There’s absolutely no excuse for this one and his apology was not sufficient. I think he’s already out for the year due to injury, so I really hope they don’t try to sweep it under the rug.
That’s my issue. The NBA needs to do something after watching continued slide due in part to a lot of this nonsense. Stacking weak suspension on a guy who is out is not handling matters, especially after they did nothing after Lebron tweeted anti Semitic stuff previously.

That’s my issue. The NBA needs to do something after watching continued slide due in part to a lot of this nonsense. Stacking weak suspension on a guy who is out is not handling matters, especially after they did nothing after Lebron tweeted anti Semitic stuff previously.
His video game partner was much more decisive in their action.

Now is the time for the league to stand up.
1615395527666.png

i am very curious to see how the nba handles this. 1. this guy is a nobody, so there is a good chance he gets a crazy fine or suspension. 2. (yes it should not matter but it does in the nba) he is white, so again better chance they punish him more.

now he was playing a video game at the time and not on an nba floor....so not sure how the players union will help or fight for him or whether the nba gives out a max penalty. i am expecting something very harsh penalty wise for the nba to save face

edelman seems like a cool dude

He handled it with much more grace than I would have. Something to aspire to.

I think it would be so completely hilarious if Quin Snyder, Jazz coach coaching Team LeBron, benched LeBron during the 4th quarter of the All Star game and played Rudy. Quin’s players would absolutely love him and a large part of the world would applaud him as well.
C'mon @Tenputt , Us as Utahans would love it....The NBA would fire Quin on the spot before he even made it out of the arena. The NBA eats out of Lebron's hand.

And yes, I know I'm late on this whole subject.

Leonard should be suspended by the league, not just the team and fined and failure to do so would result in a clear bias shown once again.
I am betting that the League steps in on this one.

One of the top defensive players in the league, has a 40/50/85 line, donated his $100K all star game check, and now is the betting favorite over LeBron for MVP?

Griffin to the Nets is a great move purely because all their games are going to be even more fun to watch. Season keeps getting better.

Sets a precedent considering what has transpired the last couple of years, so its a start, but they are not exactly swift in reaction.

C'mon @Tenputt , Us as Utahans would love it....The NBA would fire Quin on the spot before he even made it out of the arena. The NBA eats out of Lebron's hand.

And yes, I know I'm late on this whole subject.
LeBron really didn’t play much anyway, as I understand it (I didn’t watch much of the game. Can’t stand the All Star game). However, it would have been THE BEST if Quin would have said, “LeBron, no offense intended, but I never picked your teams playing video games, especially in the finals.”

LeBron really didn’t play much anyway, as I understand it (I didn’t watch much of the game. Can’t stand the All Star game). However, it would have been THE BEST if Quin would have said, “LeBron, no offense intended, but I never picked your teams playing video games, especially in the finals.”
Followed by "The more I think of it, I didn't pick you for my All Star team so I'm just going to have you take a seat big guy."

As they should.... This has come into focus a few other times by NBA (current & former) players and I'm not sure its been dealt with even handedly.

That seems like an A+ response to me, too.
Sadly he is getting used to putting these together, since its about his 3rd or 4th time I believe.
I can only imagine had he used a different word, what would be going on right now.

Sadly he is getting used to putting these together, since its about his 3rd or 4th time I believe.
I can only imagine had he used a different word, what would be going on right now.
Has anyone taken Edelman up on his offers? If I recall, he reached out to the idiot the Eagles recently cut.

Has anyone taken Edelman up on his offers? If I recall, he reached out to the idiot the Eagles recently cut.

ya know, I am not sure.
This entire story is bringing out the worst in social media though, that is for sure.
It goes to show a lack of education across the board and why open communications can be a good thing.

ya know, I am not sure.
This entire story is bringing out the worst in social media though, that is for sure.
It goes to show a lack of education across the board and why open communications can be a good thing.
I’ve been more social media-averse since I saw people tweeting about how people deserved to lose their homes and lives in a tornado because of the name of the neighborhood. I certainly won’t be touching this one.

exactly

LaMarcus Aldridge appears to be on the move. Didn’t have that one on my radar.

Suspended during the period he is already out. This is just so fitting for the NBA.

You had a chance at precedent, because every fan in the world knew had he used a different name, the screams would have been heard everywhere. You had a chance to be THE league that puts this forward after that activism bubble you threw at fans last year.

So what do you do? Suspend a guy that is already out? What a ******* joke.

EwNiGmKW8AAXplo.jpg

Suspended during the period he is already out. This is just so fitting for the NBA.

You had a chance at precedent, because every fan in the world knew had he used a different name, the screams would have been heard everywhere. You had a chance to be THE league that puts this forward after that activism bubble you threw at fans last year.

So what do you do? Suspend a guy that is already out? What a ******* joke.

View attachment 8997467
What action would you have liked to have seen from the League?

What action would you have liked to have seen from the League?

Suspension to be done post being activated by the team seems like a logical first step.

Back