NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

Mavrik.

Callaway Mavrik.

i'm a huge fan of the 18 BB hybrid...it's the bees knees.

Not embarrassed to say it but go cobra king speedzone! I love the way this baby feels.

Cobra Speedzone. I was blown away by them at my fitting for my Morgan Cup set. :cool:(y)

Mavrik Standard or Max. I have the standard, very forgiving and it's a hammer!

Mavrik Standard or Max. I have the standard, very forgiving and it's a hammer!
Im in on the Standard, though I think the EXS 220 is every bit as good, and cheaper, but the Max is ginormous .

Well, When the Stores open, I will have to go try these

Very interesting to see the wide variety of recommendations. I was hoping to see 5 guys all say the same thing, this makes it difficult 🤔

I have loved the Cobra SpeedZone hybrid 3 I have. I was not a big hybrid fan before that club.

Just switching to the Speedback for Driver and loving it, this might be the time to explore Cobra in the Hybrid game.

Very interesting to see the wide variety of recommendations. I was hoping to see 5 guys all say the same thing, this makes it difficult 🤔
Welcome to THP!

I'm intrigued by the Super Hybrid. I always ask myself, why play a hybrid when I can play a Super Hybrid? Maverik does seem well received too though. Cant go wrong there.

I'm intrigued by the Super Hybrid. I always ask myself, why play a hybrid when I can play a Super Hybrid? Maverik does seem well received too though. Cant go wrong there.

Haha, good point. I am just trying to build a top 3, and then go testing!

I just haven't had much success with Callaway hybrids. Did not like Rogue - long but needed more height. The Tour Edge EX10 was the best looking hybrid of all time but needed the right shaft. I've had the most success with the PXG hybrids since 2016 with the Tensei CK Pro Red 70. Was looking for a 19 Hybrid but did not want to spend $400, and hit the new EXS 220 - it got up in the air, felt great, looked good, if a little big, and bombed for distance. Need to hit it again when this "thing" is over. I hit the Callaway, but preferred the EXS 220 in all ways, including price.

Those Adams Pro series hybrids weren't super forgiving. They set up beautifully behind the ball and felt sweet when hit solid but didn't provide a ton of forgiveness.

I just picked up a TM M6 hybrid and I really like the way it sets behind the ball and my first range session (range is closed hitting my own balls alone and shagging them) was positive. Not sure when it is going to see the course though as that is the true test.

Those Adams Pro series hybrids weren't super forgiving. They set up beautifully behind the ball and felt sweet when hit solid but didn't provide a ton of forgiveness.

I just picked up a TM M6 hybrid and I really like the way it sets behind the ball and my first range session (range is closed hitting my own balls alone and shagging them) was positive. Not sure when it is going to see the course though as that is the true test.

Yes, exactly! The forgiveness is poor. I loved the look, setup, and feel when striking it perfectly and seeing it travel 235 yards.. But it is not often enough.

I will take a look at that TM M6, keep me in the loop on how you like it.

I just haven't had much success with Callaway hybrids. Did not like Rogue - long but needed more height. The Tour Edge EX10 was the best looking hybrid of all time but needed the right shaft. I've had the most success with the PXG hybrids since 2016 with the Tensei CK Pro Red 70. Was looking for a 19 Hybrid but did not want to spend $400, and hit the new EXS 220 - it got up in the air, felt great, looked good, if a little big, and bombed for distance. Need to hit it again when this "thing" is over. I hit the Callaway, but preferred the EXS 220 in all ways, including price.

Awesome, thanks. I am not overly concerned by the size of the EXS, if it goes long and straight.. I am in. I definitely will be checking that out.

Really, really like my Ping G410s. I wouldn't exclude them; suspect Ping is coming out with a refreshed line in the fall as the price of these are going down. They work so well for me.

Callaway 2019 Big Bertha! A steal on CPO now.

Just added Taylormade SIM Max Rescue with a Mitsubishi AV Blue 70HY shaft to my bag. Looking forward to getting out and playing with it soon.

Really, really like my Ping G410s. I wouldn't exclude them; suspect Ping is coming out with a refreshed line in the fall as the price of these are going down. They work so well for me.

I have never gamed any Pings, maybe I wait for their new line?

They’ve been mentioned multiple times, but I would reiterate that the top 3 to test

VKTR
Mavrik Standard
EXS220

I was an Adams Pro player for years, including using the Pro 9031 before moving to the model you own.

I then went over to Callaway Apex, as the heads were pretty much the same in shape/size but much more forgiving IMO. Still have that ‘iron’ style feel though.

You may lose some of that feeling in the Mav and EXS, but you’ll still get it from the VKTR. The other two will however give you that ‘wow’ factor for flight and forgiveness that the VKTR may just lack a bit. But YMMV of course.

Back