Nashville Hot Chicken

I haven't read all of this thread....but if anyone has a legit recipe for some Nashville hot, that's close to what you get/like I had, I'm open for that.

I guess I just don't get the draw of something so hot and spicy that it hurts to eat it. Is there a flavor profile that's getting overlooked by the novelty of eating food that crazy hot? Does this actually taste good?

Yup, i'm just south of Cedar Creek. We gotta meet up for a beer or too!

Also I've texted my buddy and we're getting Mico's tonight! THP live streams inspire real changes!:cool:

I’ll be interested in your feedback on this.

I guess I just don't get the draw of something so hot and spicy that it hurts to eat it. Is there a flavor profile that's getting overlooked by the novelty of eating food that crazy hot? Does this actually taste good?

I dont get crazy hot. Mine is normally medium and it is fantastic tasting.

It doesn’t have to be burn your face off, I never get it that way. Think buffalo sauce spicy, just with a different flavor profile.

Only place I’ve ever had it was at Hattie B’s in Nashville, while on a long weekend trip with my wife and friends. Amazing.

Yeah it’s cayenne pepper to taste, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and butter. In Charleston it’s a very popular wing sauce and I always use it in the crockpot

Pick up Mico’s hot chicken last night in Houston. It did not disappoint!!!

after the live stream I was craving some hot chicken so got a medium spice Sammy and it was delicious! Right level of heat to keep lips and mouth tingling but not punishing! If your in the area Ihighly recommendit!
48CFA700-0402-498A-B51F-AFB85287F6A7.jpeg

It doesn’t have to be burn your face off, I never get it that way. Think buffalo sauce spicy, just with a different flavor profile.

When I was there and had Prince's Hot Chicken from their truck at Yee-Haw Brewing Company (which is a pretty cool place). Anyway, I asked for "hot" and the gal says to me, "Are you sure, because that's hotter than jalapeño hot." Yeah, I'm sure. Could have gone hotter, I think there are 3 more levels hotter than hot. It was hot, but not to the level that you want to stop eating it, hot. It had REALLY good flavor!
hot.PNG

Not Nashville hot chicken but this food truck here is amazing. 🔥🔥🔥
2A3BBC4B-AA8D-452D-B701-3294E313BD6C.jpeg

That looks solid

Its hot as hell! They have levels 1-4. I’ve gotten the 3 before but this feels like 3.5.

When I was there and had Prince's Hot Chicken from their truck at Yee-Haw Brewing Company (which is a pretty cool place). Anyway, I asked for "hot" and the gal says to me, "Are you sure, because that's hotter than jalapeño hot." Yeah, I'm sure. Could have gone hotter, I think there are 3 more levels hotter than hot. It was hot, but not to the level that you want to stop eating it, hot. It had REALLY good flavor!
View attachment 8989750

I've never heard of Nashville Hot Chicken prior to this thread, but man the descriptions and photos have me interested. Sounds like something I would love. Anyone ever tried to make it at home?

I've never heard of Nashville Hot Chicken prior to this thread, but man the descriptions and photos have me interested. Sounds like something I would love. Anyone ever tried to make it at home?

Yes, there are lot of different recipes online. My GF made some for us a while back, it was good.....not the same as in my picture, but good. Then she got a little daring and made some Nashville hot chicken pizza.

Not a huge fan, but maybe because of the quality of hot chicken I've previously had. The NHC I've had(once or twice) was just as best as I can describe: a hot, oily, indigestion inducing, mess. Bad hot chicken or is that the short and skinny?

Not a huge fan, but maybe because of the quality of hot chicken I've previously had. The NHC I've had(once or twice) was just as best as I can describe: a hot, oily, indigestion inducing, mess. Bad hot chicken or is that the short and skinny?
That sounds terrible.

That sounds terrible.
I got it thinking more Buffalo sauce and was disappointed and regretted it later 😆

I got it thinking more Buffalo sauce and was disappointed and regretted it later 😆
It’s definitely not Buffalo. But an oily greasy mess doesn’t sound good either

It’s definitely not Buffalo. But an oily greasy mess doesn’t sound good either
I need to try a good local place but after that I'm leary about picking it off the menu. :(

Had a Nashville Hot Chicken wrap over the weekend... did not do NHC justus... need to get back there.

Back