Really excited about the Hornets. Everyone expected them to fold when Melo got hurt. They have won 4of5. Great coach and a bunch of guys who need to prove themselves. Rozier got POW for the East. He has grown up and is better than the guy we traded away to get him as a throw in. Even just a cameo in the playoffs is a big win. Kupchack should be GM of the year.

As we near final third of the season, these would be my current rankings of the top ten teams:

1. Nets
2. Jazz
3. Clippers
4. Sixers
5. Bucks
6. Suns
7. Nuggets
8. Trailblazers
9. Lakers
10. Mavericks

I put the Nets at the top because Kevin Durant is close to his return and I just don’t see who anybody can stop that team with all three superstars playing together. Obviously, the Lakers are much higher if the two stars come back healthy, but who knows when that will be. I think the Jazz, Clips and Sixers are pretty much at the same level when healthy. How would you other NBA fans change my rankings?
I like it! Nuggets and Mavs really picked it up from where they started the season and I just don’t know how Nets+Durant aren’t #1. Will be interesting to see if any buyout pickups become big contributors for these teams.

Man I miss Bobi & Tobi

Has anybody been following the story of the Utah Jazz charter flight on Tuesday for the Memphis game hit a flock of birds, blowing out one of the jet turbos, which then caught on fire? Being a local fan, I have been hearing the players recount the experience and it sounds absolutely petrifying. Some of them rightfully thought that the plane was going down and texted loved ones to say goodbye. Joe Ingles was in the midst of texting his wife and then the signal became unavailable, so when the plane landed and he could use his phone again, he had been inundated with texts from her, where she thought the non-response must have meant the worst.

Apparently, Donovan Mitchell already had a fear of flying and was unable to then get back on a new charter to make the trip. These things really make you stop and think about priorities.

Last edited:
Has anybody been following the story of the Utah Jazz charter flight on Tuesday for the Memphis game hit a flock of birds, blowing out one of the jet turbos, which then caught on fire? Being local for the team, I have been hearing the player recount the experience and it sounds absolutely petrifying. Some of them rightfully thought that the plane was going down a texted loved ones to say goodbye. Joe Ingles was in the midst of texting his wife and then the signal was unavailable, so when the plane landed and he could use his phone again, he had been inundated with texts from her, where she thought the non-response must mean the worst.

Apparently, Donovan Mitchell already had a fear of flying and was unable to then get back on a new charter to make the trip. These things really make you stop and think About priorities.
That’s wild! I saw the headline saying they hit the birds and were forced to turn around, but that is way more terrifying than it sounded.

Has anybody been following the story of the Utah Jazz charter flight on Tuesday for the Memphis game hit a flock of birds, blowing out one of the jet turbos, which then caught on fire? Being a local fan, I have been hearing the players recount the experience and it sounds absolutely petrifying. Some of them rightfully thought that the plane was going down and texted loved ones to say goodbye. Joe Ingles was in the midst of texting his wife and then the signal became unavailable, so when the plane landed and he could use his phone again, he had been inundated with texts from her, where she thought the non-response must have meant the worst.

Apparently, Donovan Mitchell already had a fear of flying and was unable to then get back on a new charter to make the trip. These things really make you stop and think about priorities.

Glad these guys were okay. I'd be spooked like Donovan too.

Really excited about the Hornets. Everyone expected them to fold when Melo got hurt. They have won 4of5. Great coach and a bunch of guys who need to prove themselves. Rozier got POW for the East. He has grown up and is better than the guy we traded away to get him as a throw in. Even just a cameo in the playoffs is a big win. Kupchack should be GM of the year.
Man, your Hornets are sure not getting any breaks from the injury bug.

You guys are lucky to have teams wish we did.
I would argue that for the past decade PHX didn't have a team either. ;)

That was a good game between PHX and Jazz. Both teams are balanced and have both good offenses and defenses. Booker and Mitchell are fun to watch.

The Mavericks jerseys and court tonight are top notch.

Last edited:
Kanter went for 24 points and 30 boards tonight 🤯 12 of which were offensive. +19 in 37 minutes. Have a night!

As bad as the injury bug has hit my bugs (hornets) it seems we keep playing teams who have been hit worse. Hornets ham and egged it Friday to beat a Bucks team with a line up only a mom would recognize. Same thing in the game before that against OKC. They went 4-2 on a road trip. We have the Hawks today. They have a good number of guys out. The NBA must be thinking about why there so many injuries.

This just stinks.

PJ Washington and Terry Rozier both out tonight against the Lakers. There is an epidemic going on in this injury thing league wide.

This just stinks.

yes it does. I wish injuries in sports did not happen. Especially in the run up to the playoffs for a contender.

Well, except for the Lakers. Nothing against LBJ or the Brow.... I just hate the Lakers.

Love watching both Booker & Mitchell, but CP3 was the difference tonight.... made all the plays down the stretch and in OT
I am slow getting to this thread. It is interesting. At every franchise where he has played, CPS makes the team better, but wears out his welcome after 2 or 3 years. He definitely was the difference in that Jazz/Suns game.

That’s a freaking game.
He probably only had 40 points scored against him, LOL. Kanter started his career with the Jazz. He has such a knack for scoring and rebounding, especially offensive rebounding. If he could guard a pick and roll, he would have a shot at being an all star.

Back