Need a Forgiving Putter

scotty

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to buy a new putter. I am looking for something that is ridiculously forgiving and is under the price of $150 what would you guys suggest?

Forgiving in putters is different than most clubs. It depends what you struggle with. If it is keeping the putter on line, a SeeMore with RST will be one of the best options. If it is something else, try a heavier mallet perhaps.

I just bought the Rife IMO. I wasn't in the market for a new putter and don't consider myself a terrible putter, but every time I walked into a golf store and messed around with the putters, this putter felt like I was cheating because everything just went in the hole. Finally decided to buy it for the sake of saving a couple strokes.

I'd recommend trying this putter out next time your at the golf shop.

I just bought myself one of a Bocceri Heavy Putter. I almost bought one a few years ago at full price. Went into Dicks a couple weeks ago, and they had them for $80. I also had a $10 coupon so that made it only slightly more than I saw them new on Ebay for. I'd look them up! It is definitley hard to make anything but a smooth stroke with them. I'm terribly at judging speed, so i can't really compare it in that aspect to anything. However when I make a good aggresive (for me) swing, the stroke is almost always on the line I want, and almost always ends up very close. I think after some more rounds with it, I'll be even happier.

Also to add, being so heavy, it isn't nearly as affected by off center hits, and the negatives associated with that.

odyssey white hot xg if it doesnt go straight something is wrong and the ball feels like butter coming off of it

I have a TM itsy bitsy spider in rotation, that thing is so perimeter weighted that if you hit it anywhere on the face it still rolls straight at the target

I'd think other large mallets would offer the same forgiveness,

I also have used for years an old Ping Pal 5, which is a blade style putter but has a 1.5"-2" longer blade length. Ping has a couple of these longer blades available (although you'd probably have to special order as I doubt you'd stumble across one at a store), but would look something like http://www.mortongolfsales.com/PING...owin_5_KS_Putter_p/ping_gowin_5_ks_putter.htm

Yea I likde the TM spider I think I'm going to buy that one

i think there's one for sell here in the "market place", you might want to check that out.

Odyssey Sabretooth. If you cant putt with that thing, something is very wrong.

Back