Thanks Rudy Gobert

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Do they treat this like a lockout and shorten the season? This is unreal.

In an article in the Athletic that came out yesterday, it is suggested that the manner in which Rudy Gobert flaunted the Coronavirus has created an irreparable rift with Donovan Mitchell. Big trouble in Jazz land if this is true...

In an article in the Athletic that came out yesterday, it is suggested that the manner in which Rudy Gobert flaunted the Coronavirus has created an irreparable rift with Donovan Mitchell. Big trouble in Jazz land if this is true...
Definitely young and stupid by Gobert. Mitchell can go be rookie of the year for someone else.

A967CAAB-3E3B-4102-ACC3-5E1BA97C7D3D.pngWatched “ The Last Dance “ on ESPN last night. It was the first two episodes of the series. Its the story of Michael Jordan and the. Chicago Bulls through his last season. It is incredible and if you love basketball you will love this. Cant say enough good things about it.

View attachment 8938396Watched “ The Last Dance “ on ESPN last night. It was the first two episodes of the series. Its the story of Michael Jordan and the. Chicago Bulls through his last season. It is incredible and if you love basketball you will love this. Cant say enough good things about it.

I only watched episode 1. I am trying to savor it like an amazing desert. Nights get boring. Tonight, I can watch either episode 2 or Better Call Saul. LOL. I have read a book or two about MJ, so a lot of this is not new, but the footage is awesome. It's very well done.

I only watched episode 1. I am trying to savor it like an amazing desert. Nights get boring. Tonight, I can watch either episode 2 or Better Call Saul. LOL. I have read a book or two about MJ, so a lot of this is not new, but the footage is awesome. It's very well done.
Loved the practice footage. Great idea on the DVR.

Watching the third episode of The Last Dance on ESPN this is so good.

I am right behind you. Just wanted to skip the commercials, so I recorded it.

I just want to see the Bulls - Pistons games again. The Jordan Rules. Interesting to see how much the NBA has changed. MJ was not out there launching 3 pointers. He earned his points in those games. Game was very different back then and MJ was awesome. Thankfully for the NBA, Bill Lambeer, Rick Mahorn and Dennis Rodman didn’t seriously injure MJ because they fouled him hard and often.

I just want to see the Bulls - Pistons games again. The Jordan Rules. Interesting to see how much the NBA has changed. MJ was not out there launching 3 pointers. He earned his points in those games. Game was very different back then and MJ was awesome. Thankfully for the NBA, Bill Lambeer, Rick Mahorn and Dennis Rodman didn’t seriously injure MJ because they fouled him hard and often.
Can you imagine if he played today and couldnt be touched. He was unstoppable back then. Today i cant even imagine how he could be more unstoppable but he would.

[/QUOTE]
This series gets better and better. I wish there was more than only two episodes left. Really enjoy watching this on Sunday nights.

Took some time today thanks to CBS Sports.com to look at how Gary Payton guarded MJ in the 96 NBA finals. Really physical, but not dirty, defense as was allowed in the 90s. The Glove would have fouled out in about 5 minutes if it was called like today's game. Handchecking alone would have benched the Glove.

With the NBA talking about holding a “bubble” area to try and finish the season in the Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex, what are your thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...me-play-disney-espn-wide-world-sports-complex

I think they should try to shorten the season and go right to the playoffs versus trying to finish out games. Maybe have a few preseason games and an extended playoff run. Add a few teams that were bubble playoffs and go from there. NBA is all about the playoffs anyway.

With the NBA talking about holding a “bubble” area to try and finish the season in the Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex, what are your thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...me-play-disney-espn-wide-world-sports-complex

I think they should try to shorten the season and go right to the playoffs versus trying to finish out games. Maybe have a few preseason games and an extended playoff run. Add a few teams that were bubble playoffs and go from there. NBA is all about the playoffs anyway.

I like the playoff plus model that includes small pool play for the bubble teams and then jumping in to the playoffs from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I miss watching sports on tv, I’m starting to think that I don’t care if the NBA returns. I think the logistics are going to be very difficult. How many teams, how many games, what format and how long would everyone have to be in the bubble.

Of all the sports, football is in the best situation. They have the benefit of time.
I applaud what hockey, baseball and basketball are doing but they have huge hurdles to overcome to restart their sports.

It will be interesting. There is talk that a re-start will not include all 30 teams. It’s difficult to conceive of of those teams who have no chance to be in the playoffs gearing up for a month, only to play less than ten games and go back home

It will be interesting. There is talk that a re-start will not include all 30 teams. It’s difficult to conceive of of those teams who have no chance to be in the playoffs gearing up for a month, only to play less than ten games and go back home

I wish they would make a tournament style bracket. Let the teams out of contentionplay for spot ot two. Then seed based on regular season. Not conference.
This year will forever be marked. So why not try something radical.

I tend to agree with you. It makes sense to limit the teams restarting. I would assume that whatever teams restart their seasons will ultimately be in whatever playoff format the league creates.

Fewer team would make the logistics easier. And it reduces the number of people who could be potentially exposed to the virus.

I tend to agree with you. It makes sense to limit the teams restarting. I would assume that whatever teams restart their seasons will ultimately be in whatever playoff format the league creates.

Fewer team would make the logistics easier. And it reduces the number of people who could be potentially exposed to the virus.

True, but I don't see and owner / player being willing to sit on the sidelines. THere is just too much money still out there, especially for the players. They'll find away to ramp up with all the teams, not straight to a playoff. I saw an interview with A Silver commenting that they league learned the hard way after a labor dispute ramping up too fast caused a large increase in injuries. THe NBA embraces that that players rule the roost.

True, but I don't see and owner / player being willing to sit on the sidelines. THere is just too much money still out there, especially for the players. They'll find away to ramp up with all the teams, not straight to a playoff. I saw an interview with A Silver commenting that they league learned the hard way after a labor dispute ramping up too fast caused a large increase in injuries. THe NBA embraces that that players rule the roost.

If they resume in whatever format, I think all the players will get paid. Even ones that may not play.

If they resume in whatever format, I think all the players will get paid. Even ones that may not play.

I'm not certain of that. The NBA pay structure is based on per game. So their team has to play a game (they personally do not) to get paid. that's why I think they will find away to play 10-15 games with full league prior to any playoff.

I'm not certain of that. The NBA pay structure is based on per game. So their team has to play a game (they personally do not) to get paid. that's why I think they will find away to play 10-15 games with full league prior to any playoff.

Commissioner Woke will make sure everyone gets there money to avoid any semblance of the man holding down the players.

Commissioner Woke will make sure everyone gets there money to avoid any semblance of the man holding down the players.

That is rare in the NBA. It's really a players league. However, it's the superstars with the power...so hopefully they consider the base players that "need" that paycheck more than the superstars.

Dame Dolla is out if the Blazers don’t have a chance to make the playoffs.

Back