NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

Nate<80

Team Hackers, Morgan Cup 2022
Reaction score
Handicap
11.3 Grint
Currently playing the Adams Pro Hybrid 20*👇. It is the first hybrid I have ever owned, I was hitting it well on the simulator when I bought it but I am not a huge fan of it now. I feel like when I miss, I miss BAD with this thing. Looking for something more forgiving with newer technology. Any suggestions?

unnamed.jpg

I have the a12 so we are in the same boat. Although I never hit mine. I don't have a suggestion so I am going to follow this thread and look for recomendations.

H65.jpg Srixon H65

I have the a12 so we are in the same boat. Although I never hit mine. I don't have a suggestion so I am going to follow this thread and look for recomendations.

I saw one of those the other day for $14.. Not a good sign :ROFLMAO: No offense..

Titleist 816 H1. Should be able to get one fairly cheap too. Best Hybrid I've played and it will take something very special to replace it.

If you want newer, I don't know.

Did you play multiple Hybrids to eventually get to the H65?

Yes, for decades I've swung many hybrids including Ping, Callaway, Adams, Mizuno, Titleist, KZG, and TaylorMade. The Srixon H65 with stock Miyazaki shaft is the best; I have 16*, 19* and 22* lofts.

Titleist 816 H1. Should be able to get one fairly cheap too. Best Hybrid I've played and it will take something very special to replace it.

If you want newer, I don't know.

Looks like those are around $50-$60 used, not bad.

Looks like those are around $50-$60 used, not bad.
It's a couple models old, but I like it better than the Titleist 818's. I will admit tho, I haven't hit any of the newer models from other OEM's.
That will change here once this virus stuff is over and I can get the new Cobra SZ hybrid out and hit it. Heard a lot of good about it too.

It's a couple models old, but I like it better than the Titleist 818's. I will admit tho, I haven't hit any of the newer models from other OEM's.
That will change here once this virus stuff is over and I can get the new Cobra SZ hybrid out and hit it. Heard a lot of good about it too.
Yes, for decades I've swung many hybrids including Ping, Callaway, Adams, Mizuno, Titleist, KZG, and TaylorMade. The Srixon H65 with stock Miyazaki shaft is the best; I have 16*, 19* and 22* lofts.

That is quite the array of experience. Great to know, thanks for the feedback. I am planning on building a Top 3 based off of THP feedback and demoing the list.

Ben Hogan VKTR hybrid! $135 on www.benhogangolf.com I might have a promo code too, if you want it! As you can see, won't be a huge adjustment period!;)
HoganHybrid-847.jpg

Super Hybrid 20° - you’re welcome

I'd try the Tour Edge Exotics EX220 - I think it's a distance bomber and @Jman likes it a lot.

That is quite the array of experience. Great to know, thanks for the feedback. I am planning on building a Top 3 based off of THP feedback and demoing the list.

Good hybrid shaft is imperative. Unlike the other brands, Srixon H65 offers a Made in Japan high quality shaft as the stock option.

Last edited:
Excellent. @Jman? What are your thoughts? Top 3 I should look at?
Fantastic hybrid. Tremendous price too.

But, it’s on the bigger side, so thats something to keep in mind. It’s ousted my Mavrik.

I have loved the Cobra SpeedZone hybrid 3 I have. I was not a big hybrid fan before that club.

A lot of people like the Cleveland Launcher Halo Hybrid. Might be another to look into.

Fantastic hybrid. Tremendous price too.

But, it’s on the bigger side, so thats something to keep in mind. It’s ousted my Mavrik.

That's two votes for the EX220. I will certainly be looking into it.

Mavrik or SpeedZone if you had to choose?

A lot of people like the Cleveland Launcher Halo Hybrid. Might be another to look into.

Don't know much about Cleveland products. Will have to do some reading 🤓

That's two votes for the EX220. I will certainly be looking into it.

Mavrik or SpeedZone if you had to choose?
Mavrik and not even remotely close. Cobra hybrids are just, so so.

Back