If we are playing The Price is Right, my number that I think the two teams and related assets will sell for is 2.6 Billion. No, I am not joking.
I think this is a great guess. I won’t be shocked if it reaches $3b I don’t see how it is any less than $2.5b.

Would this team beat the Warriors (or any other of this year’s contenders)? I say, yes.

3609341B-B8FF-4510-A29A-B0CE0521DFF3.jpeg

Would this team beat the Warriors (or any other of this year’s contenders)? I say, yes.

View attachment 9122492
I am still convinced they would beat the Pistons in the Garden even when the Pistons scored more points.
So technically you’re correct.

Listening to Bill Simmons podcast. He’s speculating the suns will sell for $4.4b.

Listening to Bill Simmons podcast. He’s speculating the suns will sell for $4.4b.
Too high. The Suns don’t own the arena. Vegas has the line at $2.75B. Local sports guys say it will be closer to $3B than $2B.

Too high. The Suns don’t own the arena. Vegas has the line at $2.75B. Local sports guys say it will be closer to $3B than $2B.
Yeah, agree. My initial guess was $3b. Almost double the highest was way more than I would have guessed.

Yeah, agree. My initial guess was $3b. Almost double the highest was way more than I would have guessed.
The Nets were sold for over 3B. but that included the arena.

The Nets were sold for over 3B. but that included the arena.
Yeah that’s a huge piece. He included that in his speculation. But the group doesn’t own it that’s definitely going to reduce it. The Suns are a much bigger brand than the nets though so I would imagine they’ll be worth more.

Yeah that’s a huge piece. He included that in his speculation. But the group doesn’t own it that’s definitely going to reduce it. The Suns are a much bigger brand than the nets though so I would imagine they’ll be worth more.
Can you help me understand what ”a bigger brand” means to you? I would think that the Nets’ local tv rights are much more valuable than the Suns’, because Brooklyn’s viewership dwarfs Phoenix’s.

I think that the Suns will sell for more for two reasons. The first is simple supply and demand. The ultra rich have grown much richer over the last 20 years. The billionaires are trying to find assets where they can park their money. The League may expand, but the number of teams will always be very limited. Everyone was astounded when Ballmer paid 2 B for the Clips and now that investment looks very good. The number of ultra rich people who would like to own an NBA franchise will drive the price above what normal business metrics suggest the intrinsic value really is.

The second is that everyone is saying that the new broadcast deals are going to be very rich. Sports content is very valuable these days. This expectation helps these very rich people justify the extremely high prices that they pay for the prestige of owning an NBA franchise.

All just my own musings, of course.

Last edited:
Can you help me understand what ”a bigger brand” means to you? I would think that the Nets’ local tv rights are much more valuable than the Suns’, because Brooklyn’s viewership dwarfs Phoenix’s.

I think that the Suns will sell for more for two reasons. The first is simple supply and demand. The ultra rich have grown much richer over the last 29 years. The billionaires are trying to find assets where they can park their money. The League may expand, but the number of teams will always be very limited. Everyone was astounded when Ballmer paid 2 B for the Clips and now that investment looks very good. The number of ultra rich people who would like to own an NBA franchise will drive the price above what normal business metrics suggest the intrinsic value really is.

The second is that everyone is saying that the new broadcast deals are going to be very rich. Sports content is very valuable these days. This expectation helps these very rich people justify the extremely high prices that they pay for the prestige of owning an NBA franchise.

I agree with this.

I think that the Suns will sell for more for two reasons. The first is simple supply and demand. The ultra rich have grown much richer over the last 29 years. The billionaires are trying to find assets where they can park their money. The League may expand, but the number of teams will always be very limited. Everyone was astounded when Ballmer paid 2 B for the Clips and now that investment looks very good. The number of ultra rich people who would like to own an NBA franchise will drive the price above what normal business metrics suggest the intrinsic value really is.

Winner winner chicken dinner - you nailed it

I think of the nets as a bottom tier team. They are a second team in their market. They’ve never been a premier team. I think of them like the hornets or the pelicans. Just not a big team. When KD leaves they’ll go back to being irrelevant.

I think of the suns differently. They are snake bitten. But they aren’t a lower tier team. They just have a crappy owner that won’t spend.

a year for having a consensual relationship. something just seems really off here. anyone know any more info?

a year for having a consensual relationship. something just seems really off here. anyone know any more info?

Seems crazy, but some teams might have rules like this in place (even against consensual relationships) just to avoid potentially harmful situations. There's been a few teams lately in different sports that have dealt with accusations of being almost predatory cultures towards women involved with the franchise (Redskins come to mind, Suns now).

Probably due to stuff like that but that's pure speculation.

Sucks if this was a legit consensual relationship.

Seems crazy, but some teams might have rules like this in place (even against consensual relationships) just to avoid potentially harmful situations. There's been a few teams lately in different sports that have dealt with accusations of being almost predatory cultures towards women involved with the franchise (Redskins come to mind, Suns now).

Probably due to stuff like that but that's pure speculation.

Sucks if this was a legit consensual relationship.
a fine....10 games...something like that but a full year and no guarantees he even comes back, seems crazy. i get the things some companies have gone through because of inappropriate behavior ie WWE but dam

a fine....10 games...something like that but a full year and no guarantees he even comes back, seems crazy. i get the things some companies have gone through because of inappropriate behavior ie WWE but dam

Oh yeah i get it, i mean if i was suspended a year for every relationship at my last company ....lol

Big men + knee injuries = not good.

🤨

1664221869051.png

Back