I doubt it. He got paid for being the player he was/is. I just don't know if he has it in him to really change. He's on social media showing off cars and girls. 1 thing I will say about LeBum, he wants to win and will do anything to do that. Simmons and many other players don't have that drive.
I'm really fortunate to have come through the 10 year wasteland to have a team full of guys that strive to improve everyday. Led by a superstar who's been overlooked and shining in the spotlight of his first playoffs.

Booker shows off his cars on social too...but even then, they have style not just a price tag.

:facepalm::banghead::angry:😭

I'm really fortunate to have come through the 10 year wasteland to have a team full of guys that strive to improve everyday. Led by a superstar who's been overlooked and shining in the spotlight of his first playoffs.

Booker shows off his cars on social too...but even then, they have style not just a price tag.

I would worry about booker being yet another notch in a Kardashian women. I know Simmons was

I would worry about booker being yet another notch in a Kardashian women. I know Simmons was
I bet she’s better from the line than Ben.

A complete joke and I don’t see how they get out of his contract. Who or what team would even take him for a bag of beans? With his contract until it’s ready to expire I can’t see trading him. Unless we are willing to trade Maxey, Thybulle, two first round picks and maybe we get an expiring contract back. The Sixers have to somehow start over and I don’t know how they can do it with Embiid’s limited lifespan in the NBA.
I want him to land in Miami. The problem is Daryl Morey is going to still want a haul for him, and refuse to trade him if he doesn't get value back, especially to another eastern conference team. The reality is that the 76ers would be lucky to get someone like Herro and a pick or project in return for Simmons at this point. But the asking price is going to be Harden level, and that's just not going to happen, unless it's to a city that needs talent via trade, like Orlando.

I want him to land in Miami. The problem is Daryl Morey is going to still want a haul for him, and refuse to trade him if he doesn't get value back, especially to another eastern conference team. The reality is that the 76ers would be lucky to get someone like Herro and a pick or project in return for Simmons at this point. But the asking price is going to be Harden level, and that's just not going to happen, unless it's to a city that needs talent via trade, like Orlando.
Careful what you wish for, he destroyed my sense of wonder.

Careful what you wish for, he destroyed my sense of wonder.
I believe its a lot about usage and system. Jimmy improved when he left, and J Rich openly lamented his time there. I still think the Harris contract is awful and will haunt the Sixers for years to come. If i am the Heat, the idea of Jimmy, Bam and Simmons would intrigue me from a defensive perspective. I could see a lot of games finishing in the 80s. The question is whether there can be enough shooting around those 3, which may work with Duncan (if they resign him, which they would have to if Herro is gone). I think Simmons can be worked with to make him serviceable offensively, but I do not think that will happen in Philly.

That is unreal. I can't imagine he has much trade value with his contract. And that line of stats in the fourth quarter tells a lot about his game.
It’s true. Although now my dream of getting CJ McCollum to the Sixers could be realer than ever.

I believe its a lot about usage and system. Jimmy improved when he left, and J Rich openly lamented his time there. I still think the Harris contract is awful and will haunt the Sixers for years to come. If i am the Heat, the idea of Jimmy, Bam and Simmons would intrigue me from a defensive perspective. I could see a lot of games finishing in the 80s. The question is whether there can be enough shooting around those 3, which may work with Duncan (if they resign him, which they would have to if Herro is gone). I think Simmons can be worked with to make him serviceable offensively, but I do not think that will happen in Philly.
It does sound like the Simmons at PG experiment is over. It will be interesting to see where they go because the fan base is not thrilled!

Not to make you feel worse but im convinced now if Philadelphia had pulled off a trade for Kyle Lowry they would at the very least have made the Eastern Conference Finals and probably the NBA finals.
No worries, I am now an empty shell devoid of all emotion. And I shouted that same thing at the tv numerous times over that soul crushing series.

It’s true. Although now my dream of getting CJ McCollum to the Sixers could be realer than ever.

It does sound like the Simmons at PG experiment is over. It will be interesting to see where they go because the fan base is not thrilled!

No worries, I am now an empty shell devoid of all emotion. And I shouted that same thing at the tv numerous times over that soul crushing series.
Enjoy a higher percent usage per 100 possessions of.........TOBIAS HARRIS! Yay!

I will say Philly is a really fickle city. They will love you if you win and hate you when you lose, but most importantly they want you to try.

I don't think it will happen, but Simmons is in a unique position that he could actually win the city back very easily. Put out a ton of PR about how much he loves the city, is going to change, and then go and actually shoot the ball next year. He could have a joke of a percentage, but many of the Philly fans would take him back open arms just hoping that he could grow into the player we all thought he could become years ago.

Time to stop wallowing in self pity. Despite everything I have said, I’m on team Ben provided he puts the work in. If not, I look forward to flexing my vocal cords as I boo at the top of my lungs (a favorite past time of mine).

Time to stop wallowing in self pity. Despite everything I have said, I’m on team Ben provided he puts the work in. If not, I look forward to flexing my vocal cords as I boo at the top of my lungs (a favorite past time of mine).

Doc had to have some statement today after his comment last night about Simmons. He didn’t throw him under a bus, but he didn’t give a ringing endorsement either.

At this point, you have to think Bucks-Suns, right? Can Capela guard Giannis?

No one can guard Giannis but maybe they can slow him down. The sun's are just a better team...I think they take it in 6 max.

Doc had to have some statement today after his comment last night about Simmons. He didn’t throw him under a bus, but he didn’t give a ringing endorsement either.

At this point, you have to think Bucks-Suns, right? Can Capela guard Giannis?
David Samson talked about just that on his Nothing Personal podcast today. He covered why Doc needed to make a statement today. Very informative. That said, this is just a tire fire at this point. Putting all the blame on Simmons is unfair. How about Tobias Harris going 8 for 24 from the field, and missing some big threes at the end? How about Thybulle’s inexcusable foul on a three point shooter near the end of the game? There is plenty of blame to go around. Bottom line they played like a Doc Rivers team. Great regular season, not very disciplined, and with a fatal flaw that gets exposed in the playoffs by a better coach.

And if Seth Curry doesn’t play out of his mind like he did, I’m not sure there would have even been a game 7 to complaint about with Simmons.

I’m still dreaming of ways the Dubs can fleece Philly for Simmons and fix him. He’s got everything except a three pointer. Him being a draymond jr would be amazing. Kelly Oulbree sign and trade works for me. Toss in next years first. I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanting him opinion aside and him being fixable aside holy smokes what a no show. Just unplayable at the end of games. Absolute zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Samson talked about just that on his Nothing Personal podcast today. He covered why Doc needed to make a statement today. Very informative. That said, this is just a tire fire at this point. Putting all the blame on Simmons is unfair. How about Tobias Harris going 8 for 24 from the field, and missing some big threes at the end? How about Thybulle’s inexcusable foul on a three point shooter near the end of the game? There is plenty of blame to go around. Bottom line they played like a Doc Rivers team. Great regular season, not very disciplined, and with a fatal flaw that gets exposed in the playoffs by a better coach.

And if Seth Curry doesn’t play out of his mind like he did, I’m not sure there would have even been a game 7 to complaint about with Simmons.

I have to agree with your take on Doc Rivers and his playoff coaching. There are many fingers that can be pointed at the 76ers and Simmons is just one.

I have often felt that Doc is overrated as a coach. He never had a lot of success until he got the big 3 in Boston, which produced a championship. He went to the Clippers to replace Vinny Del Negro, supposedly the guy who would get them over the hump and never produced any better results than Del Negro. Never a conference final. As you mention, this Sixers team looks very much like a Doc-coached team. Look at the Clips’ performance in the conference semis last year against the Nuggets and compare it to this year’s Sixers’ performance. They look strangely similar. Tyrone Lue’s Clippers, which is the same team with a couple of different complimentary pieces, look completely different in their fortitude to fight back and with respect to adjustments made during a series.

199E3534-5928-4DBE-AE9F-8DE8AC846ABE.jpeg

Last edited:
It is beginning to feel like this is the Suns’ year. Wow, Paul George misses two free throws and then that lob dunk. Unbelievable.

Great game. Can’t believe the Suns pulled that out. Their offense wasn’t great, but their defense was pretty good.

Back