I’m not sure your age, but after Walton’s “peak” he was still a fantastic passer including his 86 season with Boston, where it was a nightly highlight reel.

But also as mentioned, they can call Joker a C, he is as much of one as Bird was...and not nearly the passer (nor the post player, but for a different discussion )
One thing I will respectfully disagree with is your statements regarding Joker’s size. I am on the floor regularly at the Jazz games. We all know Rudy Gobert is a true 7 footer. I also know one of the security guys for the Jazz very well. He was a D1 collegiate center at BYU and is 6’11”. I have seen the Joker from 10 or 15 feet away standing next to both of these guys and he is very close to 7 feet, if not 7 feet. One game a couple of years ago, there was a near dust up between Derrick Favors and Jokic. Derrick is 6’10.” To the eye, Jokic clearly is taller than Derrick. This security guy that I know broke it up. He and Jokic looked very similar in height. I would bet a grundle of money that Jokic is inches taller than Bird. Larry Bird is/was 6’9”. There is no way he is as big of a man as Jokic. Until Jokic lost weight, he was simply a huge human being. He definitely is a center-sized player.

I was out playing golf so missed the game. The Suns are close to being really good IMO. Are they a 4 seed? I don’t think so. But they have proven. To be better than the 7-10 seed the pontificators keep pidgeon holing them.

they still suffer fromplaying down to lesser opponents(Re: Detroit).

I think they can get better and give the top seeds in the west a punchers chance in a series.

They’re better than glad to be in the playoffs team. After 10+ years in the wasteland, it’s so happy to say that.
Hey, man, the Suns are a good club. They manhandled the Jazz early in the season, roughed them up. We are more than a third of the way through the slightly shortened season. I think they have a real chance to end up with the 4 seed.

One thing I will respectfully disagree with is your statements regarding Joker’s size. I am on the floor regularly at the Jazz games. We all know Rudy Gobert is a true 7 footer. I also know one of the security guys for the Jazz very well. He was a D1 collegiate center at BYU and is 6’11”. I have seen the Joker from 10 or 15 feet away standing next to both of these guys and he is very close to 7 feet, if not 7 feet. One game a couple of years ago, there was a near dust up between Derrick Favors and Jokic. Derrick is 6’10.” To the eye, Jokic clearly is taller than Derrick. This security guy that I know broke it up. He and Jokic looked very similar in height. I would bet a grundle of money that Jokic is inches taller than Bird. Larry Bird is/was 6’9”. There is no way he is as big of a man as Jokic. Until Jokic lost weight, he was simply a huge human being. He definitely is a center-sized player.
Bird was 6’8 to 6’10 depending on who measured him. My point was not height, but rather a style of play and Jokic isn’t a big in the traditional sense in my opinion. By this logic Kukoc was an incredible ball handling big....simply because of his height. So was EJ and Bird. The game evolves and you know this as a fan for decades better than most.

Hey, man, the Suns are a good club. They manhandled the Jazz early in the season, roughed them up. We are more than a third of the way through the slightly shortened season. I think they have a real chance to end up with the 4 seed.
I sure hope so. But they need to keep playing good teams tough. And beat the teams they should. I came to phoenix in the heyday of Nash Suns. It’s been a long time since playoffs were a lock in PHX. I want them to make that happen abd build to a title.

Bird was 6’8 to 6’10 depending on who measured him. My point was not height, but rather a style of play and Jokic isn’t a big in the traditional sense in my opinion. By this logic Kukoc was an incredible ball handling big....simply because of his height. So was EJ and Bird. The game evolves and you know this as a fan for decades better than most.
I think I misunderstood your point. I thought you were saying he simply was smaller than most centers. I definitely agree that he in no way plays like a traditional center. Of course he is no Bird, but who is. I will always believe that Bird was/is an all time top 5 to 8 player. Jokic is pretty amazing, though, regardless of however anybody wants to classify him. I love to watch him play, because of his artistry. He is slow and un-athletic in the traditional sense, but he has some of the same gifts that Bird had.

I was out playing golf so missed the game. The Suns are close to being really good IMO. Are they a 4 seed? I don’t think so. But they have proven. To be better than the 7-10 seed the pontificators keep pidgeon holing them.

they still suffer fromplaying down to lesser opponents(Re: Detroit).

I think they can get better and give the top seeds in the west a punchers chance in a series.

They’re better than glad to be in the playoffs team. After 10+ years in the wasteland, it’s so happy to say that.
They did a really good job keeping the game at arms length with a lead in the fourth.

They did a really good job keeping the game at arms length with a lead in the fourth.

nice to hear. They have had a habit of falling in love with the 3. Abd when it fails, they don’t attack the rim. Just hoist more. Abd loose.

nice to hear. They have had a habit of falling in love with the 3. Abd when it fails, they don’t attack the rim. Just hoist more. Abd loose.
Only 10 threes today. CP3 is invaluable late in the game. Embiid had big numbers in the 4th, but they pretty much shut down everyone else.

Only 10 threes today. CP3 is invaluable late in the game. Embiid had big numbers in the 4th, but they pretty much shut down everyone else.
They play good D. And CP3 is a huge get for them. Learning he didn’t just want to come here but was excited was huge.
Initially I was happy knowing he’d kick DA’s butt. Make or break him. But now to see him and DBook learn to play off each other is special.

I would love to see the Nuggets beat the Lakers this evening. If the Jazz cane retain the top position in the West going into the All Star selection, Quin Snyder would get to coach in the game.

Going to the end of the season, if the Jazz could hold onto the number 1 seed, the two L.A. teams likely play each other in the second round and the Jazz would only have to beat one of them to get to the finals.

I would love to see the Nuggets beat the Lakers this evening. If the Jazz cane retain the top position in the West going into the All Star selection, Quin Snyder would get to coach in the game.

Going to the end of the season, if the Jazz could hold onto the number 1 seed, the two L.A. teams likely play each other in the second round and the Jazz would only have to beat one of them to get to the finals.
Lots of ‘if’ there...Nuggets probably win tonight especially with AD injured but lots of hoops between now end of regular season

Lots of ‘if’ there...Nuggets probably win tonight especially with AD injured but lots of hoops between now end of regular season
There are as to paragraph number 2, but to have Quin be named the head coach for the Western Conference is coming right up.

There are as to paragraph number 2, but to have Quin be named the head coach for the Western Conference is coming right up.
Snyder had done pretty well for sure but like any quality team... players matter... Jazz have quality players

Oh nooo Embiid is out tonight. @Tenputt ill concede before tip off, I’m not staying up for this one. Wish I would have watched the whole Blazers game last night since it was on ESPN. Dame is dangerous!

Oh nooo Embiid is out tonight. @Tenputt ill concede before tip off, I’m not staying up for this one. Wish I would have watched the whole Blazers game last night since it was on ESPN. Dame is dangerous!
Sixers up 20 to 10. Watch them punk the Jazz without Embiid.

Man, that’s quite the “do” that Dwight Howard is rocking.

@RealPretendPsychic - Your Sixers are giving the Jazz all they can handle, even without Embiid.

All I can say is this, I could give a crap less about the NBA!

Reactions: JB
@RealPretendPsychic - Your Sixers are giving the Jazz all they can handle, even without Embiid.
Ah I actually stayed up later than I should have, but didn’t get to tune in for the whole game. Sixers may have an issue with bench and role players. Good to see Simmons and Harris assert themselves. Jazz just keep doing their thing!

All I can say is this, I could give a crap less about the NBA!
Enlightening and enchanting.

Not much defense played tonight and Embiid didn’t play.... Clarkson dropping 40ish 🤔
If Clarkson continues his play through the remainder of the season at the same level we have seen thus far, he should win 6th man of the year going away.

Embiid is being talked about for the MVP award. A commentator I listen to said that his absences have ironically coincided with games against teams that have top flight centers. Is this true?

If Clarkson continues his play through the remainder of the season at the same level we have seen thus far, he should win 6th man of the year going away.
All he needs to do to secure that is play Sixers a few more times.... pretty telling when Jazz literally running isolation plays to get Ben Simmons on Clarkson and he absolutely cooked Simmons

I just noticed that only two teams in the East have a .500 or better road record, Indiana and Chicago. Eleven teams in the West are .500 or better on the road.

Back