National Pizza Day

There is a place in Berkley CA that was awesome. It was like Nick and Toms Pizza or something like that..

There are 2 local places we get our pizzas from... one is better than the other... both are much better than the franchises... but the franchises are ok too... in a pinch.

Vinnies Pizza in Philadelphia is my favorite place.

I think a close second is Grimaldi when I am in Vegas.

Lombardi’s pizza in New York was probably the best pizza for me.
E9EF673A-8C09-477A-B5F7-0D334A3A1C0A.png

Man, so much great pizza out there.

I think the best I've ever had was a little place in downtown St. Louis called Pepino's Pizza, which I believe is no longer there.
A close second, which is still there, would be Nick & Elena's in Overland MO.
(If you don't like St Louis style pizza, then you would hate these places.)

Locally, my preference is the Honey Bastard at Cane Rosso. And Pizzeria Testa is also excellent for high-toned Frisco.:oops: lol

WHA? I don't know if this is a slam or what? lol....I don't live in Frisco, just when Mama and I used to have a date night at the movies, we would head over for a pie and desert before heading home....hwere is Cane Rosso

and we need to figure out a time and place to play 18 when the two weeks of winter are over

WHA? I don't know if this is a slam or what? lol....I don't live in Frisco, just when Mama and I used to have a date night at the movies, we would head over for a pie and desert before heading home....hwere is Cane Rosso

and we need to figure out a time and place to play 18 when the two weeks of winter are over

Having fun with you.;)

Cane Rosso - they closed the one in Fairview. Odd location. They are mostly near Dallas or Houston. Some of their pizzas I like, others not as much. Peeps are expanding their toppings - brisket?

Honey Bastard - Spicy Soprasetta and Bacon Jam, Mozzarella and drops of habanero infused honey on a thin crust. That is my go-to. Frankly, as they've expanded, the quality of the other items and presentation has suffered but they haven't screwed the pizza.

Having fun with you.;)

Cane Rosso - they closed the one in Fairview. Odd location. They are mostly near Dallas or Houston. Some of their pizzas I like, others not as much. Peeps are expanding their toppings - brisket?

Honey Bastard - Spicy Soprasetta and Bacon Jam, Mozzarella and drops of habanero infused honey on a thin crust. That is my go-to. Frankly, as they've expanded, the quality of the other items and presentation has suffered but they haven't screwed the pizza.

I figured, but more fun to pull your chain....I like the sound of the Honey Bastard though. I tend to go more 4 cheese and things when the wife is with....being vegetarian and all. But left to my own devices, i pile the meat on when its just for me.

Will be ordering from a local place called "Mr. Crispy's"

They make an unreal Chicken Parm pizza.

Will also add in some zeppolis!

Star Pizza in Houston. Salsa Verde pizza..

Salsa Verde Pizza
spicy tomatillo sauce topped with roasted poblano peppers,
pan-fried garlic and feta cheese

Add grilled chicken to this and it's soooo good :cool:

Rocky Rococco's.

Unfortunately Covid has killed them and they shut down a couple of months ago.

I'm a simple man. :)

I'm not going to say anything bad about SBarro's - I loved it growing up and there is one in our local hospital food court that I still enjoy on occasion.

Only one day designated as National Pizza Day? I thought any day ending in "y" was pizza day!!

Keto diet and National Pizza day........:rolleyes:

At this hole in the wall in Rome. No name, just pizza by the weight.

There is a place in Berkley CA that was awesome. It was like Nick and Toms Pizza or something like that..
now i have to check this place out

Growing up I loved the pizza from Sal’s and Armetta’s. We have a place down TBR street now called Fabio and Joe’s that’s pretty darn good.

grew up in NJ/NY so bunch of places in NYC. so many good spots. also Emiliano's in Poughkeepsie Ny was my go to spot for lunch when working up there.

Pequods near O'Hare airport was fantastic

Favorite thin crust is Wells Brothers in Racine WI

12D38ACA-5B5E-4231-A131-2A5EAE120E67.jpeg

now i have to check this place out

I could be totally off on the name. But it was small and they had an eggs benedict Pizza that was amazing.. Other than that Zachary's is good.

I could be totally off on the name. But it was small and they had an eggs benedict Pizza that was amazing.. Other than that Zachary's is good.
yeah, Zachary’s has a San Ramon location which is super close to me. great spot

Broadway North Pizza, Armonk, NY. I haven't had it in 20 years, but the pizza you grew up with is always the best.

Back