Here we go.

This surely is a growing problem.
I am by no means a proponent for herd immunity nor a science or health professional, but you would think soon teams will have significantly less players able to be infected having already tested positive?

I am by no means a proponent for herd immunity nor a science or health professional, but you would think soon teams will have significantly less players able to be infected having already tested positive?
The thing that I don’t understand is that some who have already had it, like Kevin Durrant, are put back into the protocol, if exposed. It seems as if the NBA is treating it as if there is no immunity whatsoever.

Like you, I have no medical expertise.

The thing that I don’t understand is that some who have already had it, like Kevin Durrant, are put back into the protocol, if exposed. It seems as if the NBA is treating it as if there is no immunity whatsoever.

Interesting, I didn’t realize that. I’ll have to ask my wife about it. Looks like the league is meeting in the coming days to discuss this growing concern.

CJ McCollum is a bad man!

Not a doctor but company I work for is biotech company and maker of Remdesivir
No substantial evidence that once you’ve contracted and recovered you can’t be reinfected. Also, remember there is different strain that’s been reported

edit: clarifying... no clinical study evidence either pro or con at this point

2 games in a row and we lose by 1 PT. Wow intense for sure. Birthday boy did his thing tonight very impressed by his play

Hornets have won four in a row. Melo had a triple double making him the youngest in NBA history to have one. Young fun team to watch

Hornets have won four in a row. Melo had a triple double making him the youngest in NBA history to have one. Young fun team to watch
We dont have a team in Buffalo but i love basketball and enjoy watching NBA games. Wasnt sure how Lamelo Ball would do in the NBA. But having seen him and the Hornets play they are fun to watch. Ill be looking forward to watching more of their games .

Melo leads the Hornets in rebounding. He is maybe 180lbs. He is very talented and his shot isn't half as bad as his brothers. Haywood is very talented and a good mentor to this group. i dont miss kemba so much anymore.

Melo leads the Hornets in rebounding. He is maybe 180lbs. He is very talented and his shot isn't half as bad as his brothers. Haywood is very talented and a good mentor to this group. i dont miss kemba so much anymore.
Hayward is a very good player. We have mixed feelings about him here in Utah, with the way he handled his departure, but he is a good player. I am always happy to see somebody overcome a horrific injury. While not nearly as serious as Alex Smith’s (of the NFL), Gordon‘s was awful.

Sixers are killing me. Nice to get a win though.

What in the world is going on in Kyrie’s head?

Likewise I am not a science or health professional. But, this is a huge problem for the NBA going forward. I did hear and read that they believe there may have been some false positives in the prior test results. I assume that the testing has gotten better as far as determining results so there would be some merit in that.

Likewise I am not a science or health professional. But, this is a huge problem for the NBA going forward. I did hear and read that they believe there may have been some false positives in the prior test results. I assume that the testing has gotten better as far as determining results so there would be some merit in that.
I did see there have been players testing positive a second time, so that is not helping. And you’re starting to get pushback from some of the players... definitely an ongoing concern in more ways than one.

That Lakers vs. Rockets game last night... Is that what Houston looks like every game? It was like they were playing at 60% effort. Then after the game Harden publicly says they are broken and not fixable and Wall says he and Harden could be better. I hope they own their own draft pick for next season because it looks like its going to be a good one.

I did see there have been players testing positive a second time, so that is not helping. And you’re starting to get pushback from some of the players... definitely an ongoing concern in more ways than one.

I read George Hill's comment. He's a respected veteran in the league. I see continued issues going forward with how things are and with the evolving health and safety protocols that the league is adopting.

What in the world is going on in Kyrie’s head?
I truly believe that Kyrie has some mental illness of some type that is becoming mor acute by the year. This is why I always wondered if the Nets would be a contender. Kyrie’s issues become a cancer on team building and it is not situational, as it manifested itself in Cleveland, Boston and, now, New Jersey. It’s too bad that these things play out on a stage because mental illness is real, but that is the nature of somebody who becomes a public figure.

I truly believe that Kyrie has some mental illness of some type that is becoming mor acute by the year. This is why I always wondered if the Nets would be a contender. Kyrie’s issues become a cancer on team building and it is not situational, as it manifested itself in Cleveland, Boston and, now, New Jersey. It’s too bad that these things play out on a stage because mental illness is real, but that is the nature of somebody who becomes a public figure.
I haven't been following. What's been going on with him?

I read George Hill's comment. He's a respected veteran in the league. I see continued issues going forward with how things are and with the evolving health and safety protocols that the league is adopting.
It is difficult to reconcile the owners’ desire to protect their business interests, players’ unwillingness to take major pay cuts (look at the contracts offered and accepted over the offseason, everybody knowing the types of challenges) and an ongoing worldwide Black Swan event that directly impacts the entertainment industry as much as any other. I don’t see how the players can have it both ways. They either have to give up their income or live in isolation.

It is difficult to reconcile the owners’ desire to protect their business interests, players’ unwillingness to take major pay cuts (look at the contracts offered and accepted over the offseason, everybody knowing the types of challenges) and an ongoing worldwide Black Swan event that directly impacts the entertainment industry as much as any other. I don’t see how the players can have it both ways. They either have to give up their income or live in isolation.

Agree completely, especially with the bolded.

I tend to believe there is a mental issue at play as well. If you look at his actions and comments he's made in the past, there seems to be more going on than someone being high maintenance. This is pure speculation on my part, but I hope he has someone in his life who is looking out for his best interests.

I haven't been following. What's been going on with him?
He melts down mentally with every team and takes absences (I believe to recover and gather himself emotionally), but then has the unfortunate habit, which often accompanies mental illness, of lashing out and blaming others.

Back