Need a new cart bag. Ping or SM 2017

dooku77

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in market for a new bag and I have it narrowed down to 2 bags. The Ping Pioneer and the Sun Mountain C130 both 2017 models. I was wondering if anyone could provide input as to build and zipper quality.
8d883d1776c58bdc0c1e1d65cc385733.jpeg

c409c6e57ce6d3bc53a5d034f9198646.jpeg

The Ping Pioneer!!!! By Far!!!
I got rid of a brand new Sun Mountain C130 to get the Ping Pioneer bag....100% better,,,no comparison...
The Ping will stand up by itself..the Sun Mountain would constantly fall over....If you put stuff in the side pockets of the Sun Mountain the bag would really expand and lose its shape..The side pockets on the Ping keep there shape and don't expand out. Both have nice top sections with individual dividers and they both have plenty of pockets.
I love my Ping Pioneer bag!!!
Good Luck and hope this helps
Joe

I have the ping pioneer, and use it on my clicgear cart. Love it. Only problem is its too good, I don't have enough golf stuff to fill all the pockets.
The cooler pocket works great. I no longer bring my clicgear cooler bag along.

I have the ping pioneer, and use it on my clicgear cart. Love it. Only problem is its too good, I don't have enough golf stuff to fill all the pockets.
The cooler pocket works great. I no longer bring my clicgear cooler bag along.

Do you have the Pioneer II or the original? I have the original and my only frustration with it is the clubs getting 'stuck' at times. Both while putting them in or getting them out. Other than that I really like the bag.

A few years ago I would have said sun mountain and it wouldn't have been close, but the build quality on the standard SM bags has really dropped off in IMHO.

As another poster mentioned they have become very top heavy and will tilt over with seemingly very little pressure. If I got a new bag I don't think I would have the c130 in my top 5. Ping has been making some very solid bags and while I haven't used it I have heard nothing but good things about the Pioneer.

I was looking at cart bags while reading this post. I went to Budget Golf and got the DLX with a 30% discount...GREAT DEAL. The DLX has a few more pockets and a pocket for a range finder which I thought was great. My Ogio was starting to rip and this was a warranty replacement for my original bag. Never had a Ping bag before so I thought, why not!

The DLX is a nice bag...I bought one at the beginning of the season...What I didn't like is a very small detail, the DLX didn't have the small pockets at the top on each side..I am always using these pockets, I sold the DLX to a friend and bought the Pioneer. I couldn't be happier with a golf bag. My wife was saying that I am with golf bags like she is with pocketbooks....She is right!

I've have a traverse for a year now, very similar bag. The only problem I had with it was that 2 of the zipper pulls broke pretty quickly. The string pulled out of the tab. I called Ping CS and they sent me 3 replacements no charge. I installed them and haven't had another issue. Although I am a little more gentle when opening pockets, I tend to pull the string instead of the tab. It's a nice bag though.

I hate 14/15-way bags. I much prefer a 6-or-7 way top. That's why I chose the Sun Mountain C130 7-way.

I've got the SM c130S as it gave the functionality of a 14 way cart bag with the added legs as I got tired of my old callaway cart bag falling over at the range.

I've had it for 4-5 months and have no complaints so far. Goes to the course 2-3 times a week and still looks new.

Do you have the Pioneer II or the original? I have the original and my only frustration with it is the clubs getting 'stuck' at times. Both while putting them in or getting them out. Other than that I really like the bag.
Not sure won it last year. And yes the front middle hole is sticky.
115363731d7f90c92a3a65ff4acbadc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I like the black on both. But I'd opt for the PING bag. 14 way, and a nice slot for the putter. I've never owned a 14 way but this is nice!

Damn you guys are great. Looks like I'll be going to the store when they open and purchasing a ping cart bag to replace my SM stand bag. I've never owned a Ping bag. There's one Pioneer left at my local store and I loved the looks of it and never considered if it would fall over like the SM. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, here she is. I almost missed it because it was holding the drivers for sale at Dicks Sporting Goods. Last one in stock. After gift card, coupon and 30.00 in rewards dollars I got the bag for 80 out of pocket. I'm so overjoyed with it.
72f2eb47b7d20639c7474fa582f61606.jpg

Back