available.

Its decent in my opinion. Personally I think its a bit overrated and I love spicy food

Big fan of Nashville Hot Chicken here. As someone who goes to Nashville on a pretty regular basis, I find that most places dont get it right though. Ive tried the KFC Nashville Hot and its OK but its not the same.
Theres a local chain here in Columbus called, "Hot Chicken Takeover" and their's is pretty close but the spice level is still not like it is in Nashville. You pretty much have to get the hottest spice level they offer and even then, its still a medium spice level in Nashville.

Back