Need a recommendation for new grips please!

pattyboy21

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Whoa! I'm looking at 13x grip sets on eBay and it seems prices have skyrocketed!

I'll be moving back to Houston indefinitely starting Feb. 2020 and I need to regrip my entire set. It's been a long time since I bought new grips and I've never played the same grip across all 13 clubs (not worried about my putter).

NEEDS: I don't use a glove, so something that will work in the high humidity (cord, 1/2-cord, new tech???)
I'd prefer to stay at or below the $6/per grip range, so $78 for 13 (I'm seeing GolfPride and Lamkin sets of 13 on eBay for $150+??)
Midsize

WANTS: Cheaper the better! I'm seeing new brands like Saplize and Champkey with very attractive pricing; not sure about quality there.
A reminder. I've never used grips with reminders but the idea appeals to me.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions THP!

I just changed mine out to Winn DriTacs, they were relatively inexpensive for 13 of them via Amazon. LINK

I just changed mine out to Winn DriTacs, they were relatively inexpensive for 13 of them via Amazon. LINK
Are they good in humid conditions Vdub? Not sure where Rockwall is but Houston is a freaking sauna!

I'm gloveless and keep going back to the Lamkin Crosslines. Check this deal out I just googled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Lamkin-...618?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0
Those would be perfect with a little cord! I've used Lamkin Crosslines in both Orlando and Houston before and have had troubles with sweaty hands (I'm actually replacing a Lamkin tour wrap type grip that I can no longer find - they worked great for the first couple of years).

My hands sweat profusely when it's humid, and Houston is just ridiculous...

Whoa! I'm looking at 13x grip sets on eBay and it seems prices have skyrocketed!

I'll be moving back to Houston indefinitely starting Feb. 2020 and I need to regrip my entire set. It's been a long time since I bought new grips and I've never played the same grip across all 13 clubs (not worried about my putter).

NEEDS: I don't use a glove, so something that will work in the high humidity (cord, 1/2-cord, new tech???)
I'd prefer to stay at or below the $6/per grip range, so $78 for 13 (I'm seeing GolfPride and Lamkin sets of 13 on eBay for $150+??)
Midsize

WANTS: Cheaper the better! I'm seeing new brands like Saplize and Champkey with very attractive pricing; not sure about quality there.
A reminder. I've never used grips with reminders but the idea appeals to me.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions THP!

Good luck finding a quality, mid-sized, corded grip for $6/each. I used to play the Winn DriTac, but decided to move to a rubber grip because durability became an issue. I have since tried the Tour Velvet Align midsize, Tour Velvet midsize, Tour Velvet .58 core with extra wraps, and now Tour Velvet +4. I also have the MCC +4 on my fairway woods. I love the +4 and when I regrip next, I'll likely go to MCC +4 on all 13 of my swing clubs.

Lamkin UTX. Usually you can find deals if you look around. A great grip that I’ve used with or without gloves.

Are they good in humid conditions Vdub? Not sure where Rockwall is but Houston is a freaking sauna!
Rockwall is outside of Dallas where we have humidity, but not Houston humidity. I like them, have had them on drivers until I went to all clubs with this grip just recently after I went to midsize on the grips.

The other grip I was considering changing to on all clubs was Lamkin Sonar. Those are really nice ones too.

I also use Winn dritacs. Very happy with them. I don't use a glove.

Lamkin Z5s would probably fit your criteria.

MCC Align on my woods, MCC+4 Align on my irons. For sweaty palms, I use a small bottle of Dial roll-on, just roll on your palms, stays dry. On really bad days reapply at the turn.

Don’t think I’ve seen a grip for less then $6. Dang everything in California is costly.

Lamkin UTX. Usually you can find deals if you look around. A great grip that I’ve used with or without gloves.
I just put these on. I don't use a glove and they are a good level of tacky.

Grip master. They are leather and fantastic. Either the Roos or the Kidd’s for a cheaper option. I’ll never use another grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCC Align on my woods, MCC+4 Align on my irons. For sweaty palms, I use a small bottle of Dial roll-on, just roll on your palms, stays dry. On really bad days reapply at the turn.
Genius! Why didn't I think of that???
I've used this liquid stuff that turns into a white powder but it is a huge mess and needs to be applied every 3-4 holes. I'm definitely going to try this because my hands are wet rags all day long in Houston...

Royal Grip X-Treme

$17.94
golfworks.com

Got this deal, 12 grips for $18 if you wanna save a buck!!

I’ve typically have played the Lamkin UTx, but after swing the Golf Pride Tour Wrap Microsuede I may be changing. Held up in the heat and rain the day before.

I know there is a thread where a few THPers put these to the test.

Royal Grip X-Treme

$17.94
golfworks.com

Got this deal, 12 grips for $18 if you wanna save a buck!!
Whoa! My only experience with Royal grip was on a rental set some years ago; they looked exactly like this. Those grips were very thin and very firm (almost like plastic). Love the price though!

Honestly, the best grip I ever had for the Houston humidity was made by Medalist (and I still have this grip on a single club - my Zevo hybrid). The grips were dirt cheap and firm, with a really knobby texture. But they never wore out and I could play them with my hands soaking wet.

I am a fan of Pure grips. I use Jumbos, but that my hand size and shape call for that, I would not recommend that size for most people

I am a fan of Pure grips. I use Jumbos, but that my hand size and shape call for that, I would not recommend that size for most people
The Pure grips look like a good choice actually. When I go back to Houston, I'm going to pay attention to what others at my home course have been using.

Back