I am feeling empathy for Suns fans. The Bucks have proven to create matchup issues. Of course, everybody has a matchup issue with Giannis. However, Holiday has taken a lot of wind out of Chris Paul’s sails.

I was rooting for the Suns, but I am happy for the Bucks, too. I love that Giannis stayed with the team and it looks like both will be rewarded. It is awesome to see a small market team break through.
Not to stir the pot, but I think Giannis stayed in Milwaukee for 40million extra reasons as opposed to free agency… and honestly, I don’t think either Suns or Bucks are in the finals if playoff teams were healthy. While I know season is a grind and health is always a factor, playoff basketball success is predicated on teams relying on star players. I still think Suns win title if they get game 6…. Obviously have to win game 6, I know 😉, but if so, they’ll have figured out how to limit Milwaukee role players or kept Giannis from shooting 98% from inside the key 😂

1971 is a looong time ago ;)

Are you saying that some of us are old?

I don’t know how to take this. 😆. Because I can remember the Bucks winning the Championship and I can name the other 3 starters aside from Lew Alcindor and Oscar Robertson - Bob Dandrige, Greg Smith, John McGlocklin. The Bucks also made the finals in 74 but lost to the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Not to stir the pot, but I think Giannis stayed in Milwaukee for 40million extra reasons as opposed to free agency… and honestly, I don’t think either Suns or Bucks are in the finals if playoff teams were healthy. While I know season is a grind and health is always a factor, playoff basketball success is predicated on teams relying on star players. I still think Suns win title if they get game 6…. Obviously have to win game 6, I know 😉, but if so, they’ll have figured out how to limit Milwaukee role players or kept Giannis from shooting 98% from inside the key 😂
I love it when people say, “not to do”… something, and then they do it. 😂. Sure, Giannis got a supermax and more money, but that extra money did not entice LeBron, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, and others to stay put. As you know, this is part of the reason the Damian Lillard speculation is big news, because he took the supermax, just like Giannis. The contracts are so huge that, when coupled with endorsement money and shoe deals, the supermax has not been the deciding factor.

It doesn’t matter whether other teams could have beaten the two finalists if healthy. Nobody will take a ring from the hands of the players that win, just like nobody talks anymore about the Spurs winning a championship in the lockout shortened season of 1999, although it was an issue at the time. Injuries have impacted prior championships. The Pistons likely would have beaten the Lakers one year, but for Isaiah Thomas’ grotesquely sprained ankle. The Pistons then benefitted from Karl Malone being injured the last year that Kobe and Shaq were together. If you don’t have one of the big market franchises, my philosophy is to try to get yourself into the top four teams of the conference and then see if the cards play out in your favor.

I agree with you that the teams with the best player often win the championship. Right now, Giannis has been the best player on the court. He has dominated the paint. If the Suns can figure out how to contain him, they likely will get a game 7. It is a close series and not over by any means.

I love it when people say, “not to do”… something, and then they do it. 😂. Sure, Giannis got a supermax and more money, but that extra money did not entice LeBron, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, and others to stay put. As you know, this is part of the reason the Damian Lillard speculation is big news, because he took the supermax, just like Giannis. The contracts are so huge that, when coupled with endorsement money and shoe deals, the supermax has not been the deciding factor.

It doesn’t matter whether other teams could have beaten the two finalists if healthy. Nobody will take a ring from the hands of the players that win, just like nobody talks anymore about the Spurs winning a championship in the lockout shortened season of 1999, although it was an issue at the time. Injuries have impacted prior championships. The Pistons likely would have beaten the Lakers one year, but for Isaiah Thomas’ grotesquely sprained ankle. The Pistons then benefitted from Karl Malone being injured the last year that Kobe and Shaq were together. If you don’t have one of the big market franchises, my philosophy is to try to get yourself into the top four teams of the conference and then see if the cards play out in your favor.

I agree with you that the teams with the best player often win the championship. Right now, Giannis has been the best player on the court. He has dominated the paint. If the Suns can figure out how to contain him, they likely will get a game 7. It is a close series and not over by any means.
Ok, you got me…. 😂
I hear what you’re saying when health is discussed but some of this season’s playoff teams had players missing complete series or significant games in series not Isaiah Thomas missing 5 quarters or and old man Mailman being injured 😉. While those are good examples I think a couple teams were hit harder than Suns Bucks. That’s all I’m saying… Kawhi, Embiid, Trae Young, Jaylon Brown, Kemba, Lakers, Denver… your Jazz had stars hurt… hell even Suns and Bucks for a game or 2 but other teams had ‘their guy’ out multiple games.
Giannis is that guy for Bucks, but I also think that Suns should consider ‘hack a Shaq’ mentality and make Giannis beat them from the line instead of giving up paint points.
Series definitely not over…. And the adage of playoff series doesn’t start until road team wins… well game 5 was that game. Time for Suns to man up and get one back.

Ok, you got me…. 😂
I hear what you’re saying when health is discussed but some of this season’s playoff teams had players missing complete series or significant games in series not Isaiah Thomas missing 5 quarters or and old man Mailman being injured 😉. While those are good examples I think a couple teams were hit harder than Suns Bucks. That’s all I’m saying… Kawhi, Embiid, Trae Young, Jaylon Brown, Kemba, Lakers, Denver… your Jazz had stars hurt… hell even Suns and Bucks for a game or 2 but other teams had ‘their guy’ out multiple games.
Giannis is that guy for Bucks, but I also think that Suns should consider ‘hack a Shaq’ mentality and make Giannis beat them from the line instead of giving up paint points.
Series definitely not over…. And the adage of playoff series doesn’t start until road team wins… well game 5 was that game. Time for Suns to man up and get one back.
Yeah, tell me about my Jazz. I have LOVED that team ever since it came to Utah from New Orleans in 1979. I even knew the Battistone family, who owned the team and brought it to Utah. Sam Battistone owned the old restaurant chain (I don’t know if I even dare write it these days) “Little Black Sambos.” He was not flush with cash and moved the struggling franchise to Utah, because he was Mormon and, well, there are a lot of us Mormons here in Utah, LOL. I went to the very first game here in Utah and have been hooked ever since. These years when everything falls into place and the stars align come along about once every 25 or 40 years (ask the Bucks). You have no idea how many times I have wondered what might have happened if the Jazz would have had both members of their starting back court healthy. It’s been a bit painful, LOL.

I have been hearing a lot of discussion on this over the last few days. How many think that the Chris Paul foul on that steal/lob dunk play was dirty? Why or why not?

I have been hearing a lot of discussion on this over the last few days. How many think that the Chris Paul foul on that steal/lob dunk play was dirty? Why or why not?

Put me in the camp of dirty play. It was not a legitimate defensive basketball play.it was not an attempt to block a shot or steal the ball. It was a two handed shove of someone who had already left his feet and elevated to receive a lob past.

I didn’t think the play was dirty, just stupid. Had he hit him hard enough to miss the dunk, it would have been dirty and a flagrant 2. By just tapping him, he didn’t affect the dunk and gave them a shot at a point (that ended up more since he missed so badly).

Ok, everybody, who wins tonight?

Watching “The Basketball Tournament “ on ESPN 2 before the game.. A graphic came up saying Scott Foster is one of the refs and Chris Paul teams are 2/16 in games he does and. Chris Paul has openly complained about him. I really hope he has no impact on the Game.

Last edited:
Watching “The Basketball Tournament “ on ESPN 2 before the game.. A graphic came up saying Scott Foster is one of the refs and Chris Paul teams are 2/16 in games he does and. Chris Paul has openly complained about him. I really hope he has no impact on the Game.
CP3 has a personal 0-12 streak with Foster as ref to put that stat in context.

New Gameday shirt. Pregaming with the black label as we need the power of the gorilla tonight!

FF8CD27F-F700-4C8B-AFFF-4356641D727C.jpeg

I know it’s well into second quarter and I’m just tuning in… I think Suns are able to extend the series…
Please!!!

This is all true. History of NBA titles is often decided by health. It just is part of a sport that only has 5 guys on a court at a time.

1626836560921.jpeg

I’m rooting for CP3 and the Suns but this has been a great series of basketball regardless. This game is going to come down to a single possession, again.

What a change from the first two games of this series.

Does giannis have questionable photos of the the refs wives or something?

Back