The Nets have an outstanding roster of offensive players. Defense? Not so much. Especially, lacking a cohesive team defense. In fact, Nets and Bucks gave up more points during the regular season than any other team left in the playoffs.

As I see it, all the teams in the playoffs have flaws as well as bright spots, which suggests this year's playoffs are more wide open than it's been in a while.

The Nets have an outstanding roster of offensive players. Defense? Not so much. Especially, lacking a cohesive team defense. In fact, Nets and Bucks gave up more points during the regular season than any other team left in the playoffs.

As I see it, all the teams in the playoffs have flaws as well as bright spots, which suggests this year's playoffs are more wide open than it's been in a while.
Every book had the Nets running as a significant favorite to win it all. With Harden going down yesterday to the same injury that cost him a significant stretch of the season, it will be even more wide open. I definitely agree that there are more teams this year who have the capacity to win it all than we have seen in ages, maybe ever.

Stotts out in Portland. That was quick!
Classic case of changing around the deck chairs on the titanic. Not that the Trail Blazers are the titanic, but Stotts wasn't the problem. He got the most out of the roster he was handed. Changing coaches is the classic move when the real problem is at the GM or owner-level. Stotts will have several teams interested in his coaching abilities.

I am looking forward to see Simmons/Thybulle defending T Young. Kinda wish Embiid could take a few games off and I probably would have held him out the first game to see things play out.

So happy I can watch my Sixers and the Mav Clip games live here in the UK. Thank you NBA for having afternoon matches.

Yeesh. 20 points down already!

Philly is going to give up 150 points

Never thought I’d take a positive from that game. We were Ben Simmons FT’s away from winning.

Why can't Curry and Green show him how? It just seems like a mental block with no remedy.
It’s baffling to me. I shot a basketball last year for the first time in years and it took me like 10 tries to make a free throw. Yes, it was embarrassing. But after 2 more practice sessions I was making like 70%. I’m not as confident as I was about them winning the series without Embiid, but I still think we take it. Bench needs work though.

It’s baffling to me. I shot a basketball last year for the first time in years and it took me like 10 tries to make a free throw. Yes, it was embarrassing. But after 2 more practice sessions I was making like 70%. I’m not as confident as I was about them winning the series without Embiid, but I still think we take it. Bench needs work though.

I can see from Simmons throw that there's not enough arc. Even Howard can now shoot reasonably well. Crazy.

Teams will just hack a Simmons if games are close

Never thought I’d take a positive from that game. We were Ben Simmons FT’s away from winning.
Gut check comeback. That was a must if they were to win this series.

WOW.... that was impressive by Brooklyn. Milwaukee is a good team and to get smacked both game, and without harden, is surprising.

Hard not to think they don't run away with this whole thing.

Great 2nd half by the Suns.

With a healthy CP3, this is a sweep

4 players with 20+ for the Suns. Only Jokic 20+ for Nuggets. Great game and still a LONG series. My hope is the Jazz and Suns make it to the conference final. I think that could be a great 7 game series.

WOW.... that was impressive by Brooklyn. Milwaukee is a good team and to get smacked both game, and without harden, is surprising.

I keep saying that the Nets have too much talent for anybody else to match.

This is one of the problems with the NBA. You can’t just keep creating these super teams, so only those created can win.

I thought the Bucks would put up more of a fight especially without the Beard in the lineup for the Nets. That last game was over in the first quarter.

I am still waiting for the Nets, especially KD or Kyrie, to implode. But seriously, the scary thing isn't that we haven't seen the Nets have a sustained period where they have had their three mega stars on the floor. Milwaukee is proving to be no match and I don't see Philly without a healthy Embid or Atlanta getting in the way.

I thought the Bucks would put up more of a fight especially without the Beard in the lineup for the Nets. That last game was over in the first quarter.
This^^^^^
Sadly, the Bucks effort has been pathetic.

I am still waiting for the Nets, especially KD or Kyrie, to implode. But seriously, the scary thing isn't that we haven't seen the Nets have a sustained period where they have had their three mega stars on the floor. Milwaukee is proving to be no match and I don't see Philly without a healthy Embid or Atlanta getting in the way.
For the moment, the Nets appear to be better without Harden. No diss on him. It's just that the Nets have plenty of offense. What they lack is defense. Certainly, from what we've seen the first two games, Blake has helped their defense (a lot more than Harden) and provided enough offense. I don't see that as a long term solution, even throughout these playoffs. But for the last couple of games, it's working.

Back