National Coin Shortage - turn in your putting green money markers!

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
Okay, guys. We’ve survived TP/hand sanitizer/hand soap/cleaning wipes/disinfecting spray/face mask/meat, etc. etc. shortages. NOW there is a National Coin Shortage! So dig through your bag, pull out those quarters, half dollars, and golden eagle dollar coins you use to mark your ball on the green, and cash them in to save us all!
Buy a poker chip from your local GC and play on. Geesh. I’m afraid to venture what the next shortage will be.😅
Naturally, just kiddin’

I can assure you that this is real. This has been a huge problem for me (at work) for a couple of weeks.

Most places around here still have signs up asking that people use touchless payment methods... and “exact change only, no change provided”.

This might be even stranger than toilet paper.

So you are saying I should cash in my 5 protein powder jugs of coins in?

Wouldn't taking some coins out of circulation actually save us a lot of money as a country? I thought I saw that somewhere once.

Either way - it is definitely odd.

A few stores around a going the "plastic only" route. No cash, coins, or checks. Gift cards are even replacing travelers checks.

Times, they are changing.

So, what has caused the coin shortage in the first place?

Anywhere you go in the world a dollar is a coin....So the good ole USA mints vast amounts of dollar coins....Billions of them sit in wharehouses….The economic review shows coins last much longer and are a better choice....We dropped the ball on that.

Oh boy. NOT A CHANCE.

Poorest people rely on cash in society, as do the various mobs.
They'll allow you to pay with cash, but, sorry, no change. What can ya do? You therefore instantly pay more for all things if you are poor.
They've been pushing "cashless" society for years. DO NOT let it happen. Fascism folks. Read your history.
This is tantamount to paying a "fee" for using cash!

Ask your local businesses if THEY can use the coinage. DO NOT turn it in!!!

They can print it from nothing. They can certainly make even MORE of it electronically out of thin air. Usury. Read up on the term.

What's the reason behind it? I just heard about this today from somewhere else but have no idea the reason.

A few stores around a going the "plastic only" route. No cash, coins, or checks. Gift cards are even replacing travelers checks.

Times, they are changing.

So, what has caused the coin shortage in the first place?

Bank has told me because of COVID more consumers are buying online and/or using cards creating a shortage. At my place of employment, coin delivery has been limited by the banks significantly.

My local carryout just rounds to nearest $ anyways... only place I use cash at. If its under 0.70 he rounds down, above that up... and usually he throws in a bag of ice.

#buylocal
Wish I could triple like your post.

Bank has told me because of COVID more consumers are buying online and/or using cards creating a shortage. At my place of employment, coin delivery has been limited by the banks significantly.
Worked at a bank for many years. Electronic transactions mean no change needed in the first place.
One mob owns the banks, folks. The other mob is still in the underworld and needs cash to operate. Its a battle between them right now.
Hang on to your coins. Do NOT fall for this.

I am using card only right now....don't want to handle cash/coin nor do I want other people handling it as they give me change back....

Just saw this 😂
C590BC1A-5A99-4AA9-8FAC-AF58DF7EDF13.jpeg

To be clear on my other post - it wasn't getting rid of all currency, but I thought I had read somewhere that if we got rid of pennies and rounded everything up that it could save the country a bunch of money.

I may be wrong on that.

Interesting. I saw a sign in a burger joint the other day about needing coins. Just thought it was just that store.

Worked at a bank for many years. Electronic transactions mean no change needed in the first place.
One mob owns the banks, folks. The other mob is still in the underworld and needs cash to operate. Its a battle between them right now.
Hang on to your coins. Do NOT fall for this.

Damn dude you should put the bottle down and take a break lol.

Interesting. I saw a sign in a burger joint the other day about needing coins. Just thought it was just that store.
Currency is not a problem. Coins are though.

Can't remember the last thing I paid for with a coin..

"The COVID‐19 pandemic has significantly disrupted the supply chain and normal circulation patterns for U.S. coin," the statement said. "In the past few months, coin deposits from depository institutions to the Federal Reserve have declined significantly and the U.S. Mint’s production of coin also decreased due to measures put in place to protect its employees."

If you guys aren't aware of the brick and mortar bank mob and the piggy bank mob, then you're clearly not paying attention. This is happening right underneath your noses, kids. It's time to pick a side. 😈

Back