Need a recommendation for new grips please!

Lamkin UTx and Z5 grips are both great high quality options at reasonable prices.

I also play gloveless and had been a fan of winn dri tacs. This season I tried Super stroke cross comforts and thought they were better than the Winns. A bit firmer, great when I was sweating heavy and wear a lot better than the Winns. Really liked them and don't plan on trying anything new next year.

For any player considering new grips , I think grip size (and weight) should be a primary criteria influencing the decision.

Check your local golf stores. I think most Golf Galaxy shops do free grip install if you purchase the grips from them in-store. They do here and that ended up being cheaper than buying online and paying for install for my recent new grips.

Check your local golf stores. I think most Golf Galaxy shops do free grip install if you purchase the grips from them in-store. They do here and that ended up being cheaper than buying online and paying for install for my recent new grips.
I checked Golf Galaxy and PGA Superstore when I was back in Phoenix this Summer; I had sticker shock there too (and at least one of those stores had an installation charge on top). On eBay, I can order most any grip in a kit that comes with 13 grips, solvent and tape and I can save quite a bit of money. I miss GolfSmith - they had really reasonable grip prices and installed free...

I also play gloveless and had been a fan of winn dri tacs. This season I tried Super stroke cross comforts and thought they were better than the Winns. A bit firmer, great when I was sweating heavy and wear a lot better than the Winns. Really liked them and don't plan on trying anything new next year.
I saw the SuperStroke grips on eBay and they looked really interesting. I'd say the one knock I had with the Winn Dri Tacs was the overly soft feel. I assume you get some humidity in MA, but they use the term "relative" for a reason, LOL - I'd never go back to Houston if I didn't have too...

If you buy grips on eBay, expect to get what you pay for since many are fakes. Good grips aren’t cheap. The MCC from GP or even the Lamkin full cord grips are great, but you will pay $9 - $10 each for them.

If you buy grips on eBay, expect to get what you pay for since many are fakes. Good grips aren’t cheap. The MCC from GP or even the Lamkin full cord grips are great, but you will pay $9 - $10 each for them.
Pricing for grips really has jumped since I last regripped some years ago. That invites counterfeits as well as healthy competition. I now see new names such as Saplize and Champkey. They look like high-quality grips for an attractive price, but I'm not sure how they compare to the established manufacturers.

I am really liking my Winn DriTacs. 3rd time out with them since I installed on my clubs and no callousing on my hands. (y)

The Pure grips are right in your wheelhouse for price. Pro and DTX in midsize would work well for you. I believe they are 5.50 a grip. Quality grip that has great feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Pure grips are right in your wheelhouse for price. Pro and DTX in midsize would work well for you. I believe they are 5.50 a grip. Quality grip that has great feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I've been looking hard at the Pure grips and reviews are excellent. I'm going to play in Houston over Thanksgiving and I hope some of the guys at my home course have some Pure grips so I can feel them.

I’ve got Larkin Crossline oversize on woods and just bought a new set of Taylormade Rocketbladez that I need to regrip because the grips are killing my arthritic hands. Any suggestions for a good arthritic grip? I’ve read the reviews on Lamkins, but they haven’t been stellar so I’m thinking of finding something different.

I’ve got Larkin Crossline oversize on woods and just bought a new set of Taylormade Rocketbladez that I need to regrip because the grips are killing my arthritic hands. Any suggestions for a good arthritic grip? I’ve read the reviews on Lamkins, but they haven’t been stellar so I’m thinking of finding something different.

I just changed mine out to Winn DriTacs, they were relatively inexpensive for 13 of them via Amazon. LINK
They don’t last . nice and soft, but, deteriorate quickly

Back