Very fun run. One of my favorite title runs as a fan. Just so cool to see Steph, Klay and Draymond win it all after the last couple years. Just love those guys.

Tatum didn't show up for the finals.

Very fun run. One of my favorite title runs as a fan. Just so cool to see Steph, Klay and Draymond win it all after the last couple years. Just love those guys.

It's nice to have choices when it comes to favorite title runs

He showed up. The Celtics had problems executing on offense because of turnovers and a reliance of isolation. And then there was the Warriors defense.

Any team interested in the guy sitting at the chessboard? :LOL:
I wanted the Phillies to trade Girardi for Doc, but he was fired instead. Now I think we’re out of luck 😣

He still is so young. The Celts will learn from this. Horford is getting old, but the Celts aren’t going anywhere.

the C's need a better point guard and hopefully Tatum, Brown and others learn and grow from this. You can't expect a team that set records on turnovers to win against the Warriors. It was disappointing especially after the fast start. Once the Warriors clamped down on D the C's were stuck. Also the last 3 games they did not score more than 100 points in any of them. Tough to win that way against GS

Age is what will catch the Warriors soon. It seems pretty clear that Thompson will not ever be what he once was. Steph is 34. Draymond is showing his age at times. Maybe another year or two, but the window is closing, imho.
I wouldn't count out Klay getting back to 100% just yet. He still has the fastest release in the NBA and his quickness was improving every game which was very noticeable in his defensive improvements.
My favorite since the first title, such a great team and love seeing the guys get back after 2 years of injuries.

I wouldn't count out Klay getting back to 100% just yet. He still has the fastest release in the NBA and his quickness was improving every game which was very noticeable in his defensive improvements.

I would be thrilled if he did, even though I am not a Warriors fan. Those achilles are tough. There are few who have come back to be as impactful. The list of those who suffered the injury is pretty long, including Kobe, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Ewing, etc. Those who seem to have made a full recovery are Dominique Wilkins and Kevin Durant. We will hope for the best. He was one of the best quick release shooters of all time and a lock down defender.

Age is what will catch the Warriors soon. It seems pretty clear that Thompson will not ever be what he once was. Steph is 34. Draymond is showing his age at times. Maybe another year or two, but the window is closing, imho.
Not so sure about that. As others have noted, with Thompson's last injury it will be at least another year before you'd expect him to find his post injury ceiling. Jordan Poole keeps getting better and better. He's only 22 and on a comparable trajectory to some of the league's biggest stars. Kuminga and Moody just finished their rookie years and look promising, and let's not forget that James Wiseman did not play at all this year. The Warriors are a team with an excellent track record of picking and developing players. Then there is Wiggins. At his age, he should be at the beginning of his 5 most productive years.

Not so sure about that. As others have noted, with Thompson's last injury it will be at least another year before you'd expect him to find his post injury ceiling. Jordan Poole keeps getting better and better. He's only 22 and on a comparable trajectory to some of the league's biggest stars. Kuminga and Moody just finished their rookie years and look promising, and let's not forget that James Wiseman did not play at all this year. The Warriors are a team with an excellent track record of picking and developing players. Then there is Wiggins. At his age, he should be at the beginning of his 5 most productive years.
I'm pretty excited about the Warriors future. I think Steph, Draymond, Klay and Looney have a couple of good years left at a championship level.

Between Wiggins, Poole, Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman (he's a wildcard) we are pretty loaded with young talent ready to go.

Tough to watch the Celts go down in flames but hopefully it's not their only shot. Is a bit scary because the East is still gonna be pretty loaded next year so it's far from a certainty they make it back. Heard, and still hearing, rumblings on Tatums shoulder but was that a real thing or an excuse for poor play?

My comments were made within the context of the age of the three stars. It is tough to come back from those injuries in your 30’s. Most don’t. Time will tell for sure.

One thing I will say that is tangentially related is that I am thrilled for Wiggins. I loved his humility. I love the arc of his journey in the NBA. He seems like a genuinely nice young man, one that we all can root for.

Back