Suns
Trailblazers
Rockets
Spurs
OKC
And the rest... MN, Memphis, Sacto are interchangeable depending on team health
Will be interesting for sure...
Our lists are not terribly different.

NBA just suspended random marijuana testing. I won't state my opinion on whether the testing should exist or not, but I struggle with anything being part of a deal in place and then removed like it was for the bubble and now this.

Because you would never have them remove things of importance on the other side.

NBA just suspended random marijuana testing. I won't state my opinion on whether the testing should exist or not, but I struggle with anything being part of a deal in place and then removed like it was for the bubble and now this.

Because you would never have them remove things of importance on the other side.
if i cared about the NBA any more outside of the Cavs Id think this is dumb. If its not the cavs, then i couldnt care less about the rest of the league. We shall see if this sentiment trickles over into other leagues. NFL, PGA etc

There must be a lot of consumption going on right now. It is interesting that this is happening in lock step with the House having just passed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act, essentially legalizing marijuana. I am not trying to engender political discussion, but I would have to think that the powers that be within the NBA might be looking at this Congressional step as the timing catalyst. I completely agree with your take, @JB.

I really don't see what difference it makes whether these guys are enjoying some electric lettuce, however, it's hardly a good thing from a performance perspective, is it?

I really don't see what difference it makes whether these guys are enjoying some electric lettuce, however, it's hardly a good thing from a performance perspective, is it?

To me it is less about the drug and more about the collective bargaining agreement. It comes off as pandering in a league that needs as much help as they can in visual marketing currently.

To me it is less about the drug and more about the collective bargaining agreement. It comes off as pandering in a league that needs as much help as they can in visual marketing currently.
I hear that and totally agree with what you're saying.

And I also agree that it's not going to hit at least SOME percentage of fans in a positive way.

Is there a chance it is a concession for the short turn around from the bubble? I agree usually you don't see collectively bargained things changed. It's also kind of moot because the entire league smokes pot. I'd be shocked if it is under 75-80%.

Is there a chance it is a concession for the short turn around from the bubble? I agree usually you don't see collectively bargained things changed. It's also kind of moot because the entire league smokes pot. I'd be shocked if it is under 75-80%.

While I believe that to the be the case, the flipside is middle America has slowly tuned out this great sport. Doing something else polarizing, when you have an image issue makes so little sense. Compound that with the CBA and it is quickly showing how much some fans (including me) miss David Stern.

You have a league that is now completely dictated by the players (which wasn't always the case) and when the idiots run the asylum we are witnessing the end result.

To me it is less about the drug and more about the collective bargaining agreement.

Have to agree with you completely. And having hands on experience with CBAs and bargaining negotiations, it's beyond interesting to see management indicate that it will not enforce a provision in the CBA without management getting something in return with respect to the agreement.

While I believe that to the be the case, the flipside is middle America has slowly tuned out this great sport. Doing something else polarizing, when you have an image issue makes so little sense. Compound that with the CBA and it is quickly showing how much some fans (including me) miss David Stern.

You have a league that is now completely dictated by the players (which wasn't always the case) and when the idiots run the asylum we are witnessing the end result.
Oh, I agree. I think it should be stated that it is a concession for the early start after the . I think people are more than likely to be okay with no testing for pot even if they are against pot as long as they know it is a concession for the quick turn around.

Just doing it because makes it seems like the NBA is bending to the players because they are going to smoke pot be damned of the consequences. It's a bad look for both sides.

Lol Harden/Rockets. Not sure if he’s the guy to bring a title to Philly though.

Luka vaults to #4!

Last edited:
Luka vaults to #5!

I don't have any qualms with this list. That's how I would draft them. Maybe Luka should be 6 based on what he has done but if I was drafting a team that is definitely the order I would go in.

Have not been on here lately but living in DC Westbrooke trade mildly exciting and good riddance John Wall after you dissed the team that rehabilitated you out of pure jealousy role of Beal. Not sure Brick can help this otherwise middling team but my other team Spurs going nowhere after not moving DDR or DA.

I don't have any qualms with this list. That's how I would draft them. Maybe Luka should be 6 based on what he has done but if I was drafting a team that is definitely the order I would go in.

I beg to differ James was still great last year but without AD he failed to lead. I have him about 4th starting any team.

Luka vaults to #4!

I don’t disagree with Luka’s ranking. As for the rest, it’s not an objectionable list. There is quite a bit of statistical analysis that shows that players‘ skills do not necessarily erode gradually as they age. They often fall off of a cliff. He has defied the aging process in a miraculous way, given his minute load through a 20 year career. One of these years, LeBron is going to come back and be “old.” Who can really project how good Durrant will be after suffering the most devastating of all basketball injuries? When will Steph show his age? Small players tend to age more quickly. However, it’s not a bad list.

Last edited:
We are into the preseason. My believed Jazz have their first preseason game this evening. I am most interested this year to see of Donovan transformed from a volume, low efficiency scorer to a true superstar.

Respectfully any list has LBJ number one is not noting he could not even lead LAL to playoffs a year ago. Giannis and Leonard both far better IMO and AD the real MVP of the Lakers needs to be above him.

As 76ers fan I do not want to see Harden there. The current line-up and the transfers seems pretty good as they are.

Respectfully any list has LBJ number one is not noting he could not even lead LAL to playoffs a year ago. Giannis and Leonard both far better IMO and AD the real MVP of the Lakers needs to be above him.
He actually had the Lakers in the playoff mix two years ago until he suffered what essentially became a season ending injury, unless my memory is wrong. It was the first major injury of his career. No player has been to the finals as many times in a row in the modern era. I am not a huge LeBron fan, but I think you would be in the minority to say that he was not the best player on the Lakers team, particularly in the Finals. He is getting a lot of credit this year for being Finals MVP, but I think he deserved it. As I previously posted, LeBron is near the end. He has to drop off at some point soon, but if he is as good this year as last year, he still would be my first choice to lead a team in one series. Damn, I hate saying it, though.

As 76ers fan I do not want to see Harden there. The current line-up and the transfers seems pretty good as they are.
Harden is one of the greatest offensive players ever, but his game does not foster championship level team play in the very most important games. I don’t think anybody is going to give up what Houston wants in a trade. Fortunately for you, Morey knows Harden as well as anybody. If the Sixers acquire him, it would be done by somebody who would understand the upside/downside.

Harden is one of the greatest offensive players ever, but his game does not foster championship level team play in the very most important games. I don’t think anybody is going to give up what Houston wants in a trade. Fortunately for you, Morey knows Harden as well as anybody. If the Sixers acquire him, it would be done by somebody who would understand the upside/downside.

I read talk on libertyballers now and again of a Simmons/Harden swap. As a Simmons fan that's not good news.

In today’s NBA, rings mean everything. If, Harden wants to win a championship, he may need to understand that he is not going to be the first and only offensive option on a team.

Back