The only reason I rank Suns over Jazz is 3-0 season series record. But Mitchell didn’t play one of those games, so it will be a good series if they play.
I rank the Suns ahead of the Jazz because the Jazz are missing Conley and because they have some other dinged players, including Donovan, who re-tweaked that ankle last night.

NBA needs to do something about this. What if team security comes onto the floor and injures the opposing team during a scuffle? Durant can just have his security guy go after another player?

Durrant has become an angry putz. He is almost as detestable as LeBron, but for different reasons. You would think a guy upon whom fate has shined so brightly would be a bit more secure and happy. Maybe it is the insecurity and anger that drive him.

NBA needs to do something about this. What if team security comes onto the floor and injures the opposing team during a scuffle? Durant can just have his security guy go after another player?

While this is complete nonsense and I don’t know why Durant is so petty, it also couldn’t happen to a nicer guy in PJ Tucker who was probably asking for it 😬

Suns lost a championship for players moving a few inches onto the floor and this is allowed ?

Here are my own rankings of best teams left in the playoffs based upon their current health and momentum (leaving aside my bias for my home team):

1. Nets
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Clippers
5. Sixers (only because I do not trust Embiid to remain healthy)
6. Bucks
7. Nuggets
8. Hawks

Who would disagree and why?
That's a pretty good list. The only exception I'd have is I am just not sold on the Nets. Statistically, they and the Bucks give up more points than any other team left in the playoffs. Harden is not coming back and while Blake Griffin has been solid since Haren went out, I wonder if he can keep this up throughout the playoffs. I'd have the Nets slotted 4 or 5 on the list. Note: That still puts them at #1 or #2 for the East.

That's a pretty good list. The only exception I'd have is I am just not sold on the Nets. Statistically, they and the Bucks give up more points than any other team left in the playoffs. Harden is not coming back and while Blake Griffin has been solid since Haren went out, I wonder if he can keep this up throughout the playoffs. I'd have the Nets slotted 4 or 5 on the list. Note: That still puts them at #1 or #2 for the East.
Has somebody announced that Hardin will not be back?

Wow, Embiid really took a dive on that one!

I’m so happy.

Good game by the Sixers tonight. Atlanta has to make an adjustment to get Young better shots or this series is over in two more games.

When does Suns Jazz start?
Nice thought. CP3 has found the fountain of youth. It kind of reminds me of how John Stockton continued to play so well from his mid to late 30’s.

it is frustrating watching the sixers. embid is such a great player and the sixers are a very good team but i don't know how you win when your 2nd best player does not want the ball on offense. simmons dribbles the ball up hands it off to whomever and goes to the side of the basket....every f'ing time down the court. but once in awhile he gets frisky and take the ball to the hole. man he looks good when he does that. his speed, size and strength are lebron'esqu. but it seems like he has little interest in doing it. he just wants to play defense and get rebounds. wasted talent...he could be a great player but he doesn't seem to want it.

it is frustrating watching the sixers. embid is such a great player and the sixers are a very good team but i don't know how you win when your 2nd best player does not want the ball on offense. simmons dribbles the ball up hands it off to whomever and goes to the side of the basket....every f'ing time down the court. but once in awhile he gets frisky and take the ball to the hole. man he looks good when he does that. his speed, size and strength are lebron'esqu. but it seems like he has little interest in doing it. he just wants to play defense and get rebounds. wasted talent...he could be a great player but he doesn't seem to want it.
If you imagine that team with Paul, or Lonzo...it's scary to imagine. Ben Simmons is a great defender, but he adds very little on the other end. Defensive players can pretty much leave him alone and double Embiid or Harris without fear of giving up an easy jumper.

If you imagine that team with Paul, or Lonzo...it's scary to imagine. Ben Simmons is a great defender, but he adds very little on the other end. Defensive players can pretty much leave him alone and double Embiid or Harris without fear of giving up an easy jumper.
its confusing to watch the sixers on offense. they give to embid on the wing and 2, sometimes 3, guys charge at him and it looks like he doesn't know what to do with the ball. it should be an easy dunk or at least an open 3. but when you have only have 4 guys on offense you can double and triple embid.

its confusing to watch the sixers on offense. they give to embid on the wing and 2, sometimes 3, guys charge at him and it looks like he doesn't know what to do with the ball. it should be an easy dunk or at least an open 3. but when you have only have 4 guys on offense you can double and triple embid.
Exactly. The offense looked way better earlier in the year when Simmons was out and Maxey or Shake were at the helm.

Interesting discussion about best player in Jazz history.... including New Orleans Jazz.... I agree with Doris Burke’s opinion.... Donovan Mitchell is all that and a bag of chips but only 4 seasons.... Karl Malone or John Stockton pick your poison.... BUT NO Jazz... is pistol Pete the Jazz GOAT? 🤔

Interesting discussion about best player in Jazz history.... including New Orleans Jazz.... I agree with Doris Burke’s opinion.... Donovan Mitchell is all that and a bag of chips but only 4 seasons.... Karl Malone or John Stockton pick your poison.... BUT NO Jazz... is pistol Pete the Jazz GOAT? 🤔
John Stockton is top 10 in franchise history in 32 statistical categories. The other guys are great, but he's the goat.

I was watching the telecast when this came up. Donovan is great, but it is ludicrous for anyone to rank him above either Stockton or Malone at this juncture. I honestly don’t know who you rank higher of the latter two, but they both were all time greats. Right now, Donovan is a super athletic scorer, who certainly is the most electrifying Jazz player ever, including Pistol Pete, but he is an all star, yet to be named to an all pro team.

I am still very fearful that when the Clips focus and don’t take plays off, neither the Jazz nor the Suns can beat them. The
Clips have another gear.

The Jazz are limping along. Without Conley, I don’t think the Jazz can pull out the series. Also, Donovan clearly is still hobbled, even though he has been spectacular. With a game every other day, I fear that he will deteriorate.

Crazy how good the Clippers can look. I just don't think they can keep that up. I still like Utah in 6

Back