Seems like a hefty price for RoCo.

I fully realize the rest of the country doesn’t see this but Portland is close to being very very good. They played last year without their two bigs, one of whom is their 3rd best scorer. I bet they feel like their window is closing so they are going for it with an under the radar SF that really fills their needs, even if they have to verbal to get him.

I fully realize the rest of the country doesn’t see this but Portland is close to being very very good. They played last year without their two bigs, one of whom is their 3rd best scorer. I bet they feel like their window is closing so they are going for it with an under the radar SF that really fills their needs, even if they have to verbal to get him.
As a Lehigh alum and Sixers fan, I firmly (and irrationally) believe that CJ would have been a Sixer if the Blazers didn’t man the run to the WCF two years ago. Last year was almost a throw away without Nurk and Collins and they put on a nice run in the bubble to at least make the playoffs. And RoCo’s defense is a much needed asset. Clearly they think they’re a piece or two from going toe to toe with the big dogs and I like the confidence! I love the move and I’m excited to cheer for Covington again, just surprised they had to give up so much to get him.

Holy cow! I had read that the Sixers were in play for Jrue.

With the amount of draft collateral changing hands in these trades, it seems like the league is putting a lot of preference on value on draft picks. Maybe that’s because the cap didn’t go up as was expected before COVID was a thing? Easier to take back picks than contracts.

With the amount of draft collateral changing hands in these trades, it seems like the league is putting a lot of preference on value on draft picks. Maybe that’s because the cap didn’t go up as was expected before COVID was a thing? Easier to take back picks than contracts.
Things are going to get interesting in OKC. They’ve got so many picks - more than they can probably use - and veterans they are surely going to flip for even more picks.

Wow - Schröder to the Lakers. That is a really interesting move.
This is gonna be another great season.

As a Lehigh alum and Sixers fan, I firmly (and irrationally) believe that CJ would have been a Sixer if the Blazers didn’t man the run to the WCF two years ago. Last year was almost a throw away without Nurk and Collins and they put on a nice run in the bubble to at least make the playoffs. And RoCo’s defense is a much needed asset. Clearly they think they’re a piece or two from going toe to toe with the big dogs and I like the confidence! I love the move and I’m excited to cheer for Covington again, just surprised they had to give up so much to get him.

As a Sixers fan also, nabbing CJ would have been awesome. Don't know how Harden would fit in if the rumours are true.

Who’s tuning in for the draft tonight?

NBA Don't watch don't care.

Bye Big Al...

Bye Big Al...

Man, that turned into a bad signing quick. It was never going to age well but to have to give up a first to get rid of him that quickly is not good.

Man, that turned into a bad signing quick. It was never going to age well but to have to give up a first to get rid of him that quickly is not good.
I feel like we signed him just so he’d stop shutting down Embiid every time they faced each other 😆 I’m trying to block out all of the negativity of the Horford era and just be happy we have Danny Green now. It’s hard.

Draft picks are definitely becoming more and more valuable, due to cap constraints. The back half of rosters have to be filled with “cheap” talent. Rookie scale contracts coming from lower draft picks are some of the most inexpensive talent available.

I wonder if the Thunder cut Horford.

I wonder if the Thunder cut Horford.

I would say not immediately. They have two fantastic mentors in Rubio and Horford for their young talent and they likely won't be competing anyway. Maybe he can have a resurgence this year and play up his value a la Chris Paul?

clearly this was a salary dump aimed at getting harden correct?
Oh gosh who knows! Philly, Brooklyn, Boston, apparently Harden is looking for some colder weather!

Oh man. Just saw a flash on my phone that Klay suffered an injury to his leg.

There’s talk about Westbrook coming to Raptors I’m very against that, we don’t have time for that negativity. Hard pass. The only player I would like to join up is Giannis. Since Masai pretty much brought him to the US think he owes the guy

Ah damn, not official but saw that Klay tore his Achilles

Boring start to the draft.

Ah damn, not official but saw that Klay tore his Achilles
That’s brutal for the team and for Klay. Man that stinks, I don’t like the Warriors, but I love watching them play.
Boring start to the draft.
I’m surprised. I assume the asking price was too high for #1 or #2.

Gonna see any of this with Melo?
1605749209842.gif

This is the stuff I’m talking about! Awesome stuff for Obi Toppin. Congratulations to that young man!

Back