NBC to shutdown the NBC Sports Network by end of 2021

all i know is we have 3 subscriptions (hulu+, netflix and HBO Max) and we aren't saving very much.

this was what I saw when we cut the cord briefly. Not only paying more for the services but also my internet usage went up and paid overage charges. We went back to satellite DTV (basic package to use that login credentials on apps) and bundled Hulu/Disney/ESPN. Amazon prime is included with our annual Amazon subscription and we pay less now.

granted we are a house of 4 with 14 devices so our experience is a touch different

Last edited:
I'm not paying for NBC Sports Gold AND Peacock.

I'm not paying for NBC Sports Gold AND Peacock.

i think now it will all just be Peacock. Curious how PGA Tour Live adapts as they were part of the NBCSN platform

this was what I saw when we cut the cord briefly. Not only paying more for the services but also my internet usage went up and paid overage charges. We went back to satellite DTV (basic package to use that login credentials on apps) and bundled Hulu/Disney/ESPN. Amazon prime is included with our annual Amazon subscription and we pay less now.

granted we are a house of 4 with 14 devices so our experience is a touch different
Yes, The internet cost has to taken into account for the streaming, Luckily i have a local provider that offers 400mbps and i have unlimited on the data usage

Yes, The internet cost has to taken into account for the streaming,
Wellll... <waggles hand> That depends.

We've had an Internet connection for much longer than we've had any streaming services. <looks...> We've been with Comcast since 2007. We had an IDSL connection for three years before that. Dial-up Internet before that. Our very first streaming service was Netflix. We started that in 2011. Even if we killed every last streaming service we'd still have Internet service. And, being the bottom-tier Business Class package, we'd have the same service level at the same cost. So I don't count the cost of Internet service towards our monthly streaming costs.

YMMV

Apps & subscriptions.......it’s coming & actually already here.

yep.. it will up costing you more to see what you want.. you will have to have Disney for one show, Netflix for another prime for this Hulu for that, then a dozen individual apps for each sport you want.. it’s really getting annoying...

I’m not big on tuning in sports anymore save for some golf tournaments

yep, we sat down and said, what do we not want to miss or what can we wait for it to be free on the net at the end of the season. I watch Golf. I do not watch Hockey, Baseball on tv, i do not watch NFL, any college game i watch will be on local free. I watch Golf......it was easy decision for me

Last edited:
Probably all going to Peacock so it's under one roof, then they can charge more for the full service or upcharge off the basic option.

I've got YouTubeTV....at $65/month and it gets me all I want and need, plus the free DVR.

Only other thing I pay for is Netflix.

So, when I compare it to what I was paying with DirecTV, I'm saving money....so far.

Just curious to those that are cord cutters, if you have subscriptions to Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and others, don’t you just have an app called cable? 😂

I think I saw a comedy skit on that.

Free TV became Cable, cord cutters went to Netflix, soon we all will have subscriptions to multiple streams and combine them into cable. 😂
We have Netflix Disney and YouTube TV plus my internet bill and I STILL pay way less than cable. But even at the same price, I wouldn’t switch because my 3 year old watches Disney everything which mostly isn’t available on cable and almost all the TV shows I watch are on Netflix. I don’t miss cable either as I can stream from my phone or IPad from anywhere.

You pay more than I do for cable

Until year two dude.

Read the fine print, 😂

Once that first $250.00 bill arrives with a notice that you can’t cancel for 12 months, go ahead and get back to me.

(I hope I’m wrong)

Until year two dude.

Read the fine print, 😂

Once that first $250.00 bill arrives with a notice that you can’t cancel for 12 months, go ahead and get back to me.

(I hope I’m wrong)

I shall also point out it was a one time once a year purchase so I could watch the Buckeyes and the Browns fail.

So I’m back down to zero.

Am I wrong?

Generally, I always call Directv to say I am going to cancel and they simply give me a bunch of discounts to keep as a customer. Almost everyone I know that has Directv does this.

Bill ends up being about 150 a month. Not saying that isn’t a high bill, but it does include 11 TVs, all stations including the Pay stations like HBO, Showtime exc., and the NFL Sunday Ticket.

I am one of those gluttons as I do have Netflix, CBS All Access, Disney+, and Amazon Prime.

NBC to shutdown the NBC Sports Network by end of 2021. I have no idea what is going on at NBC but it isn’t good. Are they going to fold Golf too? Geez!
Thats a bummer for those of us who are fans of English Premier League too. I guess NBC just wants everyone to start paying for Peacock in order to watch this stuff.

I shall also point out it was a one time once a year purchase so I could watch the Buckeyes and the Browns fail.

So I’m back down to zero.

Am I wrong?
As a Buckeye fan, youve got nothing to complain about. Trust me, the rest of us are sick and tired of having to watch them win the Big Ten every year.

Wow that is interesting! A very different world in the States than up here in Canada.

I don't have cable. We shut that down 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Definitely have streaming services though: Netflix, Amazon TSN, and I pay for the NHL package. Averages out to around $40/month. WAY less than the $120/month we were paying, and that didn't include the NHL package!

Man, I guess that sucks for people that use that service. the content will move somewhere... it's just a matter of finding it. And then paying for the subscription... this is something I'm tiring of... more and more streaming options all wanting my money and not offering me anything I want to really watch.

Back