Moving Ben Simmons to a more natural play making PF I think will serve them well.... but he needs to become a better shooter to make the 'process' succeed, IMHO
Agree completely. The Sixers have no identity, but Simmons is doing himself a disservice by being a one dimensional player.

Moving Ben Simmons to a more natural play making PF I think will serve them well.... but he needs to become a better shooter to make the 'process' succeed, IMHO
We all have been saying for years Ben has to improve his shooting. I have finally come to the conclusion he is what he is. He just doesn’t have that drive to work on his shot. He only cares to be the player he is, which is a really good but not great player. He is never going to be the guy to take a team anywhere. Shame, because he could be the next great with his skill set if he just had that drive to improve and win.

Good to see that even though the Sixers are in the bubble, we still get a free Frosty if an opposing player misses consecutive free throws in the second half :cool:

Sixers got the win against a bad Spurs team tonight. The fact that they keep allowing teams to jump all over them in the 4th quarter just continues to show how bad their coaching is.

I always look at the 4th quarter to see what great players and great coaches do to win games. Sixers consistently blow 4th quarter leads and games. Brett Brown and the Sixers coaching staff can’t be fired fast enough.

Last edited:
My Jazz just look bad. No firepower.

We all have been saying for years Ben has to improve his shooting. I have finally come to the conclusion he is what he is. He just doesn’t have that drive to work on his shot. He only cares to be the player he is, which is a really good but not great player. He is never going to be the guy to take a team anywhere. Shame, because he could be the next great with his skill set if he just had that drive to improve and win.
I don't disagree with your perspective, but there are a lot of players like Ben who were not good or even adequate shooters when the came to the league, but worked to turn themselves into respectable shooters, one comparison that comes to mind for me is Magic Johnson.... it took him 7-8 years to really develop any sort of consistency. Maybe this is a similar timeline that should be applied to Ben?

Sixers got the win against a bad Spurs team tonight. The fact that they keep allowing teams to jump all over them in the 4th quarter just continues to show how bad their coaching is.

I always look at the 4th quarter to see what great players and great coaches do to win games. Sixers consistently blow 4th quarter leads and games. Brett Brown and the Sixers coaching staff can’t be fired fast enough.
If not Brett who? Having lived in Philly area almost 10 years during the AI days its hard for me to root against the Sixers, but I think this is a bunch of guys who are extremely talented (obviously, they're in the NBA) but unlike Allen Iverson, lack heart, desire, love of the game..... and we ain't talking about practice.... ;) Besides, last I saw Brett Brown was on the sideline.... not defending Patty Mills or DeRosen.... players gotta play

Being a Suns fan, these 8 games have a very different purpose IMO. In the first two games, it sure feels like Monty is actually doing what all previous coaches since Dantonio claim....and actually create a culture. One moving to a winning franchise. IF they go a beat the Clippers to get to 3-0 in the bubble....my excitement for the future will be very high. I was hoping they would be competitive in 7 of 8. that was my benchmark. so far they are exceeding it.

Outside of the TNT studio crew, I try to listen to the local announcer.

I have Dish (b/c of Pac 12 network). They cut out Fox Sports AZ so I haven't actually seen a Dbacks, Suns or Coyote game in over a year. I could care less about the Dbacks at this point but I would watch the Suns or Yotes.

I have Dish (b/c of Pac 12 network). They cut out Fox Sports AZ so I haven't actually seen a Dbacks, Suns or Coyote game in over a year. I could care less about the Dbacks at this point but I would watch the Suns or Yotes.

Thats rough. I don't have Dish because I want the B1G network...in normal times I go out to see ASU games. Not having the Suns would be really hard. At least you can listen to Al McCoy on the radio. Suns Game vs. Clippers is today at 1pm AZ time.

Huge game for the Yotes today. Can they take a stranglehold on the play in series?

If not Brett who? Having lived in Philly area almost 10 years during the AI days its hard for me to root against the Sixers, but I think this is a bunch of guys who are extremely talented (obviously, they're in the NBA) but unlike Allen Iverson, lack heart, desire, love of the game..... and we ain't talking about practice.... ;) Besides, last I saw Brett Brown was on the sideline.... not defending Patty Mills or DeRosen.... players gotta play
Brett Brown has consistently been outcoached in the 4th quarter of close games on a regular basis. If you want to say the player play and they are the reason, then Brett is also responsible for most of the players here. He had a hand in the players selected over the years.

Sure Ben Simmons is not playing up to his potential, and the Sixers other players are clearly overrated except for Embiid when he is healthy. But Brown just can't seem to get the talent he has to play up to their potential at all. I would say there are plenty of assistant coaches in the NBA currently, head coaches in college, and probably plenty of coaches in the WNBA that would be a better option then Brett Brown.

I don't disagree with your perspective, but there are a lot of players like Ben who were not good or even adequate shooters when the came to the league, but worked to turn themselves into respectable shooters, one comparison that comes to mind for me is Magic Johnson.... it took him 7-8 years to really develop any sort of consistency. Maybe this is a similar timeline that should be applied to Ben?
There are plenty of players that came into the league that couldn't shoot. But, I would say they all worked on that part of their game over the years and acknowledged the fact that their shot was a missing factor that needed improvement. Ben gets defensive and says things like "I have made two All-Star games without shooting". That leads me to believe he is just never going to learn to improve. I don't see the fire in him like those other players when they lost.

Ben Simmons partially dislocated kneecap and considered “out”.

I think the Bucks are going to win it all. Picking a Bucks - Lakers Finals. If they make the playoffs I think the Blazers are more like a 4 or 5 seed that could give the upper echelon teams fits. Just don't think they will make it.

I think the Bucks are going to win it all. Picking a Bucks - Lakers Finals. If they make the playoffs I think the Blazers are more like a 4 or 5 seed that could give the upper echelon teams fits. Just don't think they will make it.
I think the Blazers will get in. They were without Nurkic the whole season and Collins for most of it. If they’re healthy they’re the best of the teams still fighting for the 8 seed. But whoever grabs the final spot will be out after the first round.

Ben Simmons partially dislocated kneecap and considered “out”.

Years ago, I completely dislocated my kneecap three different times before finally having surgery.

Years ago, I completely dislocated my kneecap three different times before finally having surgery.
Knees are poorly designed joints and mine will likely be replaced much earlier in life than I would like. But we just got Ben back from the back injury and now this! It just feels like life as a Philly sports fan...

I think the Blazers will get in. They were without Nurkic the whole season and Collins for most of it. If they’re healthy they’re the best of the teams still fighting for the 8 seed. But whoever grabs the final spot will be out after the first round.
Aren't they still out of it by a few games? I definitely think they are the best potential 8 seed. I don't think I would pick them over the Lakers or Clippers, but I do think they could take those teams 6-7 and tire them out for the next round where they could lose.

Knees are poorly designed joints and mine will likely be replaced much earlier in life than I would like. But we just got Ben back from the back injury and now this! It just feels like life as a Philly sports fan...

The good thing is that it was a partial dislocation. He may be able to play with a brace. You never know. But, I can't imagine trying to play basketball at the highest level with that knee issue given the fact that there is so much lateral movement involved. And later movement and that joint are an interesting pair even in healthy knees.

And as a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I know that Patrick Mahomes suffered a complete dislocation last October and only missed two games.

Aren't they still out of it by a few games? I definitely think they are the best potential 8 seed. I don't think I would pick them over the Lakers or Clippers, but I do think they could take those teams 6-7 and tire them out for the next round where they could lose.
They’re only a game back now because Memphis lost Jackson and is floundering. I’m not totally clear on how it works, but if the 9 seed is within 4 games of the 8 seed I think there’s a play-in game or something.

Looks like CJ McCollum really loves wine and brought that love to the bubble.

Damian Lillard gets buckets. Look out world!

They’re only a game back now because Memphis lost Jackson and is floundering. I’m not totally clear on how it works, but if the 9 seed is within 4 games of the 8 seed I think there’s a play-in game or something.

You basically are correct. If the 9th seed is within 4 games of the 8th seed, there will be a play in. The 8th and 9th seeds play each other. The 9th seed would have to win 2 games to jump into the playoffs. The 8th seed would need to win only 1 of the 2 games.

Back