Gotcha. It’s too bad, because he played pretty well for Boston and Phoenix. Toronto has had to fight through so many headwinds this year. Just being relocated for the year would be more than challenging.
Every year my daughter and i take a road trip for the day to Toronto for a a Raptors game. Shopping hanging out and then dinner . Love going and always a great time. Always get nice seats about 10 rows up behind the Superfan. Last game we went to was Demar Derozans’s return with the Spurs. Cant wait to go again. My daughter got me an OVO hat there and it is my favorite Golf hat now ( has an owl on it) and all the younger members and employees at my club always comment favorably on it and try to figure out how i ended up with one lol. Its a Drake hat.76475071-8043-41AC-B851-38FDDD6E22F4.jpeg

Gotcha. It’s too bad, because he played pretty well for Boston and Phoenix. Toronto has had to fight through so many headwinds this year. Just being relocated for the year would be more than challenging.
Not only can they not play in the home arena. All the refs are making bogus calls against us as well. Along with half the coaching staff getting covid and 5 players. We have to battle more then any other team. Baynes had games in phoenix with 30 point games then he comes here and gets 0 points a game yet Nick Nurse puts him in the starting 5. Thankfully now with Trent jr, Hood, Birch and Gillipse the team has bound back

Every year my daughter and i take a road trip for the day to Toronto for a a Raptors game. Shopping hanging out and then dinner . Love going and always a great time. Always get nice seats about 10 rows up behind the Superfan. Last game we went to was Demar Derozans’s return with the Spurs. Cant wait to go again. My daughter got me an OVO hat there and it is my favorite Golf hat now ( has an owl on it) and all the younger members and employees at my club always comment favorably on it and try to figure out how i ended up with one lol. Its a Drake hat.View attachment 9003920
I miss Derozen man, him and Kyle are long lost bros I think. I cheer for the Spurs now because of him, that being said....theres rumors he will come back next year.

I miss Derozen man, him and Kyle are long lost bros I think. I cheer for the Spurs now because of him, that being said....theres rumors he will come back next year.
That would be fantastic. And keep Kyle i think he is such a great player, leader and point guard. I hope that happens. How great would that be.

That would be fantastic. And keep Kyle i think he is such a great player, leader and point guard. I hope that happens. How great would that be.
If we get Derozen next year the playoffs is a guarantee . I am thankful for Leonard but he did us dirty but being a traitor.

If we get Derozen next year the playoffs is a guarantee . I am thankful for Leonard but he did us dirty but being a traitor.
Wish he would have stayed but he came did his job and decided to go back to California. From a purely basketball standpoint he should have stayed and if the Team stayed basically intact they would have had a chance to repeat. But he decided to move on which basketball wise i dont think he improved his position but players now tend to move around. Thats what bothered me most about the Derozan trade he could have left but he loved the team and City and made a commitment to stay. Thats why i think it would be so great if he came back, Kyle stays and he and Kyle lead them to another Championship and of course as you know he is just fun to watch play.

Wish he would have stayed but he came did his job and decided to go back to California. From a purely basketball standpoint he should have stayed and if the Team stayed basically intact they would have had a chance to repeat. But he decided to move on which basketball wise i dont think he improved his position but players now tend to move around. Thats what bothered me most about the Derozan trade he could have left but he loved the team and City and made a commitment to stay. Thats why i think it would be so great if he came back, Kyle stays and he and Kyle lead them to another Championship and of course as you know he is just fun to watch play.
The huge difference is Demar gave his heart for the team and city. Kawai only cared about himself and his hometown. During the champion parade companies were offering him free food and gifts (cars and houses) if he stayed. Very selfish on his behalf, only to go to another team and what get embarrassed during the playoffs. He made his bed so he has to deal with it. He is not happy there he knows the Clippers cannot go anywhere. Not with the Lakers, Warriors, Blazers and Jazz in the same division

The huge difference is Demar gave his heart for the team and city. Kawai only cared about himself and his hometown. During the champion parade companies were offering him free food and gifts (cars and houses) if he stayed. Very selfish on his behalf, only to go to another team and what get embarrassed during the playoffs. He made his bed so he has to deal with it. He is not happy there he knows the Clippers cannot go anywhere. Not with the Lakers, Warriors, Blazers and Jazz in the same division
One thing to keep in mind is that Kawhi never asked to go to Toronto. He certainly had a falling out with the Spurs, and who knows what the full story is there. But, this is not really my point.

My friend and I have discussed before whether we would trade a championship for an immediate rebuild, or would we rather have a longer period of being an upper tier team, but not a championship. We both have said that we would take the championship. They are so hard to get. I think Toronto management came to the conclusion that DeMar could not rise to the level necessary to win a championship. They gambled on Kawhi and I have to believe that they would do it all again to win the championship, even with the knowledge that Kawhi would leave. If my team, the Jazz, could rent a player for one year who could deliver the championship, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Thats the nature of free agency. Team loyalty or staying in one City for an entire career is rare and not likely to happen. By the same token look at what happened to Demar. Like you said he gave his heart and soul to the team and City and they traded him. Unfortunately at the end of the day its a business and players feel that way as well. Buffalo is a small market and ultimately in the NFL it comes down to money. The Bills have put something special together and ultimately for the most part it come down to the money but when the money is close or equal now that they have put together a great organization more players want to be here. Toronto is a great City and hopefully can attract more free agents but at the end of the day it will more often than not come down to money. Ill say again I would love to see Demar return to the Raptors and win a Championship. There are so many great players in the League I think a lot of teams have a chance and with a couple moves the Raptors could be back in the mix love to see that happen in Toronto. And as much as it stinks losing a player try losing an NBA Team that really stinks. And I agree the Clippers are going nowhere its Karma they should have stayed in Buffalo.

Thats the nature of free agency. Team loyalty or staying in one City for an entire career is rare and not likely to happen. By the same token look at what happened to Demar. Like you said he gave his heart and soul to the team and City and they traded him. Unfortunately at the end of the day its a business and players feel that way as well. Buffalo is a small market and ultimately in the NFL it comes down to money. The Bills have put something special together and ultimately for the most part it come down to the money but when the money is close or equal now that they have put together a great organization more players want to be here. Toronto is a great City and hopefully can attract more free agents but at the end of the day it will more often than not come down to money. Ill say again I would love to see Demar return to the Raptors and win a Championship. There are so many great players in the League I think a lot of teams have a chance and with a couple moves the Raptors could be back in the mix love to see that happen in Toronto. And as much as it stinks losing a player try losing an NBA Team that really stinks. And I agree the Clippers are going nowhere its Karma they should have stayed in Buffalo.
Hard to compare though because generally speaking there isn’t such a thing as a small or large market in the NFL. Every team can only spend the exact same amount.

Hard to compare though because generally speaking there isn’t such a thing as a small or large market in the NFL. Every team can only spend the exact same amount.
I agree with that as to comparing the NFL to the NBA. And I think when it comes down to money in the NFL its more a case of coming down to cap space. But I think because of that I think if things are equal or close money wise a difference maker is a quality organization that is doing well has an advantage over an organization with a bad reputation that isn't doing well. I look at the New York Knicks and its Legendary how great players from Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant and even rising star Zion Williamson loved playing in Madison Square Garden. Its such a great City yet over a number of years now they just can't attract free agents to a place it seems should be a great place to play and a destination. I think if the organization was a quality organization they wouldn't have a problem.

One thing to keep in mind is that Kawhi never asked to go to Toronto. He certainly had a falling out with the Spurs, and who knows what the full story is there. But, this is not really my point.

My friend and I have discussed before whether we would trade a championship for an immediate rebuild, or would we rather have a longer period of being an upper tier team, but not a championship. We both have said that we would take the championship. They are so hard to get. I think Toronto management came to the conclusion that DeMar could not rise to the level necessary to win a championship. They gambled on Kawhi and I have to believe that they would do it all again to win the championship, even with the knowledge that Kawhi would leave. If my team, the Jazz, could rent a player for one year who could deliver the championship, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Well the Jazz are playing so solid you guys have a shot this year. But playing well in the regular season compared to playoffs is a different story. I am rooting the Jazz would be a great story. I remember the Mailman , Stockton . Now that was a 1-2 duo.

Only a few players these days have team Loyalty. Steph Curry is the man and I respect he did not jump ship after Durant left. If I am a NBA player loyalty would be a top priority for me and when a city pretty much embraces you and rolls out the red carpet.

Demar's nick name is DeFrozen guessing cause his game is ice cold. But he made Kyle into the player he is today .

Watch out for Thybulle! If the guy could only find his shot!

What a night in the Association!!! Two games that went into overtime. Steph Curry going nuts again. My Jazz coming back to win the second of two games against the Lakers. Fun stuff.

tight one through 3.

Joel Embiid euro step is silly.

Booker with the dagger!!! Too good!

by euro....you mean...

:ROFLMAO:

that said....Embiid is a beast. and should have been MVP if not for his injury

He almost made that? Fun game! I would love to see these guys meet in the finals!

are you kidding me......Embiid almost sent it OT. WOW!!!!

Back