National Coin Shortage - turn in your putting green money markers!

So the giant bag of coins/change in ny closer I should onto? Kindo f hate having it sit around, but then again I havent added to it since 99.99% of my transactions are cc

I saw a sign at a place tonight saying no change given. Weird.

I have seen where they have asked if you would be willing to donate the change to charity.

I think that may be true also because it costs more than 1 cent to produce a penny.
Money's value is based upon perception of value and global demand. So...they can literally make the money it costs to make the money out of thin air. Usury.
With the global collapse of many currencies, I suspect global demand for actual physical American dollars and coinage globally has gone up considerably.
That would cause a run, and any collusion between banks to create such a shortage. Does not surprise me that W Fargo is participating. G. Sachs more than likely. JPM Chase. All the usual suspects once again from the last meltdown.

Something is telling me that stores really just want everyone to use credit/debit and don’t want to argue with cash paying individuals. So, you say sorry due to national coin shortage we can only accept credit at this time.

Easy way to get out of any arguments. Smart people.
All retailers would rather have cash. They have to pay a percentage fee every time a customer uses a card. It’s not much, but it can definitely add up

I have seen where they have asked if you would be willing to donate the change to charity.
Don't like those programs at all. Just tax shelters for the company. And no one follows the money trail on the charities and non profits. So who knows how much goes to charity.

They want total monetary control. Cash is still "freedom" to some extent. Cash business is under attack. Restaurants, small stores. Anyone that gets a tip as part of their wages. They want it ALL under their greedy thumbs. And the black market still won't take American Express.

Poor people often have to resort to a debit card through the banks to get their paycheck and pay a fee to the bank for it.
Welfare is on plastic and has been for a long time. Banks get their money there.
Banks. They are a problem. Always have been. Most of our "history" and wars was England trying to impose their banking charters on us. That battle never really went away.

I'm going to go on Ebay and start flipping my coins. $1.15 for a dollar worth of quarters, $1.25 for a dollar of dimes, etc. My wife and I were talking about this last night, I easily have several hundred dollars in coins currently. Looks like my laziness finally paid off!
lol, yep and someone pay it plus shipping to have the coins

So the giant bag of coins/change in ny closer I should onto? Kindo f hate having it sit around, but then again I havent added to it since 99.99% of my transactions are cc
If I turned my coin jar in I doubt I could re-fill it with the limited cash transactions I do. I used to fill it once a year. I't been sitting full for 2 or 3 years. Only reason anything comes out of it is I have a co-worker that still needs quarters for laundry so I will bring in $10-20 ever couple months.

Two reasons for this... (if no ones touched on, and yes it is very real).

1. The Fed shut down temporarily to make it so workers could social distance, which also limits capacity. Seeing the same thing with meat plants. The big meat plants (Eckrich) are at 30% production due to this. I don’t know what the production % is at the Fed.

2. Lots of banks went drive thru only for quite a while. No one turns in coin through the drive thru.

I’ve increased our coin change base by 2k at work as we have received every order we’ve placed (knocks on wood, so far) but stores supplied by a different vault service haven’t been so lucky so I’m constantly ordering coin for those stores.

We probably go through about $500.00-$700.00 in quarters a week and $75.00 worth of pennies. Far less nickles and dimes, roll wise anyways. I’ve built up to have a month on hand, if they stop making me transfer it out.

Kroger has announced (in Ohio at least) they are no longer giving change back. They will round up and give you a credit for the unreturned change or donate to a charity... and yes I was stuck behind a guy Saturday paying cash who had to have the policy explained three times before he said "muh...whatever..."

Kroger has announced (in Ohio at least) they are no longer giving change back. They will round up and give you a credit for the unreturned change or donate to a charity... and yes I was stuck behind a guy Saturday paying cash who had to have the policy explained three times before he said "muh...whatever..."
Same here in Michigan
FC909840-961A-40F9-BEEC-9F81C3D0622E.jpeg

Why is this thread in "Golf Talk"? Seems pretty well Off-Topic to me...

Why is this thread in "Golf Talk"? Seems pretty well Off-Topic to me...
I'm sure one of the Mods wanted to change it, but you know....the change shortage.....

I'm sure one of the Mods wanted to change it, but you know....the change shortage.....

hahahaha awesome!

It is crazy, but I imagine more change shortages as the last store purchase with cash has been quite some time... CC for everything.

Like a boob I cashed in our change jar last week. This past Saturday I was in a local big box store buying bug spray and the bill was 5 dollars and 1 cent. I gave the cashier 6 dollars and was told that she could not make change. I wish I could have a picture of the dumbfounded look on my face. Luckily she had a dime on the cash register and took the one cent from that. Remember the old rubber squeeze change purses? May have to buy one now to keep in my pocket. And I read an article this morning that a bank in Wisconsin is paying customers an additional 5 dollars for every $100 of change turned in.

Back