I don’t think it is possible to replace Klay. Wasn’t the Kelly Oubre signing their best effort?
Yes. I think that is the idea. And he would have been a good fit for the team even if Klay had been healthy. He should be a good fit and as long as everyone stays healthy they should be in the 4-8 range I think. Not sure they have the fire-power of the LA teams or Denver and maybe Dallas. I'm assuming Houston blows it up at some point but even if they don't I think they are in the same tier with the Warriors, Jazz and Blazers. The west is loaded. I don't think their is a bad team other than Minnesota. Obviously it won't break like that but even the Suns, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Spurs and Kings have chances to get that 7-8 seed.

Yes. I think that is the idea. And he would have been a good fit for the team even if Klay had been healthy. He should be a good fit and as long as everyone stays healthy they should be in the 4-8 range I think. Not sure they have the fire-power of the LA teams or Denver and maybe Dallas. I'm assuming Houston blows it up at some point but even if they don't I think they are in the same tier with the Warriors, Jazz and Blazers. The west is loaded. I don't think their is a bad team other than Minnesota. Obviously it won't break like that but even the Suns, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Spurs and Kings have chances to get that 7-8 seed.
GS is going to really miss Klay. They still have a talented roster - the best PG of this generation, the original stretch 4, Wiggins, Oubre and the #2 pick - so I think they'll be in the mix for a playoff spot for sure. But no Klay fundamentally changes the dynamic for sure.

GS is going to really miss Klay. They still have a talented roster - the best PG of this generation, the original stretch 4, Wiggins, Oubre and the #2 pick - so I think they'll be in the mix for a playoff spot for sure. But no Klay fundamentally changes the dynamic for sure.
Yeah, agree. They're not winning a title as currently constructed with no Klay. Just a playoff team that can maybe win a round depending on where they get seeded.

I don’t think the Kings, Spurs or Timberwolves have a shot at making the playoffs, but that is how tough the West is. If you put Golden State in, which I think is a fair thing, which other team is not making that top 8 that was in last year. Same question for Phoenix. Some pundits think Portland is snow top 4. It’s crazy. Here are my rankings for the West:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Jazz (my homer pick, but I think Favors will really help and I think Donavon still has a shot to be a superstar if they play him at pointguard)
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Phoenix
9. Houston (I think Hardin gets traded or he sulks)
10. Memphis
11. San Antonio
12. OKC
13. Minnesota
14. Sacramento

The only pick that I am confident in making, and I hate to say it, is that the Lakers are the best team. Let’s see how far off I am. I wouldn’t take a dollar to Vegas on these picks.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Kings, Spurs or Timberwolves have a shot at making the playoffs, but that is how tough the West is. If you put Golden State in, which I think is a fair thing, which other team is not making that top 8 that was in last year. Same question for Phoenix. Some pundits think Portland is snow top 4. It’s crazy. Here are my rankings for the West:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Jazz (my homer pick, but I think Favors will really help and I think Donavon still has a shot to be a superstar if they play him at pointguard)
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Phoenix
10. Memphis
11. San Antonio
13. Minnesota
14. Sacramento

The only pick that I am confident in making, and I hate to say it, is that the Lakers are the best team. Let’s see how far off I am. I wouldn’t take a dollar to Vegas on these picks.
I would have the pretty much the same list. I would have Dallas at 3/4 and move the Jazz to 5. I am assuming that Harden gets moved and sulks too. Otherwise I would probably have them in. Just a blood bath.

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Phoenix
10. Memphis
11. San Antonio
13. Minnesota
14. Sacramento

What about OKC? Were they relegated to the Developmental League? :ROFLMAO: I don't have any issue with your picks and 3-8 are all good teams. I wouldn't discount Memphis and I think the Rockets with a new coach and chemistry issues won't contend. And except for the team that finishes 8 and will likely draw the Lakers, any one of those lower seeds has a chance to win a first round series.

What about OKC? Were they relegated to the Developmental League? :ROFLMAO: I don't have any issue with your picks and 3-8 are all good teams. I wouldn't discount Memphis and I think the Rockets with a new coach and chemistry issues won't contend. And except for the team that finishes 8 and will likely draw the Lakers, any one of those lower seeds has a chance to win a first round series.
Whoops, I knew I was missing somebody, LOL. It’s fixed.

Last edited:
Whoops, I knew I was missing somebody, LOL.

It's all good. I don't think OKC is going to be any good this season but they have about 20 draft picks in the next few drafts. I think they're going to be rebuilding.

I totally missed OKC in all of this. I would put them down towards the bottom. I think they are actively tanking this year.

I totally missed OKC in all of this. I would put them down towards the bottom. I think they are actively tanking this year.

Yes, they are not going to be good but they have, I think, at least three first round picks in each of the next three drafts.

Yes, they are not going to be good but they have, I think, at least three first round picks in each of the next three drafts.
OKC is positioned so well. Great job by management...

Extension time for LeBron.

👀👀👀

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Phoenix
10. Memphis
11. San Antonio
12. OKC
13. Minnesota
14. Sacramento
I would put Portland at #3. They solved their wing problems and added D, which they needed badly. Plus Nurkic is seriously under appreciated at C. Having him back is huge.

Lakers fan here. I’m not sold on them being #1. I understand why they gave up the players they did. I agree they needed to diversify the O. But they gave up an awful lot of length and D, which was their identity.

Great trade for Houston.
Not sure why’d you say that Frank? To me they traded one ball dominant guard for another.... B. Beal is the real deal in DC and having a ball dominant guard isn’t great to showcase him and primary scorer., but it makes sense since Wall is coming off an injury and the protected 1 is a great hook for Rockets

Not sure why’d you say that Frank? To me they traded one ball dominant guard for another.... B. Beal is the real deal in DC and having a ball dominant guard isn’t great to showcase him and primary scorer., but it makes sense since Wall is coming off an injury and the protected 1 is a great hook for Rockets
I just read an assessment of scoring guards coming back from Achilles tears. I may have to change that prior assessment.

But short of that I think Westbrook is on the downside of his career whereas Beal is in the middle of it. That’s in Houston’s favor. Plus they got a draft pick, another factor for Houston.

I just read an assessment of scoring guards coming back from Achilles tears. I may have to change that prior assessment.

But short of that I think Westbrook is on the downside of his career whereas Beal is in the middle of it. That’s in Houston’s favor. Plus they got a draft pick, another factor for Houston.
Just to be clear, Rockets got John Wall, correct? Statistically he and Westbrook are very comparable

Just to be clear, Rockets got John Wall, correct? Statistically he and Westbrook are very comparable
I did a quick google search or two. I may be wrong

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Golden State
8. Phoenix
10. Memphis
11. San Antonio
12. OKC
13. Minnesota
14. Sacramento

Not sure about your list.... here’s mine
Lakers
Nuggets
Clippers
Jazz
Dallas
Warriors
Suns
Trailblazers
Rockets
Spurs
OKC
And the rest... MN, Memphis, Sacto are interchangeable depending on team health
Will be interesting for sure...

I did a quick google search or two. I may be wrong
Not trying to talk you out of anything, just not sure either team will be significantly better.... Russ with a bunch of shooters in DC including Beal or Harden / Wall ball dominant guards in a traditional offense without D’Antoni as coach... 🤔

I would put Portland at #3. They solved their wing problems and added D, which they needed badly. Plus Nurkic is seriously under appreciated at C. Having him back is huge.

Lakers fan here. I’m not sold on them being #1. I understand why they gave up the players they did. I agree they needed to diversify the O. But they gave up an awful lot of length and D, which was their identity.

I think the Lakers are clearly #1. I think they made enough moves in the short off season to solidify their status. Adding Montrez Harrell from the Clippers ,Wesley Matthews, Dennis Schroder and Marc Gasol will definitely help. They added some youth and some seasoned veterans. Barring injury, especially to LeBron and AD, that's a formidable roster and they're the deserved favorites.

I think the Lakers are clearly #1. I think they made enough moves in the short off season to solidify their status. Adding Montrez Harrell from the Clippers ,Wesley Matthews, Dennis Schroder and Marc Gasol will definitely help. They added some youth and some seasoned veterans. Barring injury, especially to LeBron and AD, that's a formidable roster and they're the deserved favorites.
I agree that the Lakers look to be the favorites. They will be tough to beat in a seven game series. I do think that there are so many talented players out there its a fine line and this should be a super competitive season. Saw this picture and it makes me wish we still had an NBA team. Nothing like seeing a game live. We try to make it up to Toronto a couple times a year to catch a Raptors game.B1ADA0D3-37F9-43CD-AF4F-A9A0424D825B.jpeg

Back