Nashville Hot Chicken

I have never tried it.

I feel like this has to be rectified.

Apparently there is a Fraternal Order of Hot Chicken Facebook page, so of course I am a part of it now. I had to know what it was all about. These people are serious about their hot chicken.

I've got to admit, I am fascinated by Hot Chicken. We have nothing like it up here. Buffalo wings yeah, but totally different concept. I'm going to have to make it at home because ever since this thread was posted some months ago I've been jonesing for Hot Chicken. Bad.

I've got to admit, I am fascinated by Hot Chicken. We have nothing like it up here. Buffalo wings yeah, but totally different concept. I'm going to have to make it at home because ever since this thread was posted some months ago I've been jonesing for Hot Chicken. Bad.

It's completely different, it has it's own unique flavor for sure, and every place has their own spin so everyone has their favorite. I know it's sometimes hotter, but I like a hot chicken that is dipped in a sauce rather than just in the rub. It needs to be dipped to add some moisture, in my personal opinion. I am sure there are some good recipes online, but may I suggest finding one that is dipped. Oh, and you have to have the pickle, the acid from it is a must.

It's completely different, it has it's own unique flavor for sure, and every place has their own spin so everyone has their favorite. I know it's sometimes hotter, but I like a hot chicken that is dipped in a sauce rather than just in the rub. It needs to be dipped to add some moisture, in my personal opinion. I am sure there are some good recipes online, but may I suggest finding one that is dipped. Oh, and you have to have the pickle, the acid from it is a must.

I love that you mentioned the pickle - that HAS to be a part of the sub-culture. Best pickle recipe to go with it. Love how everyone has their own spin and are passionate about whose is best.

I'm off to search for recipes... 💥

Howlin' Ray's in Los Angeles is ridiculously good.

Bishop’s Meat and Three in Franklin. It’s the sister restaurant of Hattie B’s
My oldest is in grad school at Vandy and she loves Hattie B's. I think it's walking distance to her condo.

My oldest is in grad school at Vandy and she loves Hattie B's. I think it's walking distance to her condo.

Hattie B’s has really good banana pudding. There is a place called Slow Burn nearby that I want to try. Their pictures look so good, and the FOHC people approve so it has to be good.

Hattie B’s has really good banana pudding. There is a place called Slow Burn nearby that I want to try. Their pictures look so good, and the FOHC people approve so it has to be good.

OMG banana pudding sounds like the perfect chaser to complement the heat. My mind just melted.

OMG banana pudding sounds like the perfect chaser to complement the heat. My mind just melted.
It definitely it is.
Also a good group in TN

that stuff looks incredible.

I like food though.
Was apparently rated one of the 30 best fried chicken places in the US. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve only been to Nashvegas once but Hatti B’s was phenomenal. My favorite one we went to i think was Peg Leg Porker

I’ve only been to Nashvegas once but Hatti B’s was phenomenal. My favorite one we went to i think was Peg Leg Porker
Love that place and did a private dinner there for our THP Experience last year. Fantastic.

I have yet to eat at Peg Leg Porker, but I did organize a THP event dinner there last year. I am a big fan of the owner, and have been saying for a while I need to go eat there.

Love that place and did a private dinner there for our THP Experience last year. Fantastic.
I have yet to eat at Peg Leg Porker, but I did organize a THP event dinner there last year. I am a big fan of the owner, and have been saying for a while I need to go eat there.

Ohhhhhh I didn’t know that, a private THP dinner there was probably awesome!!!!

We got a second meal on the way out it was so good. Next time I go to Nashville, I’m absolutely heading back there. I got the ribs and sausage platter and the bbq nachos takeout so I knew I had a drunken snack for later haha

Man, between music, food, and golf, I could be a happy guy in Nashville. :cool:

Ate quite a bit of it a few years back while at a conference in Nashville... however, up here in MA it’s hard to find anything that compares.

Man, between music, food, and golf, I could be a happy guy in Nashville. :cool:
Trust me man, I don’t get it... I mean, I’m from here so I essentially am trapped with family being close and having a new son. If
I could have even a shred of replicating my current teaching job in a southern state I’d love to kiss MA goodbye. Winters SUCK

Back