I’m a big Heat fan, and this team has been a blast to watch.

bam and butler have been playing great. and those Miami vice jerseys.....man are those SWEET

I have never been a huge basketball fan. I watch some college ball from time to time but almost never watch NBA and have never been to an NBA game. That said, I will he in Boston this weekend and the Celtics have a home game against the Pelicans Saturday night. We were supposed to do some other things this weekend that got all messed up so we(buddy and I) asked the friend we are visiting if he wanted to go to the game. He bought us tickets...... Evidently the tickets he got for my friend going with me and I are row 1 behind the 2 VIP rows directly behind the Celtics bench. Pretty excited about this and looking forward to a good time!

I have never been a huge basketball fan. I watch some college ball from time to time but almost never watch NBA and have never been to an NBA game. That said, I will he in Boston this weekend and the Celtics have a home game against the Pelicans Saturday night. We were supposed to do some other things this weekend that got all messed up so we(buddy and I) asked the friend we are visiting if he wanted to go to the game. He bought us tickets...... Evidently the tickets he got for my friend going with me and I are row 1 behind the 2 VIP rows directly behind the Celtics bench. Pretty excited about this and looking forward to a good time!

There is a good chance you are going to get to see Zion Williamson.

There is a good chance you are going to get to see Zion Williamson.

There is a good chance I may see two of everyone by the time the game is over:drinks:

from those seats I image you'll have a great time!

Andre Drummond in sights for the Raptors along with Tristan Thompson and Kevin Lowe. Outta the 3 I would take Lowe he has the better percentage. But Thompson is from Toronto which would be great to add another Canadian to the mix

Boy are the Suns frustrating to watch. After 10 years of futility, they offered promise this season. But the growing pains of a still young team have them shook. With a schedule win all set up for them they blew a 21 point lead to a team that should not have won.

They got complacent. Plain and simple. They are a team of never proved anything players. With a great coach and one superstar in the making. I hope they self evaluate and grow.

JIMMY BUCKETS!! Got my Heat in the 2 seed after tonight's beat down of fhe Pacers. Can't wait for 3/20!!
giphy.gif
bb202a803769bb740e08fc62fae669a6.jpg

I will say this having gone to about 9 Mavs games this season -- they are the best at not closing out games!

Next game is Friday - Lakers v. Mavs. It is fun. But frustrating to see them not being able to sink buckets in the last few minutes to close out .... tired of saying, "OMG, they can't find the bucket!"

I will say this having gone to about 9 Mavs games this season -- they are the best at not closing out games!

They play awful defense, but have two offensive studs (Luca and Porzingis).

They play awful defense, but have two offensive studs (Luca and Porzingis).

They have no bodies to put on people. I sit down for tipoff, and most of the other teams are more athletic and much bigger than the Mavs. They can't defend the paint except when Porzingas shows up, and he has a bad knee. They did a decent job of stripping the Bulls near the basket, but it's the Bulls - feisty but they did not shoot well and Luca went off on them on Monday - 21 points in third - haven't seen anyone take over a game like that in forever.

They have no bodies to put on people. I sit down for tipoff, and most of the other teams are more athletic and much bigger than the Mavs. They can't defend the paint except when Porzingas shows up, and he has a bad knee. They did a decent job of stripping the Bulls near the basket, but it's the Bulls - feisty but they did not shoot well and Luca went off on them on Monday - 21 points in third - haven't seen anyone take over a game like that in forever.

I’m in awe of Luca’s offensive game at the age of 20, he literally has no weaknesses on that side of the ball at a remarkably young age. In the next couple years if he can improve his defensive play to average or slightly above average then there is no doubt he will be in the conversation for best player in the league.

I’m in awe of Luca’s offensive game at the age of 20, he literally has no weaknesses on that side of the ball at a remarkably young age. In the next couple years if he can improve his defensive play to average or slightly above average then there is no doubt he will be in the conversation for best player in the league.
Luca - as you know, not the best shooter. But when it's not working, he goes to the paint and gets his points. He is still learning. Has those awkward moments on the court where you think, "WTF."

Boy are the Suns frustrating to watch. After 10 years of futility, they offered promise this season. But the growing pains of a still young team have them shook. With a schedule win all set up for them they blew a 21 point lead to a team that should not have won.

They got complacent. Plain and simple. They are a team of never proved anything players. With a great coach and one superstar in the making. I hope they self evaluate and grow.

The Suns are going to be paying the price of not drafting Luka Doncic for the next 15 years.

As the season’s mid-point arrives, here are what I would rate as the two biggest surprises:

1. Luka Doncic a top 5 to 7 player in the league at 20 years old.
2. The Miami Heat. I thought Butler was making a bad move. I was wrong.

What are some other big surprises that you NBA fans have seen?

If we are talking about things I didn't see coming before the season started....

Heat on fire
Warriors in the lottery
Spurs actually under .500
Knicks not in last place
Portland underachieving

As the season’s mid-point arrives, here are what I would rate as the two biggest surprises:

1. Luka Doncic a top 5 to 7 player in the league at 20 years old.
2. The Miami Heat. I thought Butler was making a bad move. I was wrong.

What are some other big surprises that you NBA fans have seen?
The struggles of the Sixers. I thought Al Horford would have been a great addition, but as it turns out, they seem to struggle getting him office when he is on the floor. And that Ben Simmons still wont shoot a 3.

Heat fans have to love Tyler Herro. The kid is an assasin and will get better. He was barely a four star in college.

I know very few care about the Hornets but they are methodically building something here. They will be done with some bad contracts this year. Probably move Marvi Williams and/or MKG at the trade deadline. Along with some fresh bigs they could be good. Devonte Graham is possibly the most improved played in the NBA and PJ Washington has been solid as the 4.We miss Kemba but I think they are much more fun to watch. The team investment in a player developement person and its made a lot of people better. Even vets. They arent tanking. They just arent good enough yet. So they play hard but lose. So we will still draft high. Good plan.

The Suns are going to be paying the price of not drafting Luka Doncic for the next 15 years.

Probably true.... I wish Ayton had more Embiid in him than Dwight Howard.

Really enjoyed the Celtics game last night. The seats were freaking amazing. Celtics coach had his wife and daughters sitting right behind us. I am not a huge basketball fan, especially NBA but I could really enjoy going to a game once or twice a year. I think it would have been even better if it had not been a blowout.

I didn’t take any photos because my buddy was like a sorority girl with his phone and I am just going to get him to send me a few. I will try and post them later.

It’s an interesting year in the NBA with some injuries to so many big time players. Seems the title is up for grabs.

Back