so were the games shown on ESPN warm ups? or did they count? When is the season opening? Tonight?

Those were scrimmages, officially, the same as preseason games. Starting tonight it’s for real.

Kawai is a great player I know. But Siakam is just as good watch for him. Lowry is streaky, OG is a hidden gem. Gasol and Ibaka are tough competition too. VanFleet , Powel and Bouche are steady . Then the bunch is solid too with shooters Thomas the 3 shooter, Hollis Jefferson mans a stud. Davis is up and coming too. The only guy on the team who doesn’t belong is Hernandez, guys a joke and waste of a pick .And who could forget the man with 4 championship rings McCaw.

No doubt that Masai Ujiri has assembled a great team with parts fit together extremely well. He may well be the best GM in the league. When he hired Nick Nurse, I was thinking, “WTH?,” but what a great coach, too.

No doubt that Masai Ujiri has assembled a great team with parts fit together extremely well. He may well be the best GM in the league. When he hired Nick Nurse, I was thinking, “WTH?,” but what a great coach, too.
Masai is god sent he saved the team for sure. Without him we would be stuck as missing the playoff year after year. That being side I’m hoping he pulls strings on a rumour I’ve been hearing. Has ties to Giannis as he brought him to Greece and are friends. Don’t let me down Masai not now. Would give up Lowry and Hernandez and a first round pick for him. NN are first I was sceptical about but dude proved himself and I’m happy he’s our coach. Actually coaching team Canada in the Olympics now too

Those were scrimmages, officially, the same as preseason games. Starting tonight it’s for real.
Cavs are out... I will root for LeBron and the Lakers! #LBJ

This season is a complete asterisk.
The NBA should wait one year and re-start. You can afford it if we can.

The bubble has worked, so far. I think you’re in the minority. The masses want some entertainment and most team sports cannot be contained in a bubble.

Why do you think this? The NBA season was 80% complete before the shut down and they are playing another 8 games which would increase the amount of games played to 90%.

During the shortened 2011-12 season the league played 66 games and I don’t think many see an asterisk needed for that season.

I could see the argument for the MLB as their season is the shortest ever in over a 120 years. So, maybe they could place an asterisk. However, I would still argue that every team has to win within the same rules and issues with Covid and injuries.

Game Time! Don't care about the teams...but meaningful basketball in about to tip-off!

The fake fans in the stand are funny, lol.

Talk about no defense in the Houston vs Dallas game. Overtime but still, 153 - 149

In case you only listen to national media.

Boy did those ratings plummet. Im curious if the NBA will back off its selective activism and allow games to be just games and entertainment. A lot of fans tuned out evidently.

Boy did those ratings plummet. Im curious if the NBA will back off its selective activism and allow games to be just games and entertainment. A lot of fans tuned out evidently.

Not sure I would equated the ratings to the "activism" by the NBA. For a lot of the high profile teams, these first 8 games are just a glorified pre-season.

Not sure I would equated the ratings to the "activism" by the NBA. For a lot of the high profile teams, these first 8 games are just a glorified pre-season.

Im not sure I agree. There are a lot of people that tune into sports to escape the news. Each time a polarizing topic starts to trickle in, ratings drop, regardless of sport.

If it was just early on every game down, I would agree. In this instance, opening night was a juggernaut, then it went the wrong way, with nothing opposing it at all.

I say this not to pick sides, but that its interesting to watch from the outside looking in.

Im not sure I agree. There are a lot of people that tune into sports to escape the news. Each time a polarizing topic starts to trickle in, ratings drop, regardless of sport.

If it was just early on every game down, I would agree. In this instance, opening night was a juggernaut, then it went the wrong way, with nothing opposing it at all.

I say this not to pick sides, but that its interesting to watch from the outside looking in.

I have to admit I was paired with a random duo on Sunday at my home course. They sure brought up that they will not watch the NBA because of the "politics". So there may be something to it affecting the ratings. I really had to take a personal pause to not inject my beliefs on this subject to on them. I was put off by their statements, but they changed the subject.

I applaud the NBA for using their platform to keep the issues in the forefront of the product they put out to the world.

I did not see the ratings. Turning sports into social/political activism is a sure fire way to alienate a large segment of viewership. It must be worth it to the players, because they are going to take tremendous pay cuts when the new salary cap is announced. The basketball-related income is going to be crushed. Then, when new tv deals are negotiated, there will be another awakening.

I also wonder how many people just feel like it is not basketball season, although we all have been clamoring for sports.

I agree. I am not taking any side at all, but it is a courageous move by anyone who understands the business ramifications. I have heard lots of people say that they are done with the NBA now.

I did not see the ratings. Turning sports into social/political activism is a sure fire way to alienate a large segment of viewership. It must be worth it to the players, because they are going to take tremendous pay cuts when the new salary cap is announced. The basketball-related income is going to be crushed. Then, when new tv deals are negotiated, there will be another awakening.

I also wonder how many people just feel like it is not basketball season, although we all have been clamoring for sports.

I would consider myself to be way more than just a casual sports fan. But to date, I have not watched any baseball, basketball or hockey since their starts or restarts. I just don’t feel it for some reason. And it’s not political for me.

I would consider myself to be way more than just a casual sports fan. But to date, I have not watched any baseball, basketball or hockey since their starts or restarts. I just don’t feel it for some reason. And it’s not political for me.

I am sure that there are many who feel like you.

Long time fan of NBA, since the late 1950's. Not any longer. They can all move to China for all I care. The players have no sense of the history of the NBA, from a minor sport to the riches it bestows on the players now. It can easily slip back into the depths from which it came. There are other things I can do with my time.

I’ve trusted the process far too long to give up now. Go Sixers!

I do think of these 8 games more so as 'play in' but I also watch the game knowing that I will turn off the TV post game to avoid commentary

I do think of these 8 games more so as 'play in' but I also watch the game knowing that I will turn off the TV post game to avoid commentary

Being a Suns fan, these 8 games have a very different purpose IMO. In the first two games, it sure feels like Monty is actually doing what all previous coaches since Dantonio claim....and actually create a culture. One moving to a winning franchise. IF they go a beat the Clippers to get to 3-0 in the bubble....my excitement for the future will be very high. I was hoping they would be competitive in 7 of 8. that was my benchmark. so far they are exceeding it.

Outside of the TNT studio crew, I try to listen to the local announcer.

I did watch opening night, but all the players looked rusty (Lakers/Clippers game was the one I watched). I'll tune back in when the playoffs come to see if the intensity has picked up any.

Back