Olympics update - Brady Beal out with Covid. Kevin Love out for who knows what. JaVale McGee in… what is happening?!
I will never understand the Kevin Love selection. Supposedly, he is till rehabbing a calf injury.

In addition, to McGee, the team has added Keldon Johnson. I don’t even know who he is, other than that he plays for the Spurs. This is not shaping up well.

Last edited:
I will never understand the Kevin Love selection. Supposedly, he is till rehabbing a calf injury.

In addition, to McGee, the team has added Keldon Johnson. I don’t even know who he is, other than that he plays for the Spurs. This is not shaping up well.
I mean Pop is coaching the team so perennial bench player Keldon Johnson makes sense 😂
Honestly, everyone knows that IF (and it’s a big IF) Team USA has its full compliment of NBA stars there really isn’t another team that can compete. Not Australia, not Brasil, not Germany, not Slovenia, on and on… they know it, we know it.
To me, while I enjoy the Olympics this really is an afterthought for NBA elite.
The best evidence is to live ok at the players who’ve committed 3 years to team USA 😳

I am stating the obvious, but he is running out of time and Portland really has no shot to be a real contender in the next few years. That being said, when players enter into these veteran max and super max deals, they have to realize there is no longer a legitimate chance for team building, unless you are one of the four or five huge market teams that can attract players on veteran minimums. These NBA players want it both ways. They want to take one third of the cap and then they complain when the team has no chance to sign other good players. It is done so much differently in the NBA than in the NFL.

I agree that the likely reason that he wants out is because the Blazers do not look like contenders. However, he has very little leverage as he is signed through 2024. But, if the Blazers want to maximize any return for him, it’s probably best that they do so.

I agree that the likely reason that he wants out is because the Blazers do not look like contenders. However, he has very little leverage as he is signed through 2024. But, if the Blazers want to maximize any return for him, it’s probably best that they do so.
Agreed… he should have left Portland during previous free agency… They were not going to pay Dame a max deal and bring in high dollar players around him… that’s reserved for 4-5 teams in the league and Portland, among others are not those teams! Personally, I think the only way for him to gain leverage is to sit out… I don’t think Portland will actively try to move him.

Agreed… he should have left Portland during previous free agency… They were not going to pay Dame a max deal and bring in high dollar players around him… that’s reserved for 4-5 teams in the league and Portland, among others are not those teams! Personally, I think the only way for him to gain leverage is to sit out… I don’t think Portland will actively try to move him.

That’s a lot of money to give up on by sitting out. If I read it correctly, he’s signed through 24-25.

That’s a lot of money to give up on by sitting out. If I read it correctly, he’s signed through 24-25.
I believe that's correct, but what I'm suggesting is by him sitting out is more ceremonial... similar to NFL.... don't come to training camp, don't work out with team during offseason, don't communicate directly with team, use your agent... that sort of thing. Put it in their minds that you're not willing to go to the mat anymore for the team.... Maybe that will shake up the front office and they'll try to bring in more talent. 🤷‍♂️
No way he's missing game checks..... and certainly he may be fined for missing training camp, but I'd highly doubt they'd collect once the season started and he's in uniform.

Nba is so hard to watch. Defense is impossible

What a complete flip of the script in this game. Looked like the Suns were going to run away with it early. Now they look tired and defeated.

What a complete flip of the script in this game. Looked like the Suns were going to run away with it early. Now they look tired and defeated.
Suns are makin it interesting in the 4th. Been a good game and series.

Wow. That last steal and lob was fire.

If you look at the box score, you may wonder how Phoenix lost. They shot the ball so well - better than 60% from 3. Booker had 4O+ points.

Great game. I thought it just looked harder for Phoenix to score. Booker was doing amazing things in the third quarter but everyone else on the team watched. Both teams play their best when there is ball movement. For the last two games Holiday has been the best point guard on the floor. Paul hasn’t done what I expected. Suns may not win but their core is very good. Bucks big 3 are better than Suns Big 3 in this series.

Great game. I thought it just looked harder for Phoenix to score. Booker was doing amazing things in the third quarter but everyone else on the team watched. Both teams play their best when there is ball movement. For the last two games Holiday has been the best point guard on the floor. Paul hasn’t done what I expected. Suns may not win but their core is very good. Bucks big 3 are better than Suns Big 3 in this series.

Agree about the big 3. Neither team has much depth as both have been playing around 8 players in most games.

Holliday has been the big difference for the Bucks. Giannis and Middleton will get their points. But, Holliday offers a 3rd scoring option who can get 25+ points. Plus, his defense is a reason why Paul is not having a great series.

Last edited:
Bron in the front row in the background is a nice touch.

FB_IMG_1626618358145.jpg

Agree about the big 3. Neither team has much depth as both have been playing around 8 players in most games.

Holliday has been the big difference for the Bucks. Giannis and Middleton will get their points. But, Holliday offers a 3rd scoring option who can get 25+ points. Plus, his defense is a reason why Paul is not having a great series.
Holiday has not been very good offensively for most of this series. Unfortunately, I did not get to watch the game last night. I had a pretty good substitute activity, a Garth Brooks concert. From looking at the box score, it looks like Holiday had an amazing game last night on the offensive end. However, and though it will get only a footnote of attention, you are so right about his defensive contributions, not just last night with the big steal, but through the entire series. He has made CP3 uncomfortable for large stretches of the series.

From the box score, it looks like last night’s game was much different than most of the series. Both teams put on quite a shooting clinic, apparently. I wish I would have recorded it.

I’m really surprised by the current state of the finals. I thought the Suns had this one locked up.

Holiday was all over Chris Paul and gave him no room. He played a physical game and it appears the Bucks game plan was to smother Chris Paul, be physical and give him no room. Didnt realize what a big, strong guy Holiday is and im sure he wears people down with his physical play. He appeared to get to the basket at will. Two very good teams great series.

I am glad I didn’t bet the house on Suns in 6. I went out of town for a week and come back and it looks like Bucks in 6. I am hoping the Suns can force it to 7, but I have serious doubts.

I am glad I didn’t bet the house on Suns in 6. I went out of town for a week and come back and it looks like Bucks in 6. I am hoping the Suns can force it to 7, but I have serious doubts.
I am feeling empathy for Suns fans. The Bucks have proven to create matchup issues. Of course, everybody has a matchup issue with Giannis. However, Holiday has taken a lot of wind out of Chris Paul’s sails.

I was rooting for the Suns, but I am happy for the Bucks, too. I love that Giannis stayed with the team and it looks like both will be rewarded. It is awesome to see a small market team break through.

Last edited:
I am feeling empathy for Suns fans. The Bucks have proven to create matchup issues. Of course, everybody has a matchup issue with Giannis. However, Holiday has taken a lot of wind out of Chris Paul’s sales.

I was rooting for the Suns, but I am happy for the Bucks, too. I love that Giannis stayed with the team and it looks like both will be rewarded. It is awesome to see a small market team break through.

1971 is a looong time ago ;)

I cant remember a bigger 180 in a Finals after the first 2 games of the series. Milwaukee has been a different team. Phoenix played alright in game 5 actually, but the fact that other guys on Milwaukee have stepped up has been surprising. Hard for me to imagine Pheonix winning the last 2.

Back