Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
The NBA season ended with the crowning of the Golden State Warriors as champions for the 4th time in 8 seasons. We all now look towards the next season, which begins with the draft this week, followed soon thereafter by free agency. Let’s get the discussion going on how these events will shape the league and our favorite teams for the upcoming year.

This draft is interesting from a depth perception, but generally speaking so little talent seems to come out of each draft class that its hard to get excited.

This will be the first year in a while after this move, that I probably opt for getting the NBA Package to watch more games though.

I enter this year without the looming shadow of Ben Simmons hanging over me, yet I struggle to find optimism heading into the new season.

I hope Embiid stays healthy this year and I hope Tyrese Maxey continues to develop, but outside of that I really don’t have any expectations for the Sixers.

Curious to see who is left for the Pistons at 5. I've watched more basketball this past season than I have in the last 20 years

I enter this year without the looming shadow of Ben Simmons hanging over me, yet I struggle to find optimism heading into the new season.

I hope Embiid stays healthy this year and I hope Tyrese Maxey continues to develop, but outside of that I really don’t have any expectations for the Sixers.
We root for teams in somewhat the same position. They threw all their chips in and didn’t get to championship level. Now they have few options, because they are capped out with veterans who aren’t good enough.

I think that this is the worst position that the Jazz Have been in since before the Stockton/Malone era because even the management is in turmoil, which never was the case. The Jazz have never had a good coach resign, unless there was somebody already there to take over, which is what happened when Frank Layden resigned to allow Jerry Sloan to take the reigns, just as Stockton and Malone were coming into their primes. It will be interesting to watch unfold.

I don't have any hope for the Sixers in the playoffs. I see Embiid and Harden trudging along, getting injured and showing some sparks of genius. I'll be just looking out for the younger roster members. I hope they make a decent trade though to keep me excited.

Can't wait for October.

This draft is interesting from a depth perception, but generally speaking so little talent seems to come out of each draft class that its hard to get excited.

This will be the first year in a while after this move, that I probably opt for getting the NBA Package to watch more games though.

It’s going to be interesting to see what Orlando does with the first pick. I see three names being mentioned - Holmgren, Banchero and Jabari Smith.

And for non draft related news this week, we have Kyrie and the Nets at an apparent impasse over an extension. Seeing reports of possible trade destinations. He is truly the gift that keeps giving.

And for non draft related news this week, we have Kyrie and the Nets at an apparent impasse over an extension. Seeing reports of possible trade destinations. He is truly the gift that keeps giving.
It’s fine, they have Ben Simmons…

The fact that someone will max him out blows my mind

Awful news today 😔

1655831588043.png

But like does it really even matter?

But like does it really even matter?

I guess he locks in another 47 M without having to play. I doubt anybody would pay him that voluntarily. Or am I missing your point? Sometimes I am slow on the uptake.

I guess he locks in another 47 M without having to play. I doubt anybody would pay him that voluntarily. Or am I missing your point? Sometimes I am slow on the uptake.
No you got it. Klutch move.

The NBA contracts are just obscene, especially with the guaranteed pay that comes with them.

The NBA contracts are just obscene, especially with the guaranteed pay that comes with them.
And the abuse, but here we are. Someone will pay Irving too, despite killing every team he has been on.

And the player options in the final year are the icing on the cake.

Here is a trade idea that would delight me to no end. How about the Nets re-sign Kyrie and then trade him to the Lakers for Westbrook? LeBron could be reunited with the guy who spurned him because he did not want to be number two and Durant could be reunited with the point guard who wouldn’t pass him the ball in OKC.

Who’s with me on this trade of ironies?

Here is a trade idea that would delight me to no end. How about the Nets re-sign Kyrie and then trade him to the Lakers for Westbrook? LeBron could be reunited with the guy who spurned him because he did not want to be number two and Durant could be reunited with the point guard who wouldn’t pass him the ball in OKC.

I’d like to see this. The only better one would be Kyrie going to the Knicks.

I would LOVE this

I’d like to see this. The only better one would be Kyrie going to the Knicks.
I would like to see the Knicks actually get good so no I would not want to see that lol. I can't imagine at this point any team really wanting Kyrie at least not a team with chemistry and is a contender. Great player , sometimes but he just can't be part of a team for some strange reason and always seems to be unhappy. I wonder how Kevin Durant feels about the situation.

I would like to see the Knicks actually get good so no I would not want to see that lol. I can't imagine at this point any team really wanting Kyrie at least not a team with chemistry and is a contender. Great player , sometimes but he just can't be part of a team for some strange reason and always seems to be unhappy. I wonder how Kevin Durant feels about the situation.

I was thinking just for the pleasure of reading the Post and the Daily News every day. :LOL:

Especially now that Golden State won another championship without him. That has to hurt his very fragile ego, having to accept that he was not indispensable in Golden State.

Back