I know it’s crazy early...but the Phoenix Suns have they best record in the league!
My Jazz beat them twice in the preseason (which I know means almost nothing), but the Suns really took it to the Jazz last night. They are playing some really solid defense right now.

My Jazz beat them twice in the preseason (which I know means almost nothing), but the Suns really took it to the Jazz last night. They are playing some really solid defense right now.
Yeah it’s been a long time since I could enjoy the Suns Game night in and night out.
I can’t wait to get back to seeing them live.

The right every other game Blazers showed up tonight. Strong performance by Lillard and McCollum. If they can mesh as a unit with Jones and Covington, they have the potential to be a better offensive team and significantly better team defensively.

I am going to throw out a few story lines at the end of each week. For this week:

1. Are the Hawks for real? Tied for best record in the east and third best point differential in the Association.
2. Are the Suns for real? Best record in the west and fifth best point differential in the Association.
3. Are the Pacers for real? Tied for the best record in the east and fourth best point differential in the Association.
4. Which of these teams will make the playoffs?

I shall not be handcuffed by superstition. Sixers out to a strong start. First look at LaMelo Ball.

Danny Green looks like he’s running in quicksand.

Tobias Harris with an absolute hammer. Will see that on Sportscenter.

Danny Green looks like he’s running in quicksand.
I haven't seen him for Philly this year but I can say that the Lakers look like a completely different - and better - team without him.

I haven't seen him for Philly this year but I can say that the Lakers look like a completely different - and better - team without him.
He hasn’t been great, but he’s exactly the type of player the Sixers need. Just smart on defense and catch and shoot offense. That said, he has 11 in the first quarter tonight.

I just noticed that Nikola Jokic is averaging 23 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists. He is shooting 60.9% from the floor and 46.7% from 3. This is freaking crazy stuff.

I just noticed that Nikola Jokic is averaging 23 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists. He is shooting 60.9% from the floor and 46.7% from 3. This is freaking crazy stuff.
@Stemmy66 :p

I am finally enjoying the 76ers play after what seems like a very long time. Embiid seems more engaged, Harris looks a better player and the others are just great to watch. Good start to the season.

He needs to stay away from McDonalds fast food and tell Jamal Murray to stop chucking up shots and give him the damn ball

EDIT: And if he has numbers even close to this at the end of the season is he MVP or has it already be anointed to Luca Doncic?

I am finally enjoying the 76ers play after what seems like a very long time. Embiid seems more engaged, Harris looks a better player and the others are just great to watch. Good start to the season.
Doc brought out LA Harris!

He needs to stay away from McDonalds fast food and tell Jamal Murray to stop chucking up shots and give him the damn ball

EDIT: And if he has numbers even close to this at the end of the season is he MVP or has it already be anointed to Luca Doncic?
Obviously, it is way early, but right now, both Dallas and Denver have losing records. Neither gets much consideration without team success.

:LOL: He looks dialed in on both sides of the floor!
Harris has always put the ball in the basket.... needs to play at All Star level though which means being a solid defender which he's not been in the past couple years, IMO
I like him though

Obviously, it is way early, but right now, both Dallas and Denver have losing records. Neither gets much consideration without team success.
You'd think, but MVP has been popularity contest for years and with all the hype of Luca I just assume Luca puts up numbers and remains in the discussion.

If Suns make playoffs does Devin Booker get consideration?

You'd think, but MVP has been popularity contest for years and with all the hype of Luca I just assume Luca puts up numbers and remains in the discussion.

He might, but in the last 20 years the MVP’s team record was a first or second seed every year except 2017, when Russell Westbrook received the award for averaging a triple double (not for being the most valuable player, imho). It is almost an unwritten criterion that the MVP’s team has to have one of the best records in the league, not just make the playoffs.

Suns need to do more than just make the playoffs. 5 seed or better. Then Depends of how the season unfolds. The Suns are more that DBook (finally). His stats may not be on the level they’ve been in the past because of the team depth and ability to save him (scoring wise) for the 4th quarter.

He might, but in the last 20 years the MVP’s team record was a first or second seed every year except 2017, when Russell Westbrook received the award for averaging a triple double (not for being the most valuable player, imho). It is almost an unwritten criterion that the MVP’s team has to have one of the best records in the league, not just make the playoffs.
And you think Giannis was MVP, once... let alone B2B? Guy literally can't shoot beyond 17-18 feet, sure team success but you saw what Heat did to him and now every team is starting to do to slow him down.... build a wall and stop transition

Harris has always put the ball in the basket.... needs to play at All Star level though which means being a solid defender which he's not been in the past couple years, IMO
I like him though
It will help having savvy perimeter defenders to complement Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. Harris really just needs to be in the right position and play hard.

Suns need to do more than just make the playoffs. 5 seed or better. Then Depends of how the season unfolds. The Suns are more that DBook (finally). His stats may not be on the level they’ve been in the past because of the team depth and ability to save him (scoring wise) for the 4th quarter.
Not sure they're a 5 or better, if healthy I think they're a 7 maybe 6 seed when all is said and done, but Booker will be a primary/big part of that reason, hence most valuable?

Back